“Updated hotel but poor water management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 South Ivanhoe Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32804 (Formerly Sonesta Hotel Orlando Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
December Rates from $89
Ranked #201 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Updated hotel but poor water management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree last week. The interior had been updated and the staff was friendly but the walls were very thin and the hot water took 15 minutes to come in. The front desk explained that "the water had to come from the bottom floors" so just let it run for about 10 minutes for the hot water to arrive." In this age of water conservation, I thought it was an grotesque waste of water. I agree with an earlier review that the trains are noisy as well. Room service was very friendly and the food was good. Not a good location for walking to restaurants but there is a shuttle available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the area. We appreciate that you have shared your thoughts with regarding your experience and we sincerely regret the delay you encountered with the hot water. All guest feedback is taken seriously and we will share your review with our team. One day we hope to welcome you back and exceed all your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I are staying at the DoubleTree in Orlando for a Cru conference. We have been here for roughly 8 days and we have been incredibly impressed by the over all level of customer service. The staff are very quick to answer questions, etc., but the most meaningful thing was that after learning it was my birthday, a kind man named Elias brought me a birthday cake from the Double Tree kitchen and served it at our staff luncheon on Saturday, along with prompting our group to sing for me. It was a very thoughtful gesture and my wife and I were very impressed. I wanted to offer a big thanks to the Double Tree for hiring such kind and attentive staff like Elias and his coworkers. Thanks much :)

Room Tip: The tower is very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DTOrlandoDowntown, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Happy birthday! We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a lovely review. Providing an exceptional level of service is always our goal so that our guests can experience the best stay possible while at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. We are so glad that you and your wife have enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for your many kind comments; we hope to welcome you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The only complaint I had was the Trains that run throughout the day and night. I would like to have known that prior to reserving my room. Because everything else was top notch I was not so upset. Get staff,location and comfort. I wish I could have applied my points towards my rewards but the fact I went through Price line I was not able to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. We truly appreciate your praise for our hotel and staff however, we are sorry that you were unaware of our proximity to the trains and hope that the impact on your visit was minimal. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
New Albany, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Today I came back to the hotel after working nearly 13 hours expecting the normal housekeeping experience but I received so much more. I had been leaving all my personal items a mess from being exhausted and nothing had been touched....before today. My face wash moisturizer and other things left on the counter were organized and placed in an almost artistic manner. My shoes were lined up and in order just waiting for me to slip into them. The remote was left on the bed just like I had been leaving it after falling asleep every night. Everything was PERFECT and it felt good coming in to this experience after a long long day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
It is always such a treat to hear from our guests and learn about their experience at our hotel. We are delighted that you had such a great stay and we appreciate your praise for our housekeeping staff. The next time you are in the area we hope that you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.
Clermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Thank you to the staff of the DoubleTree, Downtown Orlando! You were very hospitable in allowing use to see a couple of rooms before we checked in. We enjoyed our stay and the room had an amazing view! Loved the blackout curtains! We enjoyed the starbucks in the hotel. Will stay Again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Orlando, FL, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live in Orlando, and my house was being tented for termites for two days, so I had to get a hotel. I used Priceline to put in a bid and got this hotel for $60, but with their "fees," I paid $77 a night total, still an amazing price for an AMAZING hotel. I am an Honors member, so I was on the 5th floor. The hotel is impeccable, the staff are so nice, and the room was GREAT. I travel a lot (A WHOLE LOT), and this hotel room was excellent. The bed .... well, I just didn't want to get up on either morning. It's that comfortable.

The only negative -- in my opinion -- is the parking. There is very limited street parking, so you most probably have to use the hotel parking, which is $18 a day. If we were at Disney, etc., I would expect this kind of parking situation, but this is downtown Orlando. I suggest parking in the garage the first day, and then hunt for street parking in the streets surrounding the hotel. It's a safe area, and it's just a question finding a spot.

What to do here? You are very near Winter Park. VERY. So visit the Morse Tiffany Glass Museum, walk along Park Avenue and the local shops, or take the Winter Park boat tour (one hour -- one of my favorite "hidden" things about Orlando). These are all about 10 minutes max from the hotel by car.

Room Tip: I live in downtown Orlando, only about 3 miles away, so the train that passes by this hotel is the s...
Green Features: It's the usual "just hang your towel up on the shower rack if you plan to use it again," etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We truly appreciate that you have let everyone know about your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. It brings us great pleasure to find out that we provided you with a comfortable bed, a great guest room, and the friendly service to make your stay with us enjoyable. Thank you so much for your comments and for sharing your suggestions with everyone. We hope that one day we can welcome you back.
Tallahassee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Excellent experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The Hilton Honors perks were well explained and easily accessed. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the Orlando area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation of the DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown. When a guest conveys that they had an excellent experience it is exactly what we love to hear. We are thrilled that we could provide you with the accommodations and service to make your visit with us great. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown? Share your experiences!