“Extremly exelent” 5 of 5 stars

Weekend Wintervention
Ranked #43 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Extremly exelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Just love it my kids ,my husband and my self it was a great vacations! You can enjoy the kids zone pool until 9 and the pool until 12 wich was great for all of us. Staff very nice . Defintly will stay again there

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Greek first
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

not sure, if I ever saw such a huge hotel.

very professional organized, very friendly staff, very fast problem solving.
nice pool area with a separate kids aqua park.
fitness center was nice, not all days equally well prepared.
sushi bar (in the middle) with unfortunately limited choice.
breakfast buffet very nice and affordable.
very nice valet parking staff.
the best concierge service we had in this almost 3.5 weeks trip in Florida.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to know that the concierge exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again.
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance for 3 nights. The hotel has a great decor and a great atmosphere.
Although we didn't use the pool or cabanas as we were at the parks all day, there were plenty of people enjoying themselves and there was still seating available. There is a (small) games room for kids and my husband and son enjoyed the table tennis and foosball.
The concierges and staff were very helpful and courteous.
The room was good - no complaints (and if you knew me, I'm extremely hard to please)...
The only complaint, if you can call it that, was that the on-site Starbucks closed at 6pm... I think it would be great if it was open later for people coming back from the parks... but this is an external store and not under the control of the Renaissance.
All in all, a great trip for a great price... we would definitely not hesitate to stay here again.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Renaissance Orlando Resort at Sea World is the perfect place to stay when you're visiting Sea World Orlando, with half of the rooms overlooking the park. My wife and I have stayed at this grand hotel at least half a dozen times, and will stay there any time we return to Orlando.The pool is tropical oasis with cabanas for shade and a very nice pool-side bar/restaurant. The hotel has three or four other excellent restaurants in the cathedral-like atrium. It is also walking distance from International Drive. All in all, a superb hotel!

Room Tip: The King beds are truly regal! Ask about the free Fast Passes for the Sea World rides.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We visited Seaworld and decided to stay at this hotel so we wouldn't have to go very far. In that respect the hotel was a success-- it was an easy walking distance across the parking lot to Seaworld. The hotel lobby was pretty, the staff was friendly, and the pool areas were great for kids. So why can't I give it a higher rating? We could barely sleep here -- something rather important in a hotel! I thought the rooms with balconies to the lobby atrium would be loudest, so I requested a quiet higher floor that had an outside window-- we were still kept up until past midnight by a loud, cheering bar crowd in the atrium. The door to the lobby let through all noises-- people in the hall, elevator dings, etc. As if that wasn't bad enough, the bed was downright uncomfortable. I can't remember the last time I disliked a hotel bed this much. So.... If not for the night's stay it was a nice hotel. But unfortunately we need a place to sleep at night.
Pros:
Great location for Seaworld
Early hours and other Seaworld park perks
Friendly staff at front desk very helpful
Great water play area for kids and lovely pool
Nice lobby area
Clean

Cons:
Very uncomfortable beds
Noisy lobby atrium seems to affect rooms throughout hotel
Need to pay for wifi in rooms and parking

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad that our staff was friendly and helpful. However, we are truly sorry to hear we did not provide with a more enjoyable stay. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss it with you, so if you are so kind, please contact Guest Relations at 407-351-5555. Thanks again for your feedback.
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Although I have not stayed at this hotel, both of my bosses did in the past week. I had to call the hotel 3 times. Once was to modify a reservation, the second time I called was to request the email confirmation of the reservation (again) and the third was a billing question. Each time I called, the person who answered the phone and the person who helped me were down right rude. Very, very rude and curt while on the phone. I almost feel bad that I had to call and interupt their day. You would think a hotel of this stature and magnitude would at least have someone who was nice that worked there. I know I will never stay at this particular hotel after being treated so very rudely (and 3 different times at that) over the phone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are deeply sorry to hear about your experience with us over the phone. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss it further with you and be able to rectify the situation. Please contact Guest Relations at 407-351-5555. Thank you so much.
Port Orange
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance this weekend and had a great time. This is a very nice hotel and great for families (the rooms are bigger than your average hotel). The hotel was much bigger than I expected (10 stories, the middle is a big open atrium area). The service was awesome and it has all the amenities. It has everything you need right there on site: restaurants (a little pricey, especially for breakfast), Starbucks, ice cream shop, gift/snack store, etc. The one negative I have is that they call the waterslides a "teen area". We picked this hotel partly because it had the slides and we figured my son (he's 12) would be kept busy in there. The slides are small and the only kids in there were smaller than my son, I'm guessing the oldest was 10. Besides that, the pool area is great and very well set up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the resort. However, we are very sorry to hear that you expected something different from the R-Aqua Zone. I would definitely like to discuss it further and be able to find out where the miscommunication happened. If you are so kind, please contact Guest Relation at your earliest convenience at 407-351-5555. Thanks again.

Been to Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!