We booked with a AAA rate from Friday after Thanksgiving for 3 nights. The rate was $132/night per room (we got two connecting rooms) which included a $30/night resort credit and a deal where the kids ate free with paying adults. The past few times we have gone to Orlando we have stayed at Disney or Universal and this hotel experience, as well as the park experience we had at Seaworld and also Legoland was far superior, both in terms of relaxing enjoyment as well as room quality and price.
We had two connecting rooms facing the atrium on the 9th floor. The atrium is really something to see, and despite the fact that I thought I wanted a room overlooking Seaworld, we were very happy with the atrium view. If you face Seaworld, you really are overlooking a large parking lot that separates the hotel from the park. The only reason to stay there is to see the fireworks at night, which we weren't interested in. The rooms are very large with spacious bathrooms and comfortable beds. They are not entirely up to date but by the same token I would not call them dated. The only real complaint I had about them was that they were hot. I had the A/C set to 67 and there is no way it was even close to that in the room at night. I had the kids' room on 71 or 72 and there was little or no difference in temperature between the two. Other reviewers suggest that the A/C is on a motion so that at night it shuts off and that is a plausible explanation. I find that to be a really terrible thing for a hotel to do as it disrupts sleep and that is the most important thing about the hotel room. As comfortable as the bed was, and as quiet as the room was, I didn't sleep well at all because I was so hot.
The breakfast buffet at Tradewinds was excellent. It was $21/adult but extremely high quality and fresh. I loved the made to order waffles and fresh juicing station. Everything was replenished quickly and it was very clean.
We used Kids Night Out while we went to the sushi bar and the sports bar in the hotel one night. (They are a good service albeit super expensive). The food at this hotel is shockingly good. The sushi was fresh and well presented. The sports bar has a double cut organic pork chop which was the best pork chop I ever had in my life. So much so that our last night there we got it again. And I normally do not order pork in a restaurant.
We did get the Quick Queue passes for Sea world--glad we didn't pay for them extra though, because the one place we used them was the Polar Express ride and we waited twice as long as the regular line. The other folks we saw waiting with us said it wasn't working for them either. Granted we weren't using it for Manta and Kraken which could make it worth it for people.
I would have liked to use the pool as it looked great but it was so cold while we were there that it wasn't an option. I had planned on using the fitness center but could not feel my legs after touring the parks all day. Maybe next time.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Orlando Resort At Seaworld Hotel
- Renaissance Orlando Resort At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Hotel
- Renaissance Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Resort
- Orlando Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Orlando
- Renaissance Orlando Resort Seaworld
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive in and discover your perfect Orlando vacation at Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld. Welcomed with complimentary champagne or sparkling cider, you’re the king of the sea when you stay at the Renaissance. Among the largest guest rooms in the area, choose a room with one king bed and sofabed or a room with two queen-sized beds. All include a 32-inch plasma TV and oversized bathrooms with double sink vanities topped with Aveda shower products. Conveniently located to three awesome theme parks, the Renaissance also offers additional coolness for every guest. Health nuts: enjoy the workout facility, accented with personal flat screens on your treadmill of choice. Caffeine-aholics: there’s a REAL, full-sized Starbucks located lobby level. Dining options include Mist Sushi & Spirits serving sushi and handcrafted cocktails; Tradewinds Restaurant serving American comfort food; Palms Pool Bar & Grill which offers free WIFI and casual dining in a relaxing setting and Boardwalk Sport Bar, the perfect place to unwind and enjoy refreshing beverages, imported and domestic beers and light snacks. Competitive siblings: duke it out in a mean game of Foosball or Ping Pong. Luxury-seekers: indulge in the lavish Neu Lotus spa. Catch a wave of family adventure as you splash the day away with the kids in the on-site water park, R Aqua Zone, complete with a thrilling 120-foot water slide, water jets, a rain tree, and more. Papa Penguins and Mommy-mermaids glide in the signature pool or bask in the sun loungers. As night falls, cozy up at one of the fire pits and let your day melt away. Provide your family with the resort that has all the right touches for an exquisitely fun experience. It’s all here. Take the plunge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.