“Really like it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Floridian Hotel and Suites

You added The Floridian Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
The Floridian Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7531 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites International Drive)   |
Ranked #205 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Really like it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really like my stay the this hotel, the room where clean, bathroom always which is really important. The like the staff too, the lady was really nice, and when I need a extra things she would handle to me with a smile, which I like Because I knew I wasn't a bother. The only thing I would complain was the shuttle. I hate to complain because it is free but I didn't like that the driver left without even waiting at least a few more minutes. I was told he would pick up at 7:15, which I thought he would wait a few more minutes but when I got their at 7:17. The driver was already gone, so when I called the hotel, they informed me the driver comes ten minutes before and that leaves at exactly at 7:15. Which I didn't know. So pretty much I was strand at universal. And had no extra cash for a taxi, thank goddess my family had their own vehicle to pick me up, so please staff informed your guests this when they ask more info bout the shuttle. Thanks. But overall the hotel was good.

• Stayed July 2013
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Greeting Perla M:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I will pass on to our Housekeeping Department how happy you were with the cleanliness of your room. Comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try a little harder to please all of our guests that stay here.

We are sorry for the confusion over the shuttle service, and we do try to make sure the guest are informed about the time either at check in or by the notice that is posted on top of the front desk.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity of being your place to stay if you ever return to Orlando. Please feel free to contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service.

Randy Bohannan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Floridian Hotel for 1 night on July 4th and we had a good experience at this hotel even if it's just for one night. Initially, there was a confusion with our reservation. As soon as we arrived, Jadder ? (the hotel manager) informed me that I reserved 5 rooms. I told him that there's only 4 in our family and it's impossible that I will reserve 5 rooms. I told him that when I was making reservations online that the hotel's website was acting up. Jadder was so helpful and he straightened everything out. Thank you Jadder for not charging me for all those rooms! The room was perfect for us and my daughter loved the bay window seat in the room. She even opted to sleep there! The bed was so comfortable I did not want to get up the next morning. I highly recommend this hotel! Before I forget, if you need theme park tickets, go talk to Jason (??? I for got his name) in the lobby. He'll hook you up with theme park tickets at good prices. Way better than the tickets we got from the Air force Base Commissary.

Room Tip: Excellent location! Near everything!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello AnnRN72!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your short one night stay with us, and we will share your comments with our staff!

Positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff such as Jadder to try harder to please all of our guests that stay here at our hotel. Jadder indeed is a wonderful team player and truly understands customer service and I am glad he resolved the issue with your reservation.

Please contact us directly if your travels ever return you to the Orlando area, as it would be our pleasure to be of service.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here in April for 9 nights and was really surprised, was slightly hesitant after the reading the negative reviews but this place was great. Great location and easy for anyone that is a first time driver in Orlando, close to the I4 and sand lake road/I drive. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance if you haven't got a car. The hotel did provide a shuttle service to the parks (but didn't use this service) The pool area seemed small but if your just using the hotel as a base this is your place to stay. The buffet breakfast area did seem busy and didn't use this either. McDonalds and I Hop/Dennys are close and would prefer to go to breakfast there anyway.

The rooms were slightly dated but don't let this put you off, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Greetings jetsetter2727:

We are so happy you enjoyed your holiday here at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We will share your comments with our staff and they will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to the opportunity to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service when you are ready to book your next reservation.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Id go for cheap and cheerful with this hotel. Yes our room wasn't to the highest standard of cleanliness, in regards to marks on the walls etc, but it really wasn't a big deal, they would have moved us if we asked as we did inquire about this. At the end of the day going to Florida and being so close to international drive, you really aren't going to be in your hotel much, the housekeeping was done each day, the members of staff were all very friendly and helpful. There is a safe behind desk also. The pool again was cheap and cheerful, was of course clean, kind of small, but descent for having a dip. The buffet was very busy so get there as early as possible, there isn't much seating but you can take food back to your room if you prefer or sit outside. Overall for me and my partner we loved it all, hotel included and Ive been 3 times before, if you want convenience, cheap and a cheerful hotel, its great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello inunreality:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review and we will share it with our staff. They will be glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. Positive comments such as yours only encourage our staff to try a little harder to please all of our guests that stay here.

I see that you were here in August of 2012 and you will be happy to know improvements have been made in our location as all of our rooms have had the bedding replaced, an upgrade has been made to our landscaping, our third upgrade to the wifi now includes more users, the parking lot has been resealed, the building has been painted, the pool deck has been resurfaced and an ADA pool lift has been installed. The lobby was renovated and all breakfast furniture was replaced and the seating area expanded, we added 32 inch televisions, microwaves and mini-fridges to all guest rooms. The pool furniture was replaced with 12 lounge chairs and 6 bistro tables and 18 chairs.

We look forward to having you return to our hotel should ever return to the Orlando area for business or leisure. Please contact us directly as it would be our pleasure to be of service.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We picked this hotel as it looks very nice on the website. It was, in fact, the worst hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff are bordering on rude, the only decent member of staff we met was the lady on housekeeping who was very pleasant to us each morning. The reception staff just ignored us completely. The room was called a Junior Suite - it consisted of two double beds, a unit in between the beds holding a sink and a fridge, which didn't work. The coffee machine leaked, the carpet was dirty, I wore shoes all the time. The bathroom had rusty door frames and pipes. I could go on listing the faults but it would take too long. The cherry on the cake was the enormous cockroach on the centre unit on the second night of our stay. We only stayed 3 nights and if there was anywhere else available, we would have moved after the first night. We will definitely never return here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Una2303:

Thank you taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced here at our property. Please know your feedback had been shared with our front office, housekeeping and maintenance staffs. We will make adjustments as we always strive to provide the best possible service for our guest.

We do use a reputable pest control company who does service the hotel on a monthly basis; and this issue has been brought to their attention.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and to renew your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Salvador, BA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at The Floridian. The location was great, the staff also nice and the price was good too. I could get all my amazon packages delivered with no extra charge or problem. We got a room on the first floor and right next to the back door with led us right to the packing lot, this turned out great the times we came back home late, tired and with a lot of shopping bags.

My only complain is regarding the eating area, it was too small. In the morning, most of the days we didn't even had a place to sit cus there was only a few chairs and tables. Besides that, it was all fine. The room was comfortable, with a closet, two large beds and a desk. I also missed a refrigerator to keep our food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AmyLemos:

I see that you were here in March of 2013 and you will be happy to know that since then we have renovated the lobby, all breakfast furniture was replaced and the seating area was expanded, and we also added 32 inch televisions, microwaves and mini-fridges to all guest rooms.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The pictures are deceiving. The breakfast is misleading. Toast and juice is not breakfast. I had to kill a roach the first night here. The bathroom wall was leaking from upstairs. The pool can probably fit 10-15ppl and not comfortably. You can hear everything through the doors and walls. There's no view of anything. They stomp around and slam doors day and night. They have the nerve to have a hotel fee of 4.99per night as if this place was worth it. You definitely get what u pay for here but for 10.00 more me and my child could have stayed somewhere way way nicer. Won't happen again. Only reason we were here was because everything else was booked up.

• Stayed June 2013
TheFloridianHotel, General Manager at The Floridian Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Dayeash:

Thank you taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you faced here at our hotel. Please know your feedback had been shared with our team and we will make immediate improvements as we always strive to provide the best for all of our guest.

We do use a reputable pest control company who does service the hotel on a monthly basis; and that issue has been brought to their attention. The Continental Breakfast each day has numerous rotating items, and we are sorry it was not up to your expectations.

Randy Bohannan

Been to The Floridian Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!