“Small and challenged” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Small and challenged”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenage childern) stayed from one night before flying out the next morning. This was the end of our week long vacation to the many theme parks in the area.

While we found this hotel to be adequate it did not live up to our expectations for a Renaissance. First, the rooms are extremely small. With 2 queen beds the bed nearest the window was pushed up to the curtains with no room to walk along-side the bed. In all honesty this would have been a small room with a king bed in it let alone two queen beds.

We arrived later in the evening and after turning in our rental car caught the shuttle to the hotel. Not only did we have to wait 30 minutes the shuttle stopped at two other hotels even though it is marked as a Renaissance shuttle. A little frustrating for a hotel property to not have the shuttle service down better. The service in the morning was running closer to on schedule and took us directly to the airport.

We did order room service for dinner and the food was good, hot and plentiful.

There are a lot of hotels near the airport that may warrant a look.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We appreciate your posted review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that your in-room dining experience was excellent and that our airport shuttle departure trip went off as you expected. I have shared your review with our team as it relates to the other issues you noted as below your expectations. The entire team at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel is dedicated to providing excellent service so we apologize again and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Orlando again.

Jim Berkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week for a company function.
Pro:
- close to airport
- free airport shuttle
- food is good
- attentive conference room staff

Cons:
- the worst housekeeping staff
- dirty room
- uncomfortable bed
- phone does not work

This is by far the worst hotel that I've ever stayed at. When I first checked into my room, it was pretty good, looks clean and I went to sleep. The next morning when I woke up to brush my teeth I was shocked to see the sink turned into black color. Seemed like the drain backed up. As I'm in a hurry I just cleaned it up a bit and went out. When I got back at 6pm, my room was not yet cleaned. The sink was worst than i left it in the morning. It now even had tea leaves on it so I am sure the drain backed up pretty bad. I called the front desk to complain and was told they will get someone to clean it up and make my room. An hour passed no one came, I went to the front desk to complain and was assured someone will be there. Someone came only after 30 minutes to fix the drain. Called the front desk again for the housekeeping staff to clean the room, and again assured that housekeeping will be coming. Waited 2 more hours before someone came to clean the room with a bad attitude.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. It seems that although many features of our property met your expectations there were some conditions you were unhappy with. The entire team at the Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel is dedicated to providing excellent service and an impeccable guestroom thus it is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in some ways during your stay. Knowing the room number you stayed in would be tremendously valuable to help us understand which date and room this happened in. If there is a possible way for you to email me at jberkley@jhmhotels.com with the room number and date that would be so much appreciated. We apologize again and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Orlando again.

Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice rooms, had a pack and play ready to go for my daughter when we got there. Because of my status we got a free breakfast the next morning which was not just your average breakfast it was a very nice buffet.
Had a shuttle to and from MCO (we were going on a cruise so this was very useful to us). The only reason I gave 4 and not 5 starts because the shuttle when we arrived at night took quite a while to get there. It may have been something about it being 11PM but still figured it would be faster, took over 45 minutes.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thanks very much for the delightful review of our hotel. Very nice to hear that our breakfast buffet and our great location worked well for you and your family. We do apologize for the noted length of time waiting for the airport shuttle. It can get very congested at the Orlando Airport especially in the late evenings however the 45 minute wait you have noted is indeed out of the ordinary. We will do better for you next time on that service and we do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed three nights as part of an onsite business meeting. The staff was very friendly--providing nearby dining recommendations and prompt assistance with Internet connectivity issues. The boardrooms were spacious, the provided lunch was quite nice, and the service was attentive. The lobby bar had a great happy hour as well. My room was in good repair and unlike some hotels I've stayed in recently, the AC actually cooled the room. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for short business trips--it's proximity to the airport make it a great choice. However, if you're interested in seeing theme parks or downtown Orlando, you will want to stay closer to the action. Cab fare downtown was in the $30 range.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay with us at Renaissance Orlando Airport. We are delighted our staff and hotel facility provided a memorable guest and meeting experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Our entire hotel service team enjoys seeing these type of reviews and I've shared your comments with our whole staff.

Moline, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had a king bed room which was spacious and clean. The bathroom was good size and relatively new. (I had to put both the shower liner AND curtain inside the tub to prevent serious leakage, but what the heck - live and learn!) The room was decorated in the new business style with sleek cabinetry, good TV and desk. To be sure, this was not a room in need of updating or new styling, but it wasn't brand new. Everything in the room worked well, including the a/c which can be critical in Florida.
Check-in was smooth, although I later found they did not have my rewards number when I inquiried as to why I was not upgraded. I don't know where that miss originated (possibly with the travel agent). Dinner recommendation for a nice seafood restaurant from the front desk turned out to be a fried seafood type of bar/grill, much less than we were seeking, but I didn't see a concierge when looking for a recommendation.
The shuttle from the airport was very easy after calling for directions from the hotel operator.
There are a ton of hotels in the immediate area, but would stay here again if planning another trip.

Room Tip: There are no views so don't worry about it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We appreciate the terrific comments you have posted about your recent stay with Renaissance Orlando Airport. Our team thrives off this kind of feedback and we are very pleased that our hotel met your expectations. Hope to have you as a return guest again soon!

Thanks so Much!

Inman, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last three or four years. It is a nice facility, and the staff is very friendly. I noticed the room furnishings are starting to show some wear and the bedding is not as comfortable as it used to be. I enjoy staying here and hope it is time to replace the bedding.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jim B, General Manager at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
First off, much appreciated that you are a multiple return guest with us!! Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts about your stay with us at the Renaissance Orlando Airport. We sincerely appreciate the nice comments about our hotel and your perspectives of the noted items and knowing this we can work on improving this area in the future. Thanks again for choosing us and we will see you on your next journey!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

By far the best hotel in the area! Location, decor and service are fantastic. Getting to the hotel from the airport is fast and easy. our room was large, clean and the tv was real hd not like some others that are poor conversions. All the staff were genuine and helpful with local recommendations. The restaurant and bar were great. Don't miss the bread pudding a perfect ending to the day for me.

• Stayed January 2013
Our appreciation to you for your selection of Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel and your kind and upbeat review of our hotel during your recent visit to Orlando. We are simply delighted you had such a pleasant stay and I have shared your comments with all of our team. Your review has made our day!! Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back soon!

And yes, our Chef prepared scratch made Bread Pudding, a secret local receipe of our wonderful Chef Roger, is a big hit with everyone and glad it became a discovery of your while here as our guest!

Jim Berkley

Been to Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!