“Highly Recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Highly Recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was the perfect off Disney property! the staff was attentive and responsive. The room, facilities and location were just great. The setting was tranquil and relaxing after a long day at EPCOT or the Magic Kingdom but super, super close.

Green Features: I applaud Villas of Grand Cypress for their extremely well done eco approach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Close to the hustle and bustle but WORLDS away; that’s one of my most favorite things about the Villas. All the benefits and seclusion of a secret island oasis, but moments from the most popular theme parks and attractions in the world!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying in a 1-bedroom villa for 6 nights with my 10-month old on, husband, and dog. When we first arrived and toured the villa we were very pleased with the place. Very modern furnishings and the space was very large. We also got an excellent unit overlooking the lake.

HOWEVER, IT WENT DOWNHILL.... On our first night when we were bathing our son in the tub, my husband found a dead cockroach next to the tub. Needless to say we were not pleased but brushed it off. We thought the villa's beautiful surroundings compensated for this small thing. We are now on our 4th day and yesterday, we found 3 dead bugs (large) in the living room, 1 dead cockroach, and a LIVE cockroach in the bathroom. I also happened to drop my son's prescription ointment (he is a severe eczema sufferer) under our nightstand and when I went to reach under to pick it up, the entire thing was filled with dust and hair. I had to scoop a large portion of this ointment out to get rid of all the dirt. Then I started noticing other small, live bugs around the villa, washroom sink with toothpaste stains from previous guest, broken glass piece my dog found in the dining room, and many other small issues. I called front desk to voice my concerns and when I spoke to the manager all he could offer to us was to call in a third party to spray the property to get rid of the cockroaches (3 and still counting). I was surprised that he didn't offer to change our room or put a credit on our bill. I am mostly surprised because I have a small infant and a dog and the staff don't appear to care that this room is cockroach-infested. Even more startling is I'm paying a $150 "pet cleaning fee" to have the room deep cleaned. We have 3 more nights here and I'm still waiting to see what they will do for us. I spoke to font desk yet again today and the best they can do is vacuum the room. Shouldn't the rooms already be vacuumed?!?

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I am truly sorry to read that your time thus far at the Villas has not exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on being one of Orlando’s premier luxury resorts, and to learn that you have not received the personalized, intuitive service that our guests and repeat guests have come to expect is disappointing. I am relieved now that our General Manager has made contact with you and taken steps to correct the issues in your accommodation and make the situation right as your stay with us continues. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your reservation further, please don’t hesitate to call me directly at 407-239-1947.
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Villas for a family vacation. The lushly landscaped setting is a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. The recent renovation gives true five star quality to the property, complete with all the amenities expected from a luxury resort. From room service to the pro shop, the staff here is top notch. The villas are appointed with all the comforts of home, along with great technology to keep you well connected. Whether traveling with my family or on business, the villas are my home away from home

Room Tip: If you are travelling with more than one, take a one bedroom unit rather than a club suite, for an a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
It takes five star to know five star! How splendid that the Villas was the perfect spot for your family vacation. Come “home” soon!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The wife and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and looked on tripadvisor for romantic places to stay. This hotel was ranked 4th on tripadvisor, but I think that is only because everyone wants to keep this gem to themselves. I can hardly blame them. I have stayed at the Waldorf, Ritz-Carlton and this hotel blue them away. The villas basically feel like homes, but with personal staff attending to your every need. When I told my niece about our experience, all she could say is "Man they treated you like you were a 'baller' (urban slang for someone that is VIP)." Of course we are not VIP, but they sure made you feel that way. We got a free upgrade to a one bedroom villa and free room service breakfast. The villas were huge and the area was quiet. In fact we often felt like we where the only ones on the whole property. I just can't say enough about this place. It looks exactly like it does on the picture. This is our new place to stay when we are in Orlando. Close to all the tourist attractions.

Thank you villas of grand cypress for a unforgettable time!!!!

Room Tip: I imagine every room is awesome. If you can manage to visit during non-peak periods, you can sometim...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Who says you’re not a VIP?? There is NOBODY more “baller” than a Villas guest! Sixteen years, how Grand! Here’s to an unforgettable 17th, 27th, and 37th at the Villas, as well!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently attending a business event at the Villas of Grand Cypress and my only negative comment is that I was so busy I didnt get to enjoy this beautiful property. I have stayed at dozens of better properties in Orlando yet here as soon as you drive through the gate you feel like no other propert in Orlando. The welcome at the front desk and escort to the room made you feel welcome as soon as you arrive. I understand the rooms were recently remodeled and they are outstanding with top features and touches. I never got to swing a club but the coursed looked impecable. For those who may attend a business function the meeting center was very nice. Food wise I mostly ate catered food at the meeting center but it was excellent. The one dinner at the clubhouse was also superb.

In summary everything I experienced with the staff and propertywas 5 star so I highly recommend the Villas of Grand Cypress.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I’m so glad you felt welcome at the Villas, because you are! Always! You’ll have to come back sometime when you can stay a little longer and kick back for a bit with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

What separates the Villas of Grand Cypress from other five star resorts is not just the amazing staff and impeecable scenery. It is the unique, classy touches. Nightstands with motion sensor lighting, a bathroom that feels more like a spa, and free ice pops at the pool for the kids. Do yourself a favor- skip the miserable masses nearby and go somewhere the whole family will actually enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013
Finally, a favor that makes vacation better for kids and parents; no need to sacrifice a good time for one or the other! Great travel tip!
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Everything to do with our stay was exceptional. The staff was very professional and friendly. Everyone greated us with a pleasant hello and a smile. I have traveled all over the world and a friendy hello and smile can go a very long way to showing an exceptional service attitude. Your golf staff was exceptional from booking tee times to making sure all of my golfing needs were met. My initial contact was with Don in setting up my tee times and he was wonderful. He was very professional and personable. Really I wish I could give you more names. The staff who helped with my clubs before and after the golf rounds were spot on. Every member of the food staff and hotel staff were great as well - a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the golf course and thought it was a great choice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
It’s wonderful to hear you speak highly of staff members from so many different areas of the resort! Don is always so efficient at putting together a great golf experience. There will be hellos and smiles [and 45 holes of Orlando golf] waiting for you when you head our way again!

Been to Villas of Grand Cypress? Share your experiences!