“Great hotel and Big rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #39 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great hotel and Big rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2006

This was a great hotel and the rooms were very big. I travel a lot and am in and out of hotels and this hotel was by far one of the best I have stayed in. The location is right by Seaworld, you can walk across the street to the front gate. It is a bit isolated though, aside from Seaworld, so you have to be driving to really enjoy the location. The pool, the pool bar, the restaurants ... all were top notch.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Greek first
Seminole,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

We are season pass holders at Universal and Sea World and whenever we come this way, we stay at this hotel. You just cannot beat the quality and customer service this place offers. The pool and hotel are always clean, the breakfast buffet is excellent and well worth the price, and the staff is incredible. My personal thanks to Ray in the Tradewinds for making our meal there the best.
I was saddened to hear that the resort will be doing renovations that will include removing the bird atrium( and the birds). To us, that is what made the hotel unique. I only hope that the new renovations wil not take away the style and comfort that is there now.
Our only complaint was that management and contractors were knocking on doors asking to measure the curtains in the room. I would have waited until the people in the rooms have checked out- I hope this was an oversight on Marriot.

• Stayed June 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2006

My stay was great at The Renaissance! I wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel with my partner, parents and sister. We asked for adjoining rooms and this request was met with no problems.
On arrival I was very impressed with the standard of service offered by all staff and was very impressed with the hotel reception. I was to be impressed further on arrival to my room. The standard to which the housekeeping staff work is exceptional and this standard was met constantly everyday of myself and my families stay. We had a wonderful view of the pool which is a good size and well maintained. Located a short walk from the pool area are three tennis courts, a basketball court and a volley area.
The Renaissance is a short walk from Sea World. The I-Ride and Lynx Bus service are available outside the hotel on the main road with services running to all Disney Parks and Universal Parks as well as along International Drive. It is away from the hustle and bustle of I-Drive and is a calm, serene hotel. However, if you prefer to be located within walking distance of amenities such as shops and restaurants then this is probably not the ideal hotel for you.
I would once more like to comment on the staff at the Renaissance from the bell-hops, guest services staff, shop staff, housekeeping and security. They were all so very polite and helpful during our stay.
The only downsides to our stay was our first and only trip to the Tradewinds Restaurant. We arrived in the evening after a nine hour flight and an hour transfer from Sanford Airport. After settling into our rooms we decided to visit the Tradewinds. We were shown to our seats and then ignored for approximately 20 minutes after which we decided to leave. During this time waiters were clearing empty tables and attending other guests. Other a long journey we were all feeling very tired and this was not ideal. The price of food on this menu (which is also the menu for room service) was expensive.
Overall a wonderful hotel with exceptionally high standards, wonderful staff and beautiful surroundings in a relaxing and tranquil environment.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

Please can I have my room back? I want to live at this hotel. Everything I wanted all under one roof ( or atrium!) Everyone in Seaworld have a look across at the big posh hotel - yes, the one with the blue roof - I love it!

• Stayed May 2006
Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Nice hotel, great service, very good food. Very reasonably priced for a convention.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Starkville, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

The hotel was great. Clean room, great beds, wonderful showers, great atmosphere. Self parking is easy and access to and from hotel parking was great. We stayed for 5 nights while we attended Sea World for a couple of those days. We just walked accross the streat to Sea World (wonderful convenience). Pool area is great and they have planned kids activities.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!