“Roach” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Washin
“Roach”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was not as presented on the website. I found two roaches in the bathroom and the hotel grounds was not adequate. The lagoon was not crystal blue as they emphasized.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Check in took awhile but they moved along pretty quick. Room was nice love the hardwood floor and tile in the rooms it eliminates the musty smell. Had a family over us and they had the kids running and bouncing until about 11 at night. We had an early flight. We had ordered breakfast it showed up on time without silverware. Overall not a bad experience could have been a bit better.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed there from 15-22/11/2014 as a visitor of IAAPA event. Everything is ok; Except at 3:40am of 22/12/2014, after a booked wake-up call rang, I called Front desk to assign a bell boy to help me with my baggage in my room.

While waiting, a female receptionist called me back to ask if I booked a taxi. I answered yes. Then, she told me the driver is ready and can come to my room. I believed this was Mears service to pick up me.

Before leaving Wyndham resort, the taxi driver dropped me at the lobby. I told him that I already settled all the bills in the night before and I didn't need to come to resort lobby. But he still did it. Then, the female receptionist was waiting outside and gave me an envelope with settled invoice inside. However, at the same time, the driver hide something in his hand and gave it to her (I bet it's a commission).

On the way to Orlando Int'l Airport, the driver informed me that I had to pay. I was so surprised and showed him the Mears' confirmation that I already paid via internet (pls refer to the pix). He said no, I had to pay. I told him that I didn't call him, the receptionist called him. So, she had to pay for him. She sent me to another car which put me in a dangerous situation.

Then he locked the car doors and didn't let me go out if he didn't receive money. I wished I could call 911 for help but my cell phone wasn't activated. It's so rude and no human sense.

Outside was cold, dark and deserted. Can anyone imagine how was I at that moment?.
My contact for further clarification: hongcamtu@yahoo.com.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Piedmont, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My stay at The Wyndham Resort in Orlando was second to none. The property is beautiful and very well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location of the property is perfect for the Theme Parks being only 10 minutes from Universal Studios. The restaurant options are plentiful with national chains and local fare within walking distance. With their own Convention Hall this makes a great place for mixing business with pleasure. I rate this property as A++ or 5 Stars. Thank you Wyndham!

Room Tip: No tip needed...all rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
WyndhamOrlandoIDrive, General Manager at Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Chuck B,

I appreciate the time you have taken to review your stay. From the location to the accommodations and staff service, it sounds as though you were provided with an excellent stay, and I am delighted to hear it. Thank you for your review, and we hope to accommodate you in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the universal studios area surrounded by lots of places to eat at and close to the park, this is a good choice. The room was nothing special but it's perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear 139anal,

Thank you for recommending our resort as a valuable choice near Universal Studios. Our location on International Drive gives our guests a wide range of entertainment options, and I am pleased you were able to explore some of them during your stay. I regret to hear you did not enjoy your room more. Our staff is more than happy to provide you with any amenities you may have needed, so next time, please do not hesitate to ask contact us! Thank you again for your review, and please keep us in mind if you return to Orlando someday.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Clean, great staff very willing to help make your stay great. Loved the heated pools made for a more enjoyable stay even in chillier weather. Centrally located to access all locations Disneyworld Universal and so many restaurants

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dina P,

Thank you for your kind review. It is wonderful to hear that you still enjoyed the pools despite the recent chill! I am very pleased to know our location and staff service helped to enhance your stay. I appreciate your comments, and hope to have another chance to serve you someday.

Rich Larkin

Been to Wyndham Orlando Resort International Drive? Share your experiences!