We went with this hotel because of its' price and it served as an excellent base for the two weeks we recently spent there. It is very well placed, being just off International Drive and within easy reach of all the major attractions by car or bus. The rooms themselves need a little updating; the TV's for example look many years old (they still worked perfectly though) and one of the beds was a little worn out and uncomfortable. The all important air-con worked wonderfully though, and if you're simply using the hotel as a base to do the many activities in the local area, you won't have any problems. Didn't really have breakfast (I find the American idea of a breakfast somewhat unappealing!) so can't comment, but I have to say that the staff in the hotel were its' greatest asset. Firstly, the ticket/information office situated in the lobby is excellent if you want tickets booking for you or anything like that. The guy behind the counter let us know about the free shuttle bus that runs to Busch Gardens - not bad for an hour and a half ride each way - before calling them up and booking us on it. Secondly, the staff who work at the main reception desk were more than helpful. On the last day of our stay we realised an item we'd bought would be too big to take back on the plane. Having asked the staff how much it would cost to post the box home they then spent around half an hour sawing down the packaging to the correct hand-luggage size (and getting white foam absolutely everywhere), finding another box to put it in, and then proceeding to wrap and pack it all up again for us. We were hugely thankful and very impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property is conveniently located one block east of International Drive just minutes from Universal Studios, Sea World, Walt Disney World, Pirates Dinner Adventure, and many other area attractions. We are a 129 room, interior corridor hotel, and our standard rooms feature two queen beds. We also offer our Junior Suites with a two queen sized beds separated by a kitchenette. We are located within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in Orlando and the I-Ride Trolley. Our hotel offers a Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet access. Relax in our lobby with a Complimentary Cup of Coffee available 24 hours a day. We also have an outdoor swimming pool and a lobby computer for your enjoyment. Our friendly and helpful staff will welcome you and assure that you and your family have a wonderful stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Floridian Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Floridian Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn International Drive
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Orlando Baymont Inn