“Great hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Everett, WA
“Great hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Great hotel with a wonderful lobby. Its located right next to SeaWorld, with a full exercise room, a nice laundry area, great pool area (wonderful water play thing) and a Starbucks. Our room had a view of the SeaWorld fireworks, a king size bed, and nice seating area. We asked for two connecting rooms, but since the Georgia Bulldogs were staying there for the Capital One Bowl game, they could only get us handicapped rooms. Turns out the rooms were great - large area, great view, and a very nice bathroom. Service at the hotel was wonderful, a bellman to help with the bags, nice greeting at the entryway, and easy check-in. This was a priceline win from a few months ago.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the SeaWorld fireworks. All the rooms surround a nice atrium and there are severa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Greek first
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is the 4th time staying here and was as good as other times. The hotel was nearly full but it really doesn't feel it. We had breakfast included the package, if we hadn't it would have cost us $74 a day which I think even for hotel rates is too expensive. I would have liked complimentary Wifi included too !!!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I was not sure what to expect from this property. The last time I stayed here was 2008 and the hotel has since been refurbished. My experience was excellent in every way. From the moment that we arrived until the moment we left. The agent at the front desk (Fernanda) a cheerful, elegant & very nice woman from Argentina treated us like royalty. I am en elite member of the Marriott Rewards program & she was very quick to recognize that. I was in Orlando with a friend for my birthday weekend & once she was made aware. She immediately proceeded to offer us some sparkling wine & make us feel extra special.

The Good: The front desk staff, the parking, the room all of it. Our room was an executive suite which was huge, comfortable & most importantly very clean. The hotel itself is older so the rooms are very large. The entire property has been refurbished & is very contemporary. Our room was great & very functional. With a wet bar, a sectional sofa, a desk & plenty of space. The amenities are great at this property. We did not visit the spa, but a full service spa is available on site. The grounds are well kept & the entrance is very elegant. We found a plastic floating whale in our bathroom as a free take home gift. I found that to be a a very nice touch.

The Bad: Not much really. My only "bad" if you will are the bathrooms. So much money was spent to make the rooms look new, modern & fresh. But the bathrooms - while lightly refreshed. Are not up to standard for Renaissance. The restroom in our suite was not luxurious, looked very dated, was small & not in keeping with what you would expect at an otherwise upscale property. They towels were of poor quality & they only had 2 large towels. The hand towels were also very limited in quantity. You would think that since they bathrooms here are terrible. They would at least try to make up for it by providing lots of nicely folded/rolled white fluffy towels & other amenities. But they don't - other then the standard Aveda soap, shampoo, conditioner & lotion. They had nothing else. I expected more.

The ugly: The parking charge which is completely unacceptable for the area. I live in Miami & frequent Orlando monthly to visit family that lives there. I have stayed at most of the neighboring properties. While some of them (most don't) do charge for parking. None of them charge as much as they do here.

The Verdict: If you don't have a car & can get over the exuberant parking fees. Then stay here to enjoy five star service, a great location, a fabulous room (except the bathroom) & a fair overall value proposition. If it were not for the parking & the bathroom - they would get a full 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: Try not to park there. Its expensive !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice and detailed review. Fernanda is one of our greatest assets, and I cannot wait to share this comment with her. We hope you come back soon!
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a wonderful 10 day stay at the Renaissance Orlando Seaworld. This was our second stay and it won't be our last. This stay was even better than last year! Check-in was both friendly AND fast. Our room was large with lots of room to breath. The bathroom is large with two sinks and plenty of room to move around. We had a balcony that opened to the lobby. The lobby is huge and wide open with a small waterfall and a huge fish tank. Our room was spotlessly clean. The lobby and public areas were always inviting and very clean. The pool area was also tidy. For entertainment they have a large pool as well as a seperate waterpark area. They also have ping pong and foosball available. There are two fire pits that you can relax by in the evenings. They offer quick queue for Seaworld. We walked to Seaworld almost every day during our stay.
We did have a lightbulb burn out during our stay. After we called it was fixed within minutes and the maintenance person was very friendly. All of the staff was friendly. My husband picked me up at the door one day and the valet attendant came over and opened my door for me - just to be nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
What a nice review! Thank you so much for being so kind, and also for reviewing in detail each of the aspects of the hotel. We were fortunate to have you for a second time, and we can’t wait to have you back to have a fabulous time once again.
Clermont, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for my daughter's 10th birthday trip to Seaworld and Discovery Cove. Top Notch. Susan at the front desk made her birthday by giving her the royal treatment. The staff here is amazing and the location is wonderful. This will be our hotel when we return to Orlando.

Avon, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My wife and I checked in last Friday night and stayed through Sunday morning. The hotel is right across the street from SeaWorld. I mean right across the street. This made it very easy to walk to and from the park to avoid the heavy traffic that we could see bottle-necked in the parking lot. I had called the hotel early on the day I was checking in to ask about getting a room with a good view, and they put us on the side facing SeaWorld where we could see the roller coasters, etc. I didn't have a lot of time to actually explore the hotel or spend time thinking about the room (which was nice), as we spent just about every one of our waking minutes enjoying the touristy parts of Orlando. (We went to Universal Studios on our second day there.) One of the best perks of the hotel was getting free quick que pass allowing us to bypass all the lines for the major attractions, such as the roller coasters.

Additionally, I experienced one of the finest examples of Marriott staff going far out of their way to make sure their guests are as happy as can be. On Sunday night after the parks had closed, my wife and I asked the hotel to call a taxi for us to take us to another nearby Marriott property because I had a conference beginning the next morning that was taking place there. It was a beautiful night in Orlando and my wife and I were more than content waiting outside for the cab to arrive; however, because it was taking more than 10 minutes to arrive, the hotel arranged to have one of the valets drive us in one of the hotel's vehicles to our next destination. Now that is what I call a hotel really caring about the happiness of its guests. If I'm ever back in Orlando, this hotel is on my short list.

The only negative thing that I experienced regarding this hotel was the lack of information on the website about the complimentary shuttle to and from Universal Studios. It advertised a free shuttle service, but did not indicate that there was only one shuttle leaving for the park (a few hours after the park opened) and one coming back (a few hours before the park closed). I don't think it would have changed anything about how my wife and I planned our trip, but it would have been nice to have stumbled across information about the infrequency of the shuttle service to that park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
queens, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We (2 adults, 2 children - 10 & 7) stayed here 3 nights after returning from a cruise as part of a Seaworld/Aquatica package right before Labor Day. The location for Seaworld and Aquatica is excellent. Seaworld is basically acroos the street and Aquatica just a couple of blocks away. Our room, while very spacious, well equipped (fridge, coffee maker, etc.) and comfortable, was showing some signs of age. Nothing too drastic that would prevent me from returning, but you notice things like the bathroom door had clearly been painted over many times. At some point, just get a new door - those types of things.

One service issue we encountered was with the shuttle that takes you to Seaworld and Aquatica. I'm pretty sure they contract it out, but ultimately I consider them responsible for it. First, they should have more pickups than they do. Secondly, when going to Seaworld, we just happened to get to the lobby and out in front of the hotel about 2 minutes before the pickup time. Normally, we would have walked since you basically just cross the street and then through the parking lot to get to the SW entrance. But since the shuttle was due to arrive any moment, we waited for the shuttle (figuring we will be doing enough walking throught the day). Well, we waited about 10 minutes and still no shuttle. The natural assumption is it's running a little late. We wait a little more (if we walked we would have easily been there already) thinking it's got to be here any second now and if we start walking now, with our luck it will probably pull up as soon as we leave. So we decide to ask the the bellman/valet guy if it is usually this late? He tells us that it actually came 5-10 minutes early and already left! Bottom line is, if it arrives early, it should wait and not leave until it's scheduled time - especially since it doesn't run continuously and the next pickup time is an hour or more later. That's just common sense and good service. So we ended up walking over - after wasting about 20 minutes for no reason.

The atrium is huge and very nice. They have a couple of lounges and a restaurant that looked goood, but we didn't try any of them (obviously being right off I-Drive you have lots of other choices nearby). They also have a Starbucks in the lobby and an ice cream stand. Would have liked to seen them stay open later, though so we could have visited them. The best part of this property was the pool area. Beautiful, large main pool with lots of chairs and loungers around. Also, the water slide area was big hit with the kids - just wish it was adjacent to the main pool instead of separated the way it is. Although that may be by design to keep it a little quieter for the adults/business travelers around the main pool. The snack bar out by the pool had some good very good food as well. They also had some scheduled activities for the kids like cookie decorating and movie nights, but they way our schedule worked out, we didn't take advantage of any them.

As others have mentioned, the extra fees are annoying. I'd rather they add $10 a night to my room charge and include free WiFi throughout the property and not just in the atrium. Also, the parking fee is a little gratuitous. I understand if it was free, people going to Seaworld would park there and walk over. But if you're a guest of the hotel, you shouldn't be charged to park. You need to swipe your room key card to get in and out of the lot, so it can obviously recognize you as a hotel guest and not someone just going to SW for the day. So that fee is totally unnecessary.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on a lower floor with an interior balacony over the atrium, you may be able to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to know that you enjoyed the pool and the activities. We regret, however, that the shuttle service did not meet your expectations, and we will work on improving in this area. We hope to see you and your family again.

Been to Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!