“Search no more . . . .” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grayling, Michigan
“Search no more . . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I along with our grown daughter and husband spent three nights at this beautiful property in September 2013. We were so impressed! The villa where we stayed (2 story, 2 bedroom, king beds) was lovely with lovely furnishings and high end appliances. Honestly, the luxury in all of the details were well beyond what we expected. The beds were awesome and the bathroom had every amenity you can imagine and were beautiful. The kitchen was unbelievable with the best of all appliances and equipment needed for any meal preparation. Industrial strength Keurig. Generous (included) supply of K-cups and bottled water, It didn't stop there. The patio area is private while offering a lovely view of the golf course, the pool on property was clean and staff offered iced water at our pool chairs. Customer service was beyond what we've experienced elsewhere--no exaggeration! I guess my personal favorite memory is the quiet mornings (in the center of things minutes from WDW) on the patio, drinking coffee and enjoying the start of a new day with my husband--relaxing and rejuvenating. From check in to check out it was a great experience and we're talking about our next visit already!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Those quiet patio mornings are where the magic truly happens; they can be the difference between a “trip” and a real “retreat.” I’m exultant that you found relaxation and rejuvenation with your loved ones at the Villas. Let us know if you need any help planning that next visit you’re talking about already, because we can’t wait to have you back on our patios again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Daytona Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Villas of Grand Cypress were a perfect fit for our golf vacation. They rooms were magnificent! The pool area was wonderful. The restaurants were great. And the main attraction-- the golf courses, were perfect! We spent Father's Day and the following few day at the resort. Golf arrangements were spot-on and the staff were so accommodating! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Parking is available near all villas, making it very convenient.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
What better place to spend Father’s Day than an Orlando golf resort like the Villas! We adore being a “perfect fit” for your party.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I had to go to Orlando for a conference and was really dreading it! DREADING IT!
I'm have been to Orlando a few times for work and it always seems to be hot, humid and full of cranky kids.
So, I planned this trip to arrive as late as possible, and to leave as early as possible.
Staying 2 nights.
So, I arrive late. It’s not far from the airport really… maybe a 15 minute drive.
Turn into drive, which is gated.
The security guard got my name and verified that I was due to check in.
I proceeded through the gate and it was DARK. Pitch black. Scary for me as a woman traveling alone because I had never been there before and I knew that my room was a ‘villa’ which means exterior entry.
That always makes me nervous.
So, I find the reception and again, it was very quiet and dark. It wasn’t that late… maybe 930pm.
But this place is very residential, so it is really quiet after dark.
He greeted me by name and quickly got me checked in. The bellman took my keys and I followed him to the villa.
He explained to me where our meetings were and told me they would pick me up and take me to the conference center if I did not feel like driving myself.
I really could not see any part of the resort as we pulled up to the villa, which was set up like a typical condo unit.
I parked and we went inside.
It smelled as if it had just been built, which I love.
He showed me all the features and would not accept a tip… but I forced him. He made me feel comfortable in this dark, quiet resort.
There was a fridge, big TV with 3 HBO channels, Kuerig coffee maker, free wifi, and ICE COLD a/c. I cranked it down to 68 and damn near froze. I LOVED that!
I have attached photos so you can see how nice the villa was… the bed was so comfortable and that deep tub was relaxing after long days.
Started off each day with a quadruple head shower, and got ready watching the news in the bathroom.
At the light of day, I checked out my patio which looked over the golf course. The landscaping is very nice, plush and tropical.
It wasn’t hot. September 4. Nice breeze and great temps!
I drove all around the resort and just soaked in the beauty of it all.
How can this place be so close to all that mouse madness???
Close to both outlet malls, close to Whole Foods for meals.
Great trip, which was unexpected. I really wanted to stay!
I seriously felt like I was in a resort on Maui or something.
I sure hope to stay there should I visit Orlando again!

• Stayed September 2013
I’m so glad we were able to turn around your feelings about traveling to Orlando! We love being a retreat from the hustle and bustle. Thank you for posting all those beautiful photos of your room and views! And no need to only hope to see us again, we’ll be here next time you’re in the area with a room and a tub waiting!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Have stayed here several times and every time had been fantasic. Beginning from the ease of booking and smooth check in. The staff is very knowledgeable and attentived. The rooms are newly renovated and amazing--every comfort you need and spotlessly cleaned. The pool area and golf are well-maintained and fun to use...the whole property is gorgeous! We also love dining at both restaurants and think Nine 18 is one of the very best in Orlando. Loacation can't be beat...close to Disney and easy to get around. I love that you feel really "away from it all" and well takend care of by an exemperly staff. Can't wait for out next stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I agree; NINE18 IS one of the best in Orlando! I’m always impressed with the culinary creations of our Executive Chef Alan Gould. My favorite is the Chilean Sea Bass with the Caviar Butter Sauce. I’m looking forward to turning your amazing past times into many more amazing times to come!
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Staff fantastic they are always ready to help . Nothing ever to much trouble
, golf ,and courses very good could not fault.. The villas all I can say is wow, the rooms are as good as any I have stayed in

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
If all you can say is “wow,” we won’t ask for anything else! I’m elated that you found our staff, courses, and rooms to all be without fault. We can’t wait to see you again!
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is an addendum to our previous review "Looking Forward to Our Upcoming Stay".
We spent a glorious week at the Villas for our anniversary. There were fabulous upgrades to the décor - most impressive! There is even a TV screen in the bathroom mirror. The beds are so comfortable.......we need one of those at home!
The staff made us feel like family - there was no one that was less than professional and pleasant. We were greeted with such a warm welcome from Gareth (as always).
We spent a great deal of time at the pool, and the service was unbelievable (thank you John!). We go the same time each year and are always pleasantly surprised to see some of the same guests there, too.
The housekeeping staff was so warm and efficient. The breakfasts are fantastic -the wait staff is top notch. And the 918 is the best restaurant for a special dinner. So romantic!
We feel rested and refreshed after our stay and cannot wait to go back.
Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: The one bedroom Villa is the most romantic choice for a couples get away!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m so glad you felt like family, because you are; just ask Gareth! I love to know that you continue to find new things to love about the Villas each time you come. I hope you were able to enjoy that mojito and crack open the good book you were planning on bringing while you were here!
Mulberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked a 4 night, 4 day all-inclusive golf package for my husband and myself. We have birthdays two days apart, and this was my birthday present to my husband. We were treated like royalty by all, but particularly by the wait staff at Nine18, a world-class restaurant on site. We ate dinner there all four nights, and by the time we left felt like Giorgi and Sweeney were family. Renee also treated us extremely well, although we didn't have the opportunity to have him as our main server any night. The food was beyond delicious, everything! It was presented beautifully as well. They even surprised us two separate nights with a very special birthday dessert platter, with "Happy Birthday" written across the bottom of the platter in chocolate. Our King suite was immaculate and checked/cleaned twice a day to perfection and without any inconvenience whatsoever to us. It was like they somehow knew when we weren't there... We absolutely LOVED the "electric mirror" in the bathroom!! It's a smart t.v. in the actual mirror! Wow! So, we were able to watch the TPC DeutchseBank Boston Golf tournament no matter what room we were in...! The golf courses, by the way, were also beautiful and immaculately kept. Unfortunately, we happened to be there not too many days after they'd been aerated, so our putting was a little off course... And there is a problem with "all inclusive" packages in the billing. You need to carefully check your check-out bill to make sure meals, etc. aren't added on. We got a bill in the mail just today for our breakfast on the day we left, which was supposed to be 'included'. They have been very gracious about correcting the mistakes, however. We WILL go back!! (but probably not Labor Day weekend because of the scorching heat.) You should book your stay! You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Unless you have more than two people or are staying for a longer period than 4 days, a King Suite sh...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JYost_DOR, Manager at Villas of Grand Cypress, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
The all-inclusive package is a great way to have a completely worry-free vacation! Book the package, and then eat and drink up! And let’s not forget UNLIMITED GOLF! I’m glad to read that our team worked to resolve any mistakes made with your reservation quickly and graciously. While we can’t always stop mistakes from happening, we can always correct them honestly and quickly!

Been to Villas of Grand Cypress? Share your experiences!