“If you need sty for less money..” 3 of 5 stars

Orlando Metropolitan Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8444 Austrian Court, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #307 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Wuppertal, Germany
“If you need sty for less money..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This location is ok if you're looking for something cheap. Its close ti I-4 and the Florida Turnpinek in the east. My opinion about the hotel is very torn - the meaning about the room is totally different to the meaning about the hotel. Lets start with the hotel: Awful! The service is not really good, some staff doesn't really listen to your problems. Most corridors are dirty as hell, most machines for drinks or food don't work and there are less markets around. When I booked the hotel, it told me the total cost including taxes. Wen I arrived, I had to pay a lot more because the woman didn't believe me and told me that the price was without tax. But there are also positive things like many parking lots, tennis playgrounds and a gym nearby that belongs to YMCA but you still have access to there. About 100 meters east there's a bus stop.
Now the room: Our room was ok. It wasn't dirty, we had lots of space. Bathroom was ok, sleeping quality was good, room service was ok.
However, this hotel won't ever see me again. Each single YMCA is so much better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

882 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Don't go to this hotel. The building is very old and dirty, it has mold in the outside. The room's carpet is dirty and stained, the towels and the bed sheets have stains and ringworms (tinea corporis). They charge you $5 fee everyday for stupid stuff that are free anyways (YMCA). The staff is horrendous, we had specified the staff weeks earlier to assigned us for a room in the first floor and the never did that for us even when we went to the front desk a couple of times and the staff said the room was guaranteed, they never had any room separated. Would not recommend ever.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we have failed to meet your expectation. For that we sincerely apologize. The housekeeping staff and the engineering dept are looking into this situation. . With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We got locked several times out of the room... but because of the breakfast and shuttle bus to disneys and universal studios, it made us feel better. Also, it is hard to find a type of room for that price in Orlando.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort . We appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we have failed to meet your expectations. For these items, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We drove to hotel in morning of our stay and was rudely advised we could not check in until after 4pm. After checking in at 10 pm when we got back from Sea World I see why they check in so late in the day, so tired people would not want to complain about room. When I told the afternoon office rep about the rude girl earlier in day I was advised they new about her but she did her job and would not get reprimanded. I have stayed in Orlando Resorts every year this is the first one that told us 4 pm for check in. The write up for the "resort" shows a small kitchen, not even a hot plate was there. the bottom of the bathroom door was full of holes and damage. The vanity faucet had a broken hot water handle with sharp edges. When you use the vanity sink the water did not drain. I went for coffee in the morning and the key to get in the room did not work. I was told I must have put it near me phone, but I did not. The building is so old my son thought we might get stuck in elevator because it made a loud noise when it closed and jerked when it stopped on the floor. The ice maker did not work, the remote for the TV did not work. The safe did not have a key and when asked they said previous guest kept hem. This should NOT be considered a "Resort" but a DUMP

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Resort. As part of the whole management team esp the front desk dept,engineering dept and housekeeping dept , we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and letting us know we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My daughter came back to find her lock on the last night of the stay had been re-keyed. Upon inquiring with the front desk and getting new cards, they said that housekeeping must have changed it themselves because it shows that housekeeping reported my daughter's room checked out a day early. Mind you - all luggage, personal effects, baby items, toiletries, etc were still in the room, out in plain site - not packed in any way. Upon entering the room, my daughter noticed her tablet computer was stolen while they were away. Reporting the incident to the front desk, they advised to call the police and that matter-of-factly "their employees don't steal" and they can't do anything about it. The police came out, and while taking the report, commented this is not their first time out here for this exact situation - it is a routine problem at this hotel. My issue - aside from the stolen tablet, of course - is WHY does housekeeping have the ability to rekey a room??? This is security 101 and only management and front-desk (for guests after checking ID) should have this ability! Buyer beware. If the hotel wants to discuss - I'm available. If you want to verify this post - contact the Orange County Sheriff's Department. If you value your stuff, stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Resort. We are so sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had when visiting us. We are working with our facilities teams and address the situation. The hotel does have security, but this was a mishap and out of our control with this situation as we are working with the local police dept and hope to resolve this .We value your feedback and we are working harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectation. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!
Woodside, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is my first review I have ever written. This place is nasty. The room was straight out of a third world country. The carpets are filthy and torn. The room smelled awful. Paint was falling off in places and the wall paper was peeling off. I wish I could leave images. There was spots of black mold on the bathroom ceiling. The bathroom door didn't even open or close properly, you needed to force the swing of it due to it rubbing on the floor. The lobby was full of people. Why? Because the rest of the place including inside the room has no service for phones. My MyFi couldn't get service either (you have to pay extra for hotel wifi). If you need to conduct any business while on vacation or staying overnight, Do Not Go here! I needed an extra towel. Went to the front desk and the lady points to a closet and says go help yourself. When I was at the front desk, I seen a clip board with all the complaints and they match everything I'm writing. If I were able to rate this 0 stars I would. They don't even deserve 1.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Tilburg, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was cheap, so what did I expect?
It was old and used, but clean.
The TV didn't work, as didn't the lights in the front of the room
They should do a renovation this winter or it will turn in a hotel with rooms payed per hour...

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the tenniscourt are nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Met_Management_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Orlando Metropolitan Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Resort. As part of the whole management team (engineering dept and housekeeping dept ) , we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and letting us know we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!

Been to Orlando Metropolitan Resort? Share your experiences!