“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STAY - every single time!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #48 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, FL
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STAY - every single time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have stayed three times over the last couple of years at this lovely, gracious, home away from home! My best friend has gotten amazing deals through Marriott and Triple A, and we have also received special rates for me being a teacher. The rooms are very spacious, we often are able o get a great upgrade, and they have so many amenities. We walked to Sea World, or could have taken a shuttle from the hotel. We got passes worth $20 for free from the hotel to "fast pass" us to the front of the most popular rides. You are greeted with free champagne, and the restaurants in the hotel are wonderful. There is a Starbucks and an ice cream shop in the HUGE lobby. Hotel guests can park for free, and if you have a Hybrid vehicle, you can valet for free. Every single staff person is gracious & helpful. We enjoyed the outside fire pits last year when it was chilly. One of my fab places I have ever stayed & we will be back. Oh - beds SUPER comfy!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a room with Sea World view - some of them even have balconies!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RenaissanceGuestSvcs, Manager at Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. Looks like your overall experience was great and we are excited for you. Please come back home soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Greek first
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The entrance to this hotel is quite impressive with the huge video displays in the center bar. Once you get to the room it goes downhill. The rooms are quite large although they dated. The furniture and bath looks 1970s. The bed is average - too soft for me and broken down on the sides. Water pressure in the bath is too low. Wi-fi is not free and it is a bit pricey. Parking is also not included and expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate that you posted a review! We are happy to know you enjoyed the atrium area. However, we regret that the rooms were not up to your standard, and we will address it with our Engineering Department. Our prices for self parking and Wi-Fi in the room are in line with other resorts in the area, however, we understand that internet connectivity is very important for our guests, and we offer the option to use it complimentary in the lobby area.
Ipswich, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked with a AAA rate from Friday after Thanksgiving for 3 nights. The rate was $132/night per room (we got two connecting rooms) which included a $30/night resort credit and a deal where the kids ate free with paying adults. The past few times we have gone to Orlando we have stayed at Disney or Universal and this hotel experience, as well as the park experience we had at Seaworld and also Legoland was far superior, both in terms of relaxing enjoyment as well as room quality and price.

We had two connecting rooms facing the atrium on the 9th floor. The atrium is really something to see, and despite the fact that I thought I wanted a room overlooking Seaworld, we were very happy with the atrium view. If you face Seaworld, you really are overlooking a large parking lot that separates the hotel from the park. The only reason to stay there is to see the fireworks at night, which we weren't interested in. The rooms are very large with spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds. They are not entirely up to date but by the same token I would not call them dated. The only real complaint I had about them was that they were hot. I had the A/C set to 67 and there is no way it was even close to that in the room at night. I had the kids' room on 71 or 72 and there was little or no difference in temperature between the two. Other reviewers suggest that the A/C is on a motion so that at night it shuts off and that is a plausible explanation. I find that to be a really terrible thing for a hotel to do as it disrupts sleep and that is the most important thing about the hotel room. As comfortable as the bed was, and as quiet as the room was, I didn't sleep well at all because I was so hot.

The breakfast buffet at Tradewinds was excellent. It was $21/adult but extremely high quality and fresh. I loved the made to order waffles and fresh juicing station. Everything was replenished quickly and it was very clean.

We used Kids Night Out while we went to the sushi bar and the sports bar in the hotel one night. (They are a good service albeit super expensive). The food at this hotel is shockingly good. The sushi was fresh and well presented. The sports bar has a double cut organic pork chop which was the best pork chop I ever had in my life. So much so that our last night there we got it again. And I normally do not order pork in a restaurant.

We did get the Quick Queue passes for Sea world--glad we didn't pay for them extra though, because the one place we used them was the Polar Express ride and we waited twice as long as the regular line. The other folks we saw waiting with us said it wasn't working for them either. Granted we weren't using it for Manta and Kraken which could make it worth it for people.

I would have liked to use the pool as it looked great but it was so cold while we were there that it wasn't an option. I had planned on using the fitness center but could not feel my legs after touring the parks all day. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: quiet room on high floor facing atrium
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to review our resort. We are very happy to hear your experience with the restaurants was excellent, and you savored our specialties. We definitely regret that you encountered issues with the A/C unit and we will address this with our Engineering department immediately. We hope you will come back soon to try our pool when the weather gets a little bit warmer. Thank you once again.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We arrived to the Renaissance at SeaWorld on Thanksgiving day and happened to be the same day as my girlfriends Birthday. I had spoke with a Conciege Desiree Banton to have a cake made and delivered to the room before we arrived as a suprise. It could not have worked out better. When we arrived at the hotel for check-in we decided to change rooms so that we have adjoining rooms with the grandparents who traveled with us. The whole time I was thinking this will make it impossible for Desiree to have the cake in the correct room at the correct time. However, just before we got to our room a gentlemen had just delivered the cake and wine. He ducked out just in time for us to surprise her. Not sure how she coordinated all of that with a room change at the last minute but it worked perfectly.

We had an excllent visit and found all the staff friendly and helpful for the 10 days we stayed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comment. We appreciate that you chose to celebrate with us, and that you spent a whopping ten days with us! Birthdays are such special occasions, and we understand how important all the details and thoughtful preparations are. We are happy that Desiree was able to contribute to the experience with this great surprise! Thank you again.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel is very lovely and visually pleasing from the moment you walk in. I live in Miami and wanted to get away for a few days as I had just buried my mother just a week and a half ago. It was visually obvious that I was still very distraught and edgy. When it was our turn to check Mr. Rafael Lebron noticed my facial expression and and continued to inquire about my mood and what could he do to make our stay there enjoyable. I finally revealed that my mother just passed away (in virtual tears), he upgraded us to a beautiful room and gave us a bottle of champaign. He also gave us his personal cell number and stated we should call him if anything was unsatisfactory. Although, his compassion could not relieve my pain, his concern was so very appreciated. We spent three days and had a really nice time and I was glad we selected this hotel. I've stayed in many hotels, but I can truly say, I felt really that I was more than just another hotel guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are deeply sorry to hear you are going through this most difficult time. We thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for the very kind words about our hotel and especially about Rafael. I will definitely share this note with him and I know he will be very appreciative. We hope to see you and your family again.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The location is perfect, a short walk across street to seaworld. Beautiful hotel, excellent staff
especially front desk supervisor Fernanda. We took an upgrade on our room to watch fireworks from Seaworld as a suggestion from the front desk. We returned to our room later to find a bottle of champagne and a hand written note from Fernanda to enjoy the fireworks. Thought this was an exceptional after thought, made the evening very special. Would return there even if not visiting Seaworld.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! I cannot wait to share your comment with Fernanda - she will be so pleased to know your evening was special with the champagne and fireworks. Thanks again.
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loving aquariums; the large flat screen tvs with the virtual experience added color and peacefulness to the lobby. Because I had work in the area; I stayed for 5 nights and was grateful for the cleanliness, friendliness of the staff, and the relaxation experienced by the pool. The rooms provided a retreat from hectic days. The location to Whole Foods, and other non toursist restaurants added to the convenience and ability to stay nourished. The food was not great but okay. That after being out daily and wanting home comfort for a late night meal; the room service staff offered a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with hot chocolate as I requested. I expected to pay for this, however; my one complaint is that; it would have been easy enough for the kitchen to deliver real hot cocoa rather than packaged instant and fresh bread for the pb&j at 19.00. Othe than that, I am going back next week and hope to have the same room I had...

Room Tip: ask for a high room over looking Sea World
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad you had a great experience at the resort, specially the friendliness of our team and the cleanliness to the rooms. We also appreciate your feedback about In Room Dining and we will make sure it is addressed with the department’s senior leadership. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you next week.

Been to Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!