This was our second stay at the International. My wife and I first visited in 2008 and were surprised by how great the place was. This year we continued to be very happy with the International and will recommend it to friends.
Here are the three things that we really liked:
1. The rooms: Nicely refreshed (in '08 I think) in a Balinese style. We haven't seen the tower rooms so we can't comment on them. We will continue to try to get a room near one of the pools.
2. The property: Meticulously manicured with lush landscaping, ponds, fountains, miniature golf and a tikki bar (very important and reasonably priced with draft beers only $4).
3. Value: During our last visit we paid less than $100 with a convention discount.
Other things to consider: The tikki bar is great. The restaurant is acceptable, not great. The cafe has coffee good enough for breakfast but is otherwise weak. You can see the nightly Sea World fireworks from the large pool at 10pm each night (a fun bonus).
That's all! Don't be afraid to give it a try and have fun in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando