“better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Orlando International Drive

You added Super 8 Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Super 8 Orlando International Drive
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5900 American Way, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Orlando Inn - I DRIVE)   |
Ranked #201 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Somerset
“better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks from 24th september. I was a little worried after reading the reviews but i was pleased with what we found. We had a non smoking room (149) and it was fine. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom worn but not too bad. All the staff were really pleasant and always happy to help.
If you want a 5 star hotel then this is not for you. But if you want a cheap hotel , 15 min walk from Universal studios and easy travel distance to Disney etc this hotel is perfect.We didn't spend a lot of time in our room (who does in Orlando??) but we found tv, wifi , fridge etc all worked well, so what more do you want?
We had a wet carpet one morning from the air con, as soon as we reported the problem it was sorted out quickly.
Would recommend this hotel if travelling on a budget. We would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: room 149 was fine, fairly quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your visit. Our team works hard to make sure we provide the best customer service.

You are absolutely right - Orlando is a wonderful place to visit, so we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Super 8 Orlando International Drive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend 10/11/12 - 10/14/12. We stayed in a standard double/ non-smoking and our room (129) was spacious and clean. The hotel is in a great location, being just off of I-drive and about 5 min from Universal.

The continental breakfast (bread, pastries, cereal, juice and coffee) is great for those who enjoy a quick breakfast. Called for more towels and received them promptly.Ordered out from the room service menu provided, not a good idea. The food was poorly made and took forever. I would advise if ordering out try NY Broadway Pizza or one of the many other places on I-Drive.

The only reason this is rated 4 stars instead of 5 is purely due to cosmetic reasons. The appliances (phone, alarm, hair dryer, no in room iron) are outdated or missing altogether. Our door into the room (129) hung a bit so light came in from the top. Not too big of a deal since it didn't rain but I can see water easily getting in if it did, not to mention critters as well. The bathroom door stuck. So you had to slam it or yank to get it open,very noisy. The TV is outdated, and the cable connection came through fuzzy on most channels.

Overall, this is definitely worth the stay for the price and location and I would consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Super 8 Orlando International Drive. I’m very pleased to hear your overall experience at our property was worth the stay. However, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had encountered in the room 129. Your feedback is very important to us. All issues, you pointed out in the room were reviewed and fixed.

Please know that we would very much enjoy welcoming you as our guest again.
Thank you.

Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had an extended stay at super 8 motel for about two months, and i must say the price, room, value, free wifi, continental breakfast...all very nice, and the best rates for that area, and the staff from the general manager, on down, very professional. i highly recommend this hotel, especially for the bargain hunters.

Room Tip: great place to stay, best value, and very close to universal studios, wet 'n wild, and other nic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and all viewers. We do remember you, Mr. Carl D. and treasure you as our customer. Personally from myself and on behalf of my staff we wish you the best and should the need arise we are always here to help.

Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Needed one night for the family before flying home and toured round a few motels on I-Drive.
This was by far the best at a good rate ($49).
Room was clean and smart (recent re-furb by the looks of it), staff were fine and the free WI-FI and breakfast were a bonus.
Great spot for a night or two if you need it.

Room Tip: 105 was great for us.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, Thank You. I'm glad to know that your family had a good night rest at our property. We would like to welcome you back. We will do our very best to accommodate you with all your needs and provide you with the best rate.
Thank you again.

Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The pics online look nice, but boy were we disappointed. We got there late one friday night around 11pm. The night shift girl was very nice and tried to be as helpful as possible. I was not impressed with the room but for the fact that I used a coupon code online to book it, I tried not to complain....neither did my wife. We realized we needed more towels and pillows so I went to the front desk and the girl was the only person in he whole place....I had to go to another room to take the stuff I needed...fourtunately the process led my to a better room than where we were staying. Also, the buss for universal doesn't show up until 10:30 am! That whole experiance plus the other people that were staying there made me and my wife a little uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend it....if it wasn't for the coupon code.....

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here hop on the super8 website and find a coupon code like I did..saved 20%
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know when things are not right. I understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. I certainly appologize for any inconvenience encountered during your stay. You provided a valuable comment regarding the shuttle trasportation- I'm working closely with the president of the company to resolve all shuttle schedule issues.

I'm so sorry I couldn't take care of your problems while your stay, but it is my hope that you give us another chance to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at 407-313-8888.
Thank you.

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed in one of the "upgraded" rooms, which is basically a new coat of paint and upgraded decor. The room was clean and larger than I expected, and the staff is friendly. The motel is close to WetnWild and Universal Studios. We chose to take a cab to Universal instead of driving ourselves. The front desk called the cab service for us and we were on our way within 10 minutes. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay without the frills, this is a good deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel. A lot of changes have been made and will continually be made to improve guest satisfaction. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Thank you again, and if I can be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

None
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing else. If you want cheap accommodation and to be 15min walk from Universal, then this is the place for you. The rooms have been recently renovated and the beds are comfy enough. Internet works in the room perfectly and the TV has all the channels you could need. You are surrounded by different restaurants on Int. Drive so no problems on that side. Negative: The breakfast is terrible and the swimming pool is in the middle of the car park.

To see more reviews and photos go to www.everydaysomewhere.com

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nadia G, General Manager at Super 8 Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write the review. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms. You will be happy to hear we will be serving upgraded "Super Start" breakfast, as of September 1st, which will include more and healthier choices. I will be more than happy to welcome you back .

Super 8 Orlando International Drive

Been to Super 8 Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!