“ok, but i would definitely not stay again !” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Wintervention
Ranked #44 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
North East/ England
“ok, but i would definitely not stay again !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

We booked this hotel expecting a 5 star hotel as noted in the virgin holidays brochure, they would be lucky to get a 3+ star from us. The best bits were the audotorium, pool and starbucks. The rooms were dirty and small, the so called fresh towels everyday had hairs on them. We didnt let any of this ruin our holiday as after all it was a holiday of a lifetime. We thoroughly enjoyed universal studios, disney, seaworld, aquatica and bush gardens. We got the trolley to international drive outside the hotel very easily. Nice restaurants at pointe orlando, our favourite was maggianos little Italy, looked expensive but was quite a decent price. Overall we had a fantastic hotel, but we would not go with virgin holidays again, next time we will go with our usual tour operator thomsons and we would definitely not stay at the renaiscance again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Greek first
LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

When we arrived at the Renaissance we were speechless at the sheer size and decor. There was 3 of us (2 x adults, 1 x child) the staff were very helpful, the room was very spacious and was constantly spoilt by maids leaving chocolates on the pillow. My daughter who is 5 years old loved the hotel and especially the pool, she was also presented when we arrived with a cuddly seaworld toy. Even though the hotel was away from shops the I RIDE stop was outside so we could still get around. Also the great thing about this hotel that it was opposite seaworld so we spent the majority of the time there and after a long walk round - you could see the renaissance across the carpark, so it was a comforting thought not having to travel far back from a theme park.

i would recomend this hotel to everyone - i would definatly come back here again. the only downside that it did not have a small shop you could buy milk, juice etc

Stayed July 2008
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Just got back from a fantastic holiday. This hotel is in a great location for Seaworld and the new Aquatica Waterpark. Its only 8-10 minutes from all other parks.

As previously said this hotel has recently been refurbed and the layout is fantastic.

Pool facilities were great - also had volleyball, tennis, table tennis etc. etc.

Rooms were really big which meant a family had succificient room. and included a safe and fridge with no restrictions on placing your own drinks/food in them. We also had a turn down service each evening with chocolates left on bed and weather details for following day.

By booking with Virgin we received free self parking and also holiding a frequent flyer card you receive 10% in bars/restaurants.

Staff in Starbucks were very pleasant each morning we arrived for our morning fix of latte/hot chocolate.

Concierge gave out great directions for shops/chemists etc.

It certainly didn't feel like your typical Orlando hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness and size
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

The Renaissance was a wonderful hotel in a great location. Because of hurricane/tropical storm Fay we were forced to actually spend alot of time in the hotel, and we had a great time. The hotel has many amenities including 4 restaurants and a Starbucks. The rooms were very large with spacious bathrooms.
The beds were very comfy and the views of SeaWorld were great. We got a great rate through Priceline at $65 per night. I would have paid twice that for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

We got the room through priceline for $75/night. We needed a room for a night on our way back home from St. Kitts and stayed in 4004. Overall, the bathroom was very clean and room was quite comfortable…although the carpet was a little dated. Other than the fact that they were testing their emergency system – which meant a loud siren sound around 1:30-2pm – the hotel was not bad. I also had a massage at the spa which was FABULOUS!!! I highly recommend it! They were also very accommodating with a 3 pm late check out time. I would stay there again.

The Good:
- clean room and bathroom
- great breakfast buffet
- great spa

The Bad:
- alarm going off at 1:30 pm
- outdated carpet

It was a good “lay over” for my husband. I would also recommend you try the Samba Room, which is a restaurant about 10 minutes away! It’s Cuban cuisine and the best Mojitos…Delicious!!

• Liked — lobby and room
  • Disliked — outdated carpet and emergency sirens at 1:30 pm
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

This hotel has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed at in the entire Orlando area. I live in Florida so I have visited Orlando my entire life for quick weekend getaways. Stayed at numerous Disney properties including Contemporary, and Grand Floridian. Also have stayed at the Peabody, Omni & Ritz and JW Marriott nearby and none of them can compare to the overall quality and service of this hotel. Firstly, for the price this hotel is the best value for money compared to some of the others like the Peabody or JW who charge random crazy rates depeding on what convention is going on (although you can get off-season priceline rates to the Peabody for around $60/night). I was at the Renaissance for business and the location can't be beat. It is one light from I-4 West and 2 lights from I-4 East bound. To get to the convention center you don't even have to go on any main roadways, and even if you do it is only the extremely quiet end of I-Drive. Also, I liked that I could get to the Premium Outlets mall via the back of I-Drive quicker than if I took the highway. The hotel itself had great service from the moment you valet. At check-in they offer you a complimentary glass of Moet champagne and your room elevators are literally 15 feet away from the reception desk so you don't have to carry your bags far. The hotel has a great recently remodeled atrium lobby along with remodled rooms. The rooms have raised unique ceilings that are unlike any hotel I have stayed at. Also, the rooms are extra large so there's plenty of room for your luggage as well as a sitting area to relax. If you can, get a room with an interior balcony. I would reccomend that over an exterior balcony if you are there for business. The bathrooms and tv stand are all granite The hotel also has a full service FedEx Kinkos in the lobby. The sports bar has mediocre food but the furnishing is top notch as well as all the HD tv's they had. None of that basic Vizio brand here, only LG and Sony. The sushi bar in the center of the hotel had great food as well as extremely nice furnishings. It would be used much more if it wasn't in the middle of the lobby. They have no music playing anywhere in the restaurant so the ambiance is pretty dull. The hotel also had a great pool area with a pool bar and full size tennis, basketball, and I'm pretty sure volleyball court. The fitness center was also great with nice gym quality machines and fresh towels and headphones placed on every machine. All the treadmills have built-in tvs and there is complimentary fruit and larger towels for when you are done. Overall I would absoloutely stay here when I am back in town no matter if I was there for business or pleasure. It's a shame all Renaissance's aren't like this one.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Parking Fees
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I haven't even stayed here yet and can't believe the wonderful experience I've had with the staff already. I have booked a 2 night stay for my children and myself for this Labor Day weekend. I am a single mom with two boys and I am always trying to make everything they experience very special. I am on a limited budget and use Priceline quite often. We travel to Orlando several times a year for swim meets and usually get a hotel in I-Drive. I usually work 6 days a week and this trip I was looking for relaxation and not so much hustle and bustle this time. When bidding on Priceline I went a little higher on a request hoping to land a resort for a change and was lucky enough to be accepted by the Renaissance. I never expected anything like this. After reading other reviews on this site I contacted the hotel this evening 8/26 and was greeted by a nice young man who was very professional and polite. I had a simple request but expected that being a Priceline booking they would not be able to accommodate me. To my surprise my request was easily granted. I requested a room on the Seaworld side in order for my boys to see the fireworks from a balcony. I was told that a reservation was placed for me with my request and that it was 99% certain nothing would interfere. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I've stayed in other hotels and once they've realized I've paid through Paypal been treated different then booking through the hotel directly. A+ to the staff at this Resort - I've stayed in several Marriott affliates and have always been extremely pleased. This one being a Resort location I feel will make it that much nicer - I can't wait until this weekend!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!