“Tis a mistake” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #308 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Santa Fe
“Tis a mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My first impression is not a good one. Keep in mind, it is a 40 dollar a night motel. Early check in cost 25.00 even though the place was virtually unoccupied. I had to return to the front desk three times before the key card was programmed. I thought I had stayed here 6 years ago, I don't remember it being this dour.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Internet price of $35 per night in Orlando....says it all. Where else can u sleep 4 for so little?Yes, there were many issues: exit doors that don't open, only ice machine that works is on the 4th floor, door keys fails multiple times during ur visit, elevator falling apart, stairwell and halls poorly lit, musty smell in room, etc....BUT, I would stay here again because I knew what I was getting before I got there and I got what I paid for. Want more advise? Read on....If u go here, insist on a first floor room near the lobby, especially if u are female traveling alone due to the poorly lit halls; also, having a non-functioning exit door on an upper level is not safe (THUS THE 4 STARS). The staff will try to help u if u don't get an attitude about the many things that will go wrong. Don't leave any valuables in ur room, period. There is ample parking. There are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. Definitely check out the YMCA directly behind the hotel, they have a pool. Have low expectations and u won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014
Markyate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

A few reasons... Wires hanging out of the walls by the lifts, dirty bed linen, broken bed, safe not working, dirty swimming pool area, awful breakfast served from a hotel room-you have to sit on a wall outside to eat this.
Hotel looks like a hotel from the 1960's that has had no work done on it since it was built. Do NOT be fooled by the official photographs-they are of the reception are that looks great. The actual hotel is like a communist block or 1960's block of council flats. Stay away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel always when we going to Orlando, We live in Jacksonville Fl,We always have a nice room and the front desk people they very nice and courteous, it is close to Universal and all the attractions and the price for the room is very reasonable, The last time we staying there was the Jan 11 2014....and we looking forwarder to go back again....F.Sanchez ..Jacksonville FL

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Orlando and I would have to say that I got what I paid for, it was cheap so I was not expecting the best. It was a low price, in a great location, and I had some where to sleep at night. I was pleased with the hotel and the only problems that we had was the carpet was very dirty which made me sick, especially when my kids socks were completely black from it, this is what turned me off, and I will never stay again. The other problem we had was our room key never worked and we had to keep going down to the office and get new ones, that was a bit frustrating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wuppertal, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This location is ok if you're looking for something cheap. Its close ti I-4 and the Florida Turnpinek in the east. My opinion about the hotel is very torn - the meaning about the room is totally different to the meaning about the hotel. Lets start with the hotel: Awful! The service is not really good, some staff doesn't really listen to your problems. Most corridors are dirty as hell, most machines for drinks or food don't work and there are less markets around. When I booked the hotel, it told me the total cost including taxes. Wen I arrived, I had to pay a lot more because the woman didn't believe me and told me that the price was without tax. But there are also positive things like many parking lots, tennis playgrounds and a gym nearby that belongs to YMCA but you still have access to there. About 100 meters east there's a bus stop.
Now the room: Our room was ok. It wasn't dirty, we had lots of space. Bathroom was ok, sleeping quality was good, room service was ok.
However, this hotel won't ever see me again. Each single YMCA is so much better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Don't go to this hotel. The building is very old and dirty, it has mold in the outside. The room's carpet is dirty and stained, the towels and the bed sheets have stains and ringworms (tinea corporis). They charge you $5 fee everyday for stupid stuff that are free anyways (YMCA). The staff is horrendous, we had specified the staff weeks earlier to assigned us for a room in the first floor and the never did that for us even when we went to the front desk a couple of times and the staff said the room was guaranteed, they never had any room separated. Would not recommend ever.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we have failed to meet your expectation. For that we sincerely apologize. The housekeeping staff and the engineering dept are looking into this situation. . With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!

Been to Orlando Metropolitan Resort? Share your experiences!