“50/50 hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Buffalo, Minnesota
“50/50 hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was first put in a room that was NOT inside the secure hallway which I could not accept. They did not want to switch but did (I got the distinct feeling that since I purchased via a discounters that's why they ONLY had a few rooms) There was NOTHING in the room that provided anything like hours of operation of pool and restaurants etc. Signage to ice machine and laundry facilities was very poor. I asked at the desk and they referenced something on the side of the TV and said they would check....put never did. As indicated in their signage I rehung my towel for reuse but housekeeping took them anyway. The biggest annoyance was the RESORT FEE that covered internet. The Internet worked poorly when it worked at all so that was certainly not worth the fee.
On a good note. When I locked myself out of my room they came promptly. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet. I had little time and cold ish weather so did not use the pools. Never got to any of the restaurants because I didn't know their hours or where they were. Would have loved breakfast.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

we got the 17:20 hours and did not have available rooms we asked what time would be available and the receptionist said he knew not inform, after calling the local manager he was omitted and ran the front, found the phone and liguri general manager, (Richard Larkin 386-2129295) sent the wizard his resolve, a rush at the hotel and make available an apartment immediately. The hotel is good, more inadimisivel you arrive in the morning and 17:00 not have a room for you and your family, choose a different hotel here do not have professionalism and service sucks.

chegamos as 17:20 horas e nao tinha quartos disponivel, perguntamos que horas estaria disponivel e a recepcionista falou que nao sabia informar, apos chamar o gerente local ele se omitiu e correu da frente, encontrei o telefone do gerente geral e liguri, (Richard Larkin 386-2129295) mandou o assistente dele resolver, uma correria no hotel e disponibilizarao um apartamento imediatamente. O hotel è bom, mais inadimisivel voce chegar pela manha e 17:00 nao ter um quarto para voce e sua familia, escolha um outro hotel, aqui nao tem profissionalismo e è pessimo atendimento.

Stayed December 2014
Washin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was not as presented on the website. I found two roaches in the bathroom and the hotel grounds was not adequate. The lagoon was not crystal blue as they emphasized.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear lawrenceorah,

Thank you for your response. I regret that your stay did not match your expectations. Please know that the photos on our website are real and represent our recently renovated rooms and grounds. Given our tropical climate, some native Florida bugs can make their way into unwanted areas, and we are sorry that this was your experience. At your convenience, please feel free to reach out to us at 407-351-2420. We would love to discuss how our hotel was presented to you, and ensure total accuracy going forward.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Check in took awhile but they moved along pretty quick. Room was nice love the hardwood floor and tile in the rooms it eliminates the musty smell. Had a family over us and they had the kids running and bouncing until about 11 at night. We had an early flight. We had ordered breakfast it showed up on time without silverware. Overall not a bad experience could have been a bit better.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lovette N,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am pleased your check-in process was quick and you enjoyed your room and breakfast. However, I am sorry to hear that noise from other guests disturbed your rest. My main goal is that our guests experience a tranquil and peaceful ambience. In the future, please contact our ladies and gentleman from our front desk; they will not hesitate on contacting the guest next door who is responsible for disturbing your peace. Should you find yourself in the Orlando area someday, I hope you might choose to stay with us again. Exploring some of our amenities and the grounds may help to make your visit more memorable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed there from 15-22/11/2014 as a visitor of IAAPA event. Everything is ok; Except at 3:40am of 22/12/2014, after a booked wake-up call rang, I called Front desk to assign a bell boy to help me with my baggage in my room.

While waiting, a female receptionist called me back to ask if I booked a taxi. I answered yes. Then, she told me the driver is ready and can come to my room. I believed this was Mears service to pick up me.

Before leaving Wyndham resort, the taxi driver dropped me at the lobby. I told him that I already settled all the bills in the night before and I didn't need to come to resort lobby. But he still did it. Then, the female receptionist was waiting outside and gave me an envelope with settled invoice inside. However, at the same time, the driver hide something in his hand and gave it to her (I bet it's a commission).

On the way to Orlando Int'l Airport, the driver informed me that I had to pay. I was so surprised and showed him the Mears' confirmation that I already paid via internet (pls refer to the pix). He said no, I had to pay. I told him that I didn't call him, the receptionist called him. So, she had to pay for him. She sent me to another car which put me in a dangerous situation.

Then he locked the car doors and didn't let me go out if he didn't receive money. I wished I could call 911 for help but my cell phone wasn't activated. It's so rude and no human sense.

Outside was cold, dark and deserted. Can anyone imagine how was I at that moment?.
My contact for further clarification: hongcamtu@yahoo.com.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Tu L,

I am incredibly concerned to hear of the situation you have described. We will thoroughly investigate this matter at the resort along with contacting Mears transportation. If you can, please call me at your earliest convenience at 407-351-2420, so I can start to personally gather more information on this incident. I sincerely hope we can begin to restore your trust in our resort.

Piedmont, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My stay at The Wyndham Resort in Orlando was second to none. The property is beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location of the property is perfect for the Theme Parks being only 10 minutes from Universal Studios. The restaurant options are plentiful with national chains and local fare within walking distance. With their own Convention Hall this makes a great place for mixing business with pleasure. I rate this property as A++ or 5 Stars. Thank you Wyndham!

Room Tip: No tip needed...all rooms are great!