“Hotel very good, but some issues during stay” 4 of 5 stars

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9000 International Dr., Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #83 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Hotel very good, but some issues during stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Hotel in general is good. Rooms are nice, Service is good.

The issue I had was that Internet comes and goes all the time, so if you are on a business trip that is not good.

Also one day there was no hot water in the building.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

3,906 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (861)
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a great hotel for what you need when in Orlando plenty of places to eat right outside, i ride trolley stop outside and shuttle bus's to the theme parks from the reception. This is a very basic hotel though and as a hotel on its own I wouldn't rate it very highly but it is only really for sleeping in and for location and accessibility of everything it is is very good and at the end of the day if your in your hotel much on holiday in Orlando then your in the wrong place for your holiday to start with.

Room Tip: a room facing international drive and not the highway at the back
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire Moorlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Usually stop at the bottom end (quieter) of Interntional Drive but as this means hubby can't drink and drive we decided to try somewhere more central. I was really hesitant at booking in this area having never stopped here before.

Well loved the location, for the days we were in Orlando it proved to be ideal, walking to Sizzlers for breakfast in a morning, and over the road to TGI's or further up the road to Bahama Breeze was ideal.

As for the hotel......not so happy I'm afraid, don't think the room had been cleaned properley when we arrived, sticky marks in various places, don't think the top of the toilet cistern was cleaned at all while we were there (3 days). Hate it when cleaners do the fancy folding of the loo roll but then don't leave a spare one and you have to ring reception to get extra!

The pool areas, we used one at the start of the holiday and once again when we came back to the hotel a week later. Sorry but too noisy and too many people for it to be relaxing, might be nice for one of the pools to be adult only. Would we go back......maybe....great location but only if for a few days, couldn't spend a fortnight there.

As for the traffic noise everyone mentions.....we live on a main road so never noticed it!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I wish I could bad mouth this hotel. But I can't do it. Why would I think about doing it? I've just booked this hotel for the 4th time out of 5 trips to Orlando in the last 5 years. It would have been 5th time out of 5 if I could have gotten a room in 2011 but it was completely sold out. I even travelled in 2011 and visited the hotel in person but alas still no rooms available. Last year and this year I have booked early due to all the postive reviews on here making it more popular than ever.

I previously reviewed this hotel after my first trip and stand by everything I said then even though the scars of staying in another hotel on I-drive in 2011 haven't yet healed!

This is by far the best location on I-drive, Millers Ale House is a must visit but is only one of the many bars and restaurant in the area (not forgetting Dave and the guys n girls in Zebras who do a great job). All the other attractions don't need to be mentioned here. For the Brits, if you stay here I'll be surprised if you don't like it. Just make sure you all book after me........

Room Tip: You can use the Lynx buses to get to Disney, see the Official Visitor centre at 8723 International D...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hyde, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel from the 26th January to the 5th Feb 2013.
My girlfriend had already booked in with some extended family as one of her family was getting married in Orlando. I had decided I wanted to visit Orlando with them so managed to find flights and the hotel for less than £1000 with a small London Travel agent online, despite most places saying it was sold out.

When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a cooled reception area with 2 reception desks. At first it wasn't too clear which desk we needed, but the one on the right is for booking theme park tickets as displayed by all the leaflets etc. So we headed to the desk to the left. We didn't have to wait and were immediately seen to by staff who soon issued us our room cards (2 per room which was handy) and sent us on our way.
We walked past the Zebra bar and down the fan-cooled corridor towards the rear of the reception, passing the small gift shop and starbucks on the left, and the dining room on the right. We exited the double doors to find a pool in front of us, also a block of rooms on the opposite side of the pool and a block of rooms to our right.
We were in the block to the right so made our way to the lift/staircase.

The lift was rather slow and at any floor above the ground floor (or as the USA call it first floor) there is no indication outside the lift as to what floor it's on. So when you press the call lift button at any floor above ground floor, you have no indication of how long you'll have to wait. I used the stairs most of the week, only opting for the lift when I had large bags to carry.
Once we left the lift on the fifth floor, we found our room (1507) to the right, looking out of the hotel to the North. As we went to open our room we heard a loud helicopter landing behind us. Unfortunately, not very far from the hotel to the North is a helicopter tour landing pad. This sounds terrible, but they start late in the morning and seem to finish quite early in the evening so it didn't bother us really. I would say it could be quite disturbing to anyone trying to sleep through the day though. A lot of people also seem to complain about the noise from Interstate 4, which is noisy with the door open but once the hotel room door was closed I can’t say I noticed it.

We entered the room to find it very tidy, with 2 double beds neatly made, a large flat screen TV to the left, along with a large wardrobe, large mirror with seat and desk space in front of it. Impressions so far were very good. Wander through the double sliding doors at the far end of the room into the wash room which just had a sink (with a larger mirror above), with a microwave and fridge to the left, with a coffee machine, some paper and plastic cups on top and some very basic coffee making facilities (although no milk!). Turn to the right to find a door into the WC and bath room with a over the bath shower built into the bath and basic shower curtain. All was very clean though and no complaints from either my girlfriend or my fussier self.

We settled in, and unpacked. In the wardrobe was a full length mirror which my girlfriend found handy, and some hangers for clothes (although there were only about 10 and having smart clothes for wedding etc, we could have done with a couple more really). THere were 4 very large drawers under the TV as well as some storage space. Between the beds there is a bedside table with a large lamp on which has two switches on for 2 independant bulbs (so creates a lot of light), storage space underneath (inc. Bible) and a safe also.
To the left of the TV on the desk space with the mirror above there is another large lamp but which only has one bulb. The only other light in the main bedroom is the small light above the window which doesnt light up the far end of the room from the window.

In the sink room there is a wall light above the mirror above the sink, which we found gave an unflattering light while trying to do hair or something so we would tend to sit at the desk in the room. The light in the WC/bathroom is sufficient and bright.

The room has a very large window along the same wall as the door which can let a LOT of light in during the day but even with the net curtains supplied (which don't look great) I was worried about privacy and people being able to see in through such a large window to the items within, so I would tend to leave the curtains closed most of the day, as most guests seemed to also be doing.

In the evening I went to try and charge my phone and some batteries for my camera but only found one wall plug behidn the bed. This was awful to get at and I often found the bed would push the plug out of the socket. It wasn't until the second day that I realised there were 2 sockets on the base of each of the lamps. It just wasn't where I expected a socket to be. The problem then was that the lamp base was too close to the table top to allow for the UK plug adaptors and so I had to put the Bible under the lamp to enable the ground clearance.
There are also two plug sockets in the bathroom next to the built in hair drier, which work but I found many adapters simply fell out of the sockets for some reason.
The plug sockets on the lamps were deffiently the best to use in the end.

I checked the bed before getting in on the first night (just because I'm fussy like that) to find it very clean inside so we got into bed. It was very comfy and I was very impressed. No painful broken springs or anything even if the mattress did sag on each side slightly, it wasn't in anyway uncomfy. This gave us many nights of good sleep. Very impressive.

The bathroom always had hot water, yet the cold water isn’t very cold and therefore isn’t too great to drink. I used the shower mostly, while my girlfriend had a bath a couple of times. She had no complaints about either. I would have to complain about the shower for me though as I’m not the tallest guy in the world at a mere 5’9’’, yet when stood upright I was hitting my head on the shower head. This would be awful for a taller person.

The TV in the room was very good quality with about half of the channels being in HD. It did advertise some movie choices but when we selected this option it always said that the service was unavilable. There were a varied selection of TV channels with many sports, news and kids TV to choose from. I was expecting a larger selection of channels from a USA hotel to be honest but we werent in the hotel much anyway so we weren't too bothered. But it does seem that all there is to watch in a morning is the repetative news channels.

On the second day I did notice a couple of small ants on the bed side table as we'd split a little bit of coca-cola on it the night before. I cleaned it up though and never saw them again. One of our friends had swopped room though because of a worse problem on the ground floor, but they said the hotel had no problem with the moving room and soon offered them a cleaner one. It was a very quiet time of year though so don't know how easy it would be to swop room in the height of season.

My only other issue with the room would be that the walls/ceiling/floor are quite thin and some noise can be heard from other rooms, particularly in the middle of the night when it is quiet. There is also a ventilation vent in the WC/bathroom which seems to let a lot of noise in from other rooms. I could hear people using hair driers and coughing in other bathrooms due to this vent in the WC. This was rather annoying.

The rooms are air conditioned with an air conditioning unit under each window. I prefer my room quite cool so used this a lot and found it very good, although a little noisy to leave on every night, I did manage to sleep through it most nights though.

The doors into the rooms all seemed very secure with numerous locks, including the American version of a door chain. There was an eye hole in the door to see through but I found ours to be very clouded and not much use. The safe also seemed very secure and I never had any problems with any items going missing throughout our stay. I made full use of the safe, trusting it enough to leave extra Dollars in there etc throughout our stay, all of which was safe inside the safe.

Cleaning staff would visit every day, and would often start around the 8:30am time. Knowing this, I would place the "do not disturb" sign on the outside of the door if I was going to be in while they were cleaning. I found that we never got disturbed like this and was surprised some days to find they had even come back to do our room later in the afternoon if we'd put this out and they'd gone past our room. The staff were all very friendly, often greeting us with a "Good morning" every morning as we passed them on the corridor/staircase etc.

We never ate in the dining room, as we opted to eat out, however our friends who swopped room were given a complimentary breakfast for their trouble and said it was surprisingly good.
We used both the shops in the hotel lobby. the gift shop with Starbucks is NOT 24 hours and seems to operate a more 9am-5pm basis. The coffee in there was very good though and came in handy as the coffee machine in the room was very difficult to understand and left us confused about how to operate it so we gave up on it. The other shop in the lobby to the left of reception is 24 hour and offers many snacks, drinks and supplies all day. We found this very handy, especially when you want a bottle of cold water in the early hours instead of drinking the luke warm water which comes from the bathroom taps.
The Zerba bar to the right of the Reception was a great place to meet our friends in an evening but drinks were quite pricey. They seemed to have karaoke a couple of times a week which couldn’t be heard in the hotel but was quite noisy in the lobby. They offer a good selection of drinks though with many lovely cocktails and lagers. They also have a pool table and juke box.

Staff in all places were very friendly and staff on the reception desk improved as the week went on. The only time I wasn’t overly impressed was with the staff on reception when I asked them to book me a taxi. They seemed adamant that we had to use their Romanian taxi firm, which the driver could not understand where we wanted to go (we wanted to visit a specific sports bar further North up international drive), so in the end I ended up flagging down a taxi on the main road for us to use instead.

There are lots of car parking spaces for the hotel, as there needs to be seen as there are about 6 blocks of flats of rooms. There are also great transport links on the International Drive right outside the hotel with both Lynx bus and i-trolley stops right outside. There are many places to eat and drink within a short walk from the hotel, as well as a 24 hour supermarket just across the other side of international drive. Only a few mins walk from the hotel rooms.

Conclusion:
Overall this is a great hotel, some of our party weren’t too impressed with it as I think they were expecting a higher class of hotel for a wedding party but it was all on a budget, and for that budget I was very impressed. I had no issues with staying there for the duration of our stay, and longer if we’d been able to. The hotel is in a great location, it’s clean, friendly and had plenty to see and do in the vicinity. I’d defiantly recommend it for anyone looking to visit Orlando and the theme parks etc. Staff are mostly friendly and there’s great transport links to all around Orlando. It isn’t too noisy yet managed to remain in a busy area.

Scores:
Hotel buildings: 6/10 – clean yet old fashioned and rather “motel” looking with corridors on outside.
Rooms: 8/10 – great sizes, a little old fashioned
Cleanliness: 7/10 – only a few ants to complain of but keep sugar away and you’ll never see them.
Staff: 7/10 – most are warm and welcoming, only reception staff let the side down.
Facilities: 9/10 – always open shops and a good bar downstairs are great facilities. Pools seemed clean too.
Location: 10/10 – PERFECT

Overall: 7/10 – a great hotel for a budget stay in Orlando. Great if you’d rather spend your money on your days out than on your hotel. And without sacrificing cleanliness or comfort. A great choice for anyone wishing to stay on International Drive.

Room Tip: One to the back of the hotel in Block D--F would probably be better, away from Highway 4 and the hel...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 weeks in October 2012.

Excellent location, right across the road from Wonderworks (worth a visit), and Pointe Orlando with many bars and restaurants.
Visited the Chinese restaurant just down the road, nice but expensive. Also went to TGI Fridays and Millers ale house across the road which were fabulous - awesome atmosphere in Millers on game night - try the chips loaded with bacon and cheese!

I thought the on site shop was quite expensive, so we took a trip to the Walmart just up the road and bought lots of water and snacks for when we were out at the parks - saved a LOT of money doing it this way. There was a small fridge in the room so chilled a couple of bottles the night before venturing out.

There is an i-ride trolley stop just outside going both directions, and a LYNX bus. Either of these options are amazing for getting around. We opted for the i-ride as our rep sold us the tickets on route from the airport, $18 for a 14 day pass and we used it twice a day minimum.

Cannot comment on the pool as we were there at the end of october, had a couple of breezy days and the rest were filled with theme parks and excursions or shopping (would recommend going to the orlando mall or premium outlets)

Hotel very clean and tidy - loved the on site starbucks, this came in handy every day! Only used the hotel breakfast once, found it to be quite expensive for what it was, considering there is a sizzlers right on the car park practically that does all you can eat buffet for $3. Cannot comment on evening meal prices as we were out and about all the time.

The room itself was great - two very comfortable double beds, iron and board, free safe, tea and coffee making facilities, plenty of storage, bathroom large - the only thing I would comment on is the quality of the shower, not very strong however not a huge issue - still does its job!

If you are without a car, this is a perfect location for getting to the parks still as you have the i-ride trolley. We got a cab back from universal studios one day which cost just over $15 for a 10 minute cab ride. Disney did prove to be a bit of a harder job however we only did this 2 out of 14 days so not so much of an issue.

Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anybody. Looking forward to coming back as a family in a few years.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms seem to be a bit noisier as they face the busy main road, we stayed on the side faci...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a standard Orlando hotel with the basics done very well at an excellent price. Very clean rooms and friendly staff make this hotel a great find. The bathroom could be doing with a little upgrading however did the job.

There is a free shuttle to universal studios, however make sure you make your reservation far enough in advance as they book up quickly.

A down side would have to be the pool area which is quite small compared with other hotel.

Overall would stay here again

Room Tip: Choose higher floors with a room on the same side as reception entrance
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be of good value and we look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando? Share your experiences!