I stayed at the Doubleetree Resort International Drive for the last week of August 2010. I booked through Universal Studios Vacations as they are a partner hotel. Our rates were much cheaper than if I had booked separately as we were able to take advantage of their "Stay 3 nights get 2 nights free" deal. Our stay was amazing. We checked in really early so were given a room with two queen beds instead of a single king which I was unhappy with but there were no more rooms available at the time, so we parked our luggage in the room, went out for the day and when we got back we called back down to the front desk and there was a room available on the "Club Level" in the tower. (fancy word for the top-most floor!) Besides the tower, they also have cabana-looking rooms which look like a fancy motel set up.
The decor of the hotel is modern and very appealing - I wanted to have a photoshoot in the lobby! There are three pools and two restaurants. The main pool just outside the tower has a faux waterfall. At least one of the other two pools has a jacuzzi and wading pool. Pools were open till midnight which was great because our days were so busy that we did not have time to swim during the day.
Hotel staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I had a great talk with the man who worked at the gift shop, Alejandro. The staff who worked at the Universal Studios room were very helpful and so was the staff at Valet.
We had one minor problem which was that our shower faucets were not screwed in correctly - hot was cold, vice versa, and it was impossible to shut off. We had to call down twice to get it turned off, but the second time they figured out the problem and had an engineer come in the next day to re-install the faucets.
We didn't really go to the restaurants but we did order room service one night. The food was good but not great and not really worth it because of all the added charges that come with getting room service. (21% auto grat plus $3.50 room service charge)
Another great thing was the location. Doubletree is right off of International Drive, so it is a stop on the I-Trolley route as well as the 42 and 111 Lynx buses. The I-Trolley bus system was a lifesaver, it made getting to and from the hotel SO much easier.
All in all it was a great stay and we were very sad to leave. I would consider staying here again if I am ever back in Orlando, depending on my itinerary.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel
- International Plaza Resort Spa
- International Plaza Resort & Spa
- International Plaza Orlando
- International Plaza Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld, formerly the Doubletree Resort Orlando – International Drive, has been transformed by its recent $35 million makeover to a warm and tranquil travel oasis redefining the meeting and vacation experience. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.