“Second year, still great!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Hotel Deals from $89
Ranked #112 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Durham, NC
“Second year, still great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

This was our second stay at the International. My wife and I first visited in 2008 and were surprised by how great the place was. This year we continued to be very happy with the International and will recommend it to friends.

Here are the three things that we really liked:
1. The rooms: Nicely refreshed (in '08 I think) in a Balinese style. We haven't seen the tower rooms so we can't comment on them. We will continue to try to get a room near one of the pools.
2. The property: Meticulously manicured with lush landscaping, ponds, fountains, miniature golf and a tikki bar (very important and reasonably priced with draft beers only $4).
3. Value: During our last visit we paid less than $100 with a convention discount.

Other things to consider: The tikki bar is great. The restaurant is acceptable, not great. The cafe has coffee good enough for breakfast but is otherwise weak. You can see the nightly Sea World fireworks from the large pool at 10pm each night (a fun bonus).

That's all! Don't be afraid to give it a try and have fun in Orlando.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

For our 20th weeding anniversary my husband and I picked the international Plaza hotel, it was wonderful , Ilham did our check in and she was extremely helpful and very professional she made feel at home . They even send us a fruit basket .

The hotel apparently went thru a lot of renovation , I can tell they really spend a lot of money making the hotel look like a true paradise , unfortunately we weren’t able to eat at the bamboo restaurant because it was little expensive for what we can afford . However it looked fabulous .

I will definitely return and send all my co-workers , we had such a great time

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I was looking for a little mother and daughter weekend retreat (12 yrs old) that wouldn't break my pockets. I live in Tampa so I could drive my own car. After searching the internet and researching hotels and spas, the deal I received on this resort was amazing! Not only that, but most spa resorts offered spa services at ridiculous prices. I didn't want to pay to go to a hotel and then pay $80 for a $35 manicure. This place was perfect. The spa was nice, clean, efficient and the customer service was on point. My daughter had a "Princess Man-Pedi" & I had a relaxing massage. All spa services were extremely reasonable. The rooms were impressive, modern, clean and up-to-date. We had a large plasma and an ipod station. The only slight complaint is that I paid extra for a pool interior room and received an end unit which faced nothing. I was okay with that, didn't want too much noise from pool-side guests anyway. The hotel is going "Green" so they get an extra kudos from me. You can request not to have your sheets changed every day if not needed. We were less than 10 minutes from Downtown Disney, across the street from Wet n' Wild, about 5 minutes from Sea World and 15 minutes from the Outlet. It was a pleasure to stay here and I would do it again as a matter of fact I am looking at the calendar now!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
ibstock-uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

i was a bit worried after ready a lot of earlier reviews for this hotel, but when we got there the hotel was fantastic .
the staff were wonderful especially Robert and kylie they both spent ages talking to my 7 yr old .
the room was lovely and clean ,
the hotel is still going through a small bit of refubishment but this is minimal and you hardly notice it
the disney and universal buses pick up from the hotel and the i ride stop is just outside the hotel.
i would recommend the hotel to anyone and my family will be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Erith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

After reading some of the reviews on here I was a little anxious before arriving at the hotel. Those anxieties were very misplaced. The hotel staff greeted us at the door and from that moment on made our stay a more than pleasant one.

The room was nice, clean, tidy and well kept. There were no kitchen facilities at all and no fridge.

This was easily solved with a trip to the local Walmart. A coolbox for $4 stocked up with ice (available all over the hotel for free from ice machines) daily was a nice simple answer, we also managed to pick up a toaster for $6 and cook our own breakfast some mornings.

The maid service was good.

Location was fantastic as were the pools, Jacuzzi mini golf, hammocks, fish pond etc etc. Didn't get chance to try the restaurant, but it looked fantastic from the outside.

All in all a brilliant hotel. I implore you to put the reviews that are painting a negative picture about this hotel out of your head. And if you are concerned as I was, simply ask to be put in one of the newly renovated rooms. (But I'm pretty sure they have all been renovated now anyway)

I would absolutely stay there again. The walk to Sea World is nowhere near as bad a some make out. It takes about 5-10 mins. The Sea World car park is big, but you would have to walk that in your car anyway, and you are a minutes walk (if that) from the edge of the Sea World car park. We did the walk 8 times (4 visits in total to try and ride Manta and countless rides on Kraken) after long days at other parks and it was not a hardship. Plus it saves you $12 on the car park. Bonus.

Hope you enjoy your stay as mush as we did

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed here following a cruise. When you walk in you are met by a huge reception area with various ticketing agents, fast and easy check in desk, helpful staff and a wonderful coconut aroma fills the air. Nice simply and spacious rooms with tea and coffee making facilities (although they don't give you enough but if you ask for more you can have some no problem). Nice surrounds two lovely big pools. At the back of the hotel there is a gate which leads onto Seaworld. The time we had here wasn't long enough would definitely stay here for a one or two week holiday.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
brooklyn,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I recently stayed at this gem of a hotel from April 26-30th 2009. I was very impressed from the moment I arrived. The front Desk Woman named Erinn was very polite and professional and went out of her way to see that I was pleased with my room. I was very impressed the Room was so beautiful and clean with a pool view. There was also a very nice young man named clarence who assisted me with my bags he gave me a tour of the entire grounds, and hints on where to eat etc. It is service like this and the Beauty of the entire Hotel that make you want to go back and tell your friends about. I had checked the reviews on this Hotel before making reservations and I had read some pretty unattractive things about it. I decided that you cannot believe everything your read or hear, there are some people no matter what you do are never satisfied. The bottom line is do check it out for yourself as I did. I was very pleased with this hotel and cannot say one unattractive thing about it. Like I said Paradise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!