Check in was seamless. I valet the car and the young gentleman, Sam, was so nice and helpful. We were booked for 2 nights in adjoining rooms. When we entered our first room it was cool, clean and looked inviting. The adjoining room however had a musty, moldy smell. My niece took her shoes off and stepped in soaking wet carpet. I called down immediately and they promptly sent up an engineer. He confirmed it was not the AC and perhaps the maids had spilled something. He had housekeeping bring towels to soak up the water. After running the AC the room eventually cooled off and the smell went away a little. The next morning the carpet was saturated even more. I went to the front desk and addressed the situation. The woman at the desk didn't write anything down and said they would take care of it. We spent the entire day in Sea World. When we returned nothing had been done. We were asked if we wanted to move rooms. With 4 people and checking out the next morning we passed. The housekeeping manager, Nelson, came up with a staff member and brought a vacuum to soak up the water and gave us tickets for breakfast. When we came back to our rooms after dinner that evening it was all taken care of and Nelson had left us warm cookies for my nieces.
Besides the wet carpet and the buckets in the lobby for the leaky roof it was a good stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, the young girl working the bar in the lobby had no clue about anything. When I asked for a pinot noir she poured a zinfandel and a cheap one! The gentleman in the restaurant was knowledgeable about the wines and gave me a great suggestion. If I ever decide venture back to Sea World or any of the parks I will definitely stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel
- International Plaza Resort Spa
- International Plaza Resort & Spa
- International Plaza Orlando
- International Plaza Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld, formerly the Doubletree Resort Orlando – International Drive, has been transformed by its recent $35 million makeover to a warm and tranquil travel oasis redefining the meeting and vacation experience. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.