“Lobby bar is awsome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lobby bar is awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Really nice looking girls I love having a drink at the bar I've been coming here for the last 6 years and I can't wait to come out here and I have a cold one when I am tired I love you all thank you thank you thank you you guys are the best Olga and saran

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lewisville, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My sisters (Eagan, MN, and Summit MS) and I (Lewisville, Tx) traveled to Orlando due to a death in the family, and stayed at the MRP from Nov 1 through Nov 4. Although, we were there under sad circumstances, our accommodations were stunning!!!

Alexjandro, Front Desk Representative, was absolutely wonderful!! He was very friendly, professional and courteous throughout the entire process from check in to check out. Most importantly, there was no wait time to get checked in or out. He immediately checked us in, and provided information on the property, and activities taking place for the week. We were very impressed with the property, the interior décor, spaciousness, and the location of the villa.

We stayed in Villa 4355 which was on the first floor. Although, there were construction workers one to two doors down, we were not present during the day and late evening to be distracted by the noise.

As you walk in, there is a large utility room with a washer and dryer, iron/ironing board, a broom, and vacuum cleaner to the left. As you continue, to the right is a full bath and the 2nd guest bedroom. To the left of the room is a spacious kitchen with items you need to make your stay enjoyable, followed by the dining room which was spectacular, and the living room. I absolutely loved the color and the material on the dining room chairs. Exquisite!!! The view from the patio and the master suite was truly AMAZING!! To gaze upon the golf course, a flock of ducks waddling in the pond so close to the villa, and the beautiful water spray each morning was very relaxing.

Convenience is extremely important to me so we visited the Marketplace and picked up a few breakfast items. The young staff member that assisted us was so friendly, helpful and very accommodating. I love that they have this facility on site for their guests!! We were too tired from traveling and preparing for my brother's services to visit Publix or the other food chain.

Much thanks to housekeeping, and to Marc, who didn’t hesitate when I called, to bring fresh clean towels immediately to the villa. Due to an oversight on my part, I discovered after Marc's delivery that there were clean towels underneath the basin. Sorry Marc!!!

I have to commend housekeeping again for cleaning the villa at short notice. Being the timeshare owner, the youngest sibling, and according to my sisters, the one that snores the loudest, I slept on the queen size pull out sofa for a couple of days, which was very comfortable. I only spent one night in the master suite!! Because I suffer from allergies, it meant a lot to me that they could accommodate me so quickly. I actually needed a few more days to decompress from the events of that week, and would have welcomed the additional time at the resort.

I highly recommend this property, and definitely look forward to traveling back under different and happier circumstances. On a scale of 1 to 5, I will rate the MRP a 5 plus!! Thank you, Marriott!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My family just returned from a week long stay at the Marriott Royal Palms. It was my husband, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, my 2 preschool aged children, and myself. We have stayed at MANY timeshare properties in Central Florida and this is my new favorite!

The villa was very large...we never once felt cramped. The front bedroom was maybe a bit small, but it was perfectly serviceable. The en suite bathroom for the front bedroom had a very convenient door arrangement. There was a door from the whole of the suite out into the living area, but there was also a separate door to the bedroom.

The master had a nice king-sized bed with a duvet (which I love...not icky like those polyester bed spreads). There was plenty of room in there for us. There were two nightstands, a large dresser, a comfortable chair, and a writing table/desk. There is also a door out to the screened in porch. Also in the master suite was a very large bathroom with a HUGE jacuzzi tub (we used it to store things we didn't want the kids to get in to), a double sink, a stand up shower, a toilet, and a reasonably large closet. There was a safe inside the closet. The toilet and stand up shower were in a separate room. The bedroom area was carpeted while the bathroom areas had tile floors.

The kitchen was very spacious and very well equipped. It kind of felt like no one else had ever used the stuff. There wasn't a crock pot, but there WAS a toaster, blender, and all the major appliances. They provide enough dishwasher soap that there is no need to bring your own. There were also coffee filters provided.

The laundry room had full size washer and dryer (SOOOO CONVENIENT), and there was just a single use of laundry soap (I think it was Tide).

The living room/dining combo area was great. The dining table has a nice big round table (and the kitchen has a bar area with three seats). The living room had a HUGE and very very comfortable couch and three additional chairs. My kids slept on the pull out couch, and it had to be the biggest and most comfortable sofa bed I have ever encountered. It was king sized, and I think it was memory foam. There was no "bar in the back" on this one. Very very comfortable. However, we never found any bedding for the bed. I am sure they would have sent some up if we had asked, but we never did.

There was also the screened in porch which is always a nice touch. It had a table for 4 on it.

The pool was very large and there were two VERY hot hot tubs. They provided noodles and towels poolside. Very nice. We also went to the pool at the main hotel. Very nice! There was a splash pool for the little ones, and three big slides for the big ones (the slides are not open all the time, so you may want to check those hours if you want to use them).

Last, there was the staff. They were extremely helpful and friendly. We never encountered a frown. When we wanted to go use the pool up at the main hotel they were more than happy to shuttle us there and back...always very quickly. I even wanted to get my haircut and they quickly found a place for me to go close by. Every small and large request was met with an eagerness to meet our needs. When I called to confirm my reservation the week before the manager said, "We can't wait for you to see our service." She was absolutely right! Impeccable service.

I should also say that the location is totally ideal for a Disney vacation.

I would absolutely recommend this property to anyone looking for a quality location, and place with extra space for a whole family.

Room Tip: I called the week before and asked for a villa close to the pool. She did me one better...we were c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My Family decided we needed one of those vacations where you really feel like you were away from it all, Well look no further. Upon arrival the lobby was beautiful, the employee's were friendly, there was lemon and orange water in large dispensers in the lobby. I still remember looking out of the rear glass doors and seeing an amazing pool area which we loved. I would strongly recommend the villa's, they are extremely family friendly, we could have lived there. Stainless steel appliances, private bedroom with Jacuzzi, plenty of room, a wrap around kitchen counter that made meals very close and personal, a table for dinner and a nice size living room. All of this for what we would have paid for a room in the main building. The five of us never complained, private parking, elevator to 2nd floor and a balcony overlooking the golf course. I rarely get this excited over a hotel, but we really enjoyed our stay and would love to go back. Cu do's to the hotel Owners, Management and Staff

Room Tip: If you can get one of the villa's, jump on it. you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The last part of April my wife and I spent 3 weeks at 3 Marriott resorts in Orlando.
This will be an overall review of all three places. Because we were going to be there for longer than a week, we decided to drive down from Ohio so we would have our own car for this vacation.
The wife and I are both seniors and retired. We both love the water and the pool.
Are intentions on this trip were just to go somewhere where it was warm, relaxing, use a pool, and have lots of restaurants to eat out. We also wanted to be centrally located between Tampa and also Daytona Beach so we could make some side trips east and west. In the middle of our first week our grandson 17 and his buddy flew down to visit us for a week as part of his graduation present. The end of the second week we also had our friends visit us who live in Venice, Florida during the winter.
There are 3 different Marriott resorts that surround the Marriott World Center Hotel. All four are entered from World Center drive which is a beautifully landscaped drive that runs along side of the golf course. They are:
1. The Royal Palms
2. The Sable Palms
3. The Imperial Palms
4. The World Center resort and convention center.
We stayed at the first two, the Royal and the Sable. Our third week was spent at the Marriott Grande Vista Resort which is about 5 miles away. The Imperial is right next door to the Royal. Although it has its own small pool, it is very easy to walk over to the Royals pool which is only a few hundred feet away. All amenities are shared among the four resorts like the pools, basketball courts, tennis courts and shuffleboard . The information we were given is that the Imperial resort is all 3 bedroom units.
Each has it own gas barbecue area but are close to each other so both can be used by each of the resorts. I must say these barbecues were kept immaculate. The Imperial may have additional amenities of its own which we did not investigate.

The Royal has its own small mini market where all the essentials can be purchased including wine, and beer, milk and bread. The other two resorts also use this market as their source for essentials. None of the 3 resorts has a restaurant or a bar which we found a little unusual. The World Center Hotel is close enough to be considered part of any of the resorts. Here there are several restaurants and lounge bars.
Once again all three are adjacent to the World Center Hotel. The Sable is the closest to the Hotel and is walk able in about 5-10 min. The other two are a little longer walk, but also can be reached by taking the free shuttle that can be found at the front of the Royal check in area. This is not an airport shuttle. All three places offered a concierge to help with any reservations we wanted from golf to discounted ticket for any of the many attractions in the area . All three places and the World Center Hotel were clean and well furnished AAAAA places where you shouldnt be disappointed.
Because of its size the Grande Vista does not seem to be of the same caliber as other Marriott Vacation Club resorts.
Our first week was spent at the Royal Palms Marriott.
After a week at each of the three resorts the Royal was our favorite. Partly because it was more recently remodeled. We felt our condo was just about new

We arrived early on a Friday about 1 PM and had to wait just a few minutes for our unit to be finished cleaning. We were in our unit by 2 PM. We felt this resort was just the right size. Each building had 4 floors and was served by an elevator as well as stairs. . We were located on the third floor of our building right next to the golf course looking down on one of the courses tees. Each of the three resorts we stayed at had a screened in lanai which was a very nice feature. The one at the Grande Vista was small and the view was not that good. They told us on check in that we had a lake view but really all we had was view of a very large tree.
The Royal featured a very large well appointed kitchen. The other two resorts kitchens were well appointed but much smaller in size. The Royal kitchen was large enough that two people could easily work together. With two teenage boys staying with us we did a little more cooking and eating in as these two guys could eat a ton. Every morning we had our breakfast out on the lanai watching the golfers.

The people at the front desk all remembered our name once we had an occasion to meet them. This made you feel welcome and very much at home. All three offered planned activities for both kids and adults. Also we thought it was unusual all the pools were open until 11 PM every night. There were plenty of lounges with an umbrella for shade if you wanted to stay out of the sun. The Royal pool was large enough for the resort. It always had less than 25 people in the water and less than 50 people total sunbathing and relaxing. The market was adjacent to the pool so if you wanted a snack or a drink it was a quick walk to get it. There were also two hot tubs good size that were landscaped so they were out of view from the pool. All the pools were always clean and the water was quite warm. My wife really enjoyed the warm water. Some water toys were provided in the way of noodles, beach balls and even a basketball hoop with it own ball. Next to the pool was a huge chess set laid out on about an 8ft square. There was also a ping pong table outside, along with shuffleboard courts and horseshoe pits. Everything was nice and close to the pool and the main registration area.
As I stated earlier the unit was newly furnished with comfortable chairs and a sofa, new appliances as well and a very comfy king size bed and a double bed in the second bedroom. Each had its own attached bathroom. The main bedroom had a shower as well as a Jacuzzi tub. There were three large flat screen TVs with a cable hook up and even some premium stations.
There was a separate room with washer and dryer and also a good place to store baggage or any other items we were not using. In here also was an ironing board and iron.
The walk to the World Center hotel was a little longer than the Sable Palms. Probably about 15 minutes. The boys thought nothing of it as both are runners so this was nothing more than a warm up for them. They did spend a lot of time at the World Center pool with all the Hot tubs and other attractions. Because of the huge size and hardly any one in the pool they felt it was almost their own private pool. The pool there is huge probably close to an acre. Completely lined with thick padded lounges and umbrellas going completely around the whole pool. These lounges were on 3 different levels so you always had a good view of the pool even if there was someone in front of you. I have never seen so many luxury lounges at one pool. Again the water was very warm in this pool. Again there were plenty of places where an umbrella shaded two lounges and also a small table for drinks or snacks. There was a hot tub that was built into what felt like a cave. It had walls of rock that surrounded you with openings so you could see the pool. There was even an opening in the ceiling so you could see the sky above which made a great view at night. Under construction were two pretty large water slides which will really make the kids happy when they are done.

Sable Palms was our resort for the second week. We were able to arrange a later checkout time with Alejandro at the front desk of the Royal. Then they allowed us to store some of our things in their back room until a unit was a available at the Sable. Turns out when we got over to the Sable they were waiting for us. So we sent the boys back over with the car to pick up what we had stored. We were in our new unit before 1 PM.

We checked the Sable out earlier in the first week and found out it did not have elevators, so when we talked to Alejandro we requested a ground floor unit as my wife did not want to be climbing steps for a whole week. There are only two floors in these buildings so the stairs are not that big of a deal. We were given a ground floor unit right next to a creek which bordered a fairway on the golf course. The Creek was only about 40’ wide so when we were on our lanai we felt very close to the golfers and could even hear them talking to each other. I will say our wall and screen was hit by errant golf balls a couple of times, which was a little entertaining but in no way dangerous. At first glance I thought this unit was even nicer than the Royal unit. The layout seemed much more attractive with the large dining room table. The kitchen had a breakfast bar with 4 hi-rise chairs. It also had all new appliances and even granite countertops. The kitchen was definitly smaller than the Royals and also on one of the walls there were doors that opened up into a very small space where the washer and dryer were located. One of the things that you will notice is that the kitchen floor and the main bathroom floor were raised by two steps. This area was all tile. At the bottom of the steps was carpet. This was OK for the kitchen area but in the bedroom -- bathroom area you had to watch where you were walking especially at night if you were going to the bathroom in the dark. There was a nightlight on the steps but not very bright. The shower in the unit was a huge walk in unit with NO door. There was an overhead rainfall shower head as well as 2 adjustable water jets that came out of the wall. The far end of the shower was made of glass block to let the outside light in. At the other end was a very large dry off area. So both the Royal and the Sable had its +’s and -’s.

We were within easy walking distance of the pool and registration desk (less than 5 minutes) and we were one of the units furthest from the pool. Once again everyone at the desk addressed us by name once we had met them so you always felt welcome and at home. This pool was slightly smaller than the Royal pool but still plenty of room for everyone. Again the water was very warm and there was plenty of shade if you wanted to lounge in a shady area. These two resorts as well as the World Center had at least one station loaded with pretty good quality king size towels. It appeared there would never be a shortage of towels at any of these places. Right next to each of the fresh towel container was a place to deposit your used towels as you were leaving the pool. The towels at the Grand Vista were much smaller and lighter weight, not sure why this was.
The World Center was a very easy walk about 10min away. We also found a second World Center pool on the way over to the large main pool. It was referred to as the sauna pool. Small in size slightly larger than the Royal pool but surrounded by palm trees and other landscaping. Lots of shade in the water and very very peaceful. Kinda felt like you were in paradise. Also adjacent was a another hot tub. We used this pool several times.

The Marriott Grande Vista is a huge place. I counted at least (24) 4 floor buildings with about 60 units per building. Do the math. Definitely designed for families with kids to enjoy all the different pools.
You are only a number here:
This is a gated resort with a guard that checks you in when you first arrive and thereafter you have to use your room card to get through the gate. It has a very long landscaped drive close to a mile long off the main road. We felt this place was not as luxurious as a true Marriott Resort. Our two bedroom unit was on an end of the a building on the second floor. We were told we had a view of the lake but really the view we had was a large tree blocking the view of the lake. The lanai was smaller than the other units just room enough for the table and 4 chairs.
Depending where you are located a lot of the places are not walkable.
There is a shuttle to anywhere you want to go or it’s easy enough to drive your car to a parking lot close to where you want to go. There is plenty of parking around all of the buildings so you can usually park right in front of your building. Each section of buildings had its own pool as well as the main pool by the lake and also the pool that is out by the restaurant & bar on the other side of the lake. The lake is fairly large and there is a sandy beach for those who like sand, but the lake is fenced off from the beach so there is no access to the water and therefore no swimming in it. There were some lounges and chairs in the sand area so you could pretend you were at a beach. Most of the other pools are small and can get crowded during certain times in the afternoon. The larger pool down by the lake and the restaurant and bar are crowded all the time. Chase lounges are close together and not very relaxing if you are lying out next to someone you don’t know. Each of the smaller pools had it own hot tub which were pretty good size and surrounded by lounges. These areas were definitely more relaxing. They all had there own bathroom facilities and part of the building was used for a small bar where you could get drinks and sandwiches. This was pretty convenient. The one pool that was closest to us had a barbecue area that had at least 6 barbecues that were built into a stone wall in an L shape. Sorry to say that all of these barbecues were in very very poor condition. Dirty Greasy only two of them would light. All of the electronic Pieazo lighters were broke so there were a couple of butane lighter sticks chained to them for lighting. This whole area definitely needed a lot of attention. This was one of the conversations we had with the general manager among other things that we had going on at our unit.
Twice we had people knocking on our door, once at 2am in the morning wanting to deliver things that we supposedly had ordered. One day we had a service person wanting to come in and show my wife where the bedding was for the sofa bed. We never asked for this and had no intentions of using the sofa bed. This person was told to leave. We felt like our unit was being watched for a possible break in or burglary. The general manager tried to assure us we were Ok even though they had no record of any service people being sent to our unit. Also because there are way over 1000 units and 24 buildings they all use an inter room phone system, so sorry to say there were several prank kid calls at all times of the day.
The second bedroom was a lock off. We didn’t use this room except for storage of our luggage and items we were not using. It had a small sink area and an under counter small refridge. It also had a smaller view of the “tree.”

I guess if you’ve got kids than this place might be the place to go. All kinds of activities for them. We felt this place was way to big to be managed properly as a Marriott resort. There seemed to be a constant flow of service carts running all over the grounds. You definitely were just a number and a guest of the resort. For us it was way to busy and crowded.

All three places did not offer us timeshare presentations so we were pleased not being bothered. Not having been to the Orlando area for about 12 years we were greatly surprised by the all the building that had taken place. Condos and hotels could be found anywhere you looked. Restaurants were in abundance and just about any chain or franchise eating place was available along with many new privately owned places to eat. Most all the restaurants were not overly crowded. There were two main grocery stores in the area, Publix and Super-Walmarts. There were several of each scattered around the area of the Marriott’s we stayed at. So stocking up a condo with the essentials was very easy and quite convenient. We found 3 different Outlet strip malls with just about any type of store you might want to shop at. I was amazed at one of these because it had its own multi level parking garage plus parking surrounding the whole area.

During the course of the three weeks we made several trips both east and west . Tampa has a very nice Hard Rock Casino. Daytona has one of the nicest beaches you can find in my opinion. Our grandson and his buddy also used our car and made trips to Clearwater and Fort Myers beaches which they thought were really nice also.

Last but not least because we had our car down there for the whole three weeks there came a time when we wanted to get the car washed. Guess what they have a true shortage of carwashes in the whole Orlando area. I inquired at the Sable desk and they admitted none were a available in the area. Not even the do it yourself type. We had to travel well over 20 miles to find the one that they found for us at the front desk. The girl there admitted that she drives almost thirty miles just to get her car washed once a month. Sounds like a money making opportunity and a good place to make an investment. We will be going back this winter –spring for at least 2 weeks.

Room Tip: Upper floor in any of these resorts will give you a quiet relaxing time. Lower units you could have...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

As soon as we arrived the staff were friendly & helpful. The apartment was excellant & very well equipped, we were on the top floor & near the pool which seemed to be an excellant place to be.The pool was good & our grandson preferred it to the World Centre one as although it didn't have the slides there was always had someone to play with in the Palms pool. We loved the BBQs in the ground & the fact that you could choose between a gas bbq & a coals one. The knob came off our tumble dryer & within a couple of hours of reporting it one evening it was repaired, really efficient and nothing was too much bother. The complimentary mini-bus between the apartments & the hotel was always available & you you never had to wait more than a few minutes for it. All in all a great family or couple place to stay. If I had to make one comment it would be that it would have been nice to have had a bar in the evenings within Royal Palms.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have less unit noise and if you have children the block near the pool better.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Love this place very beautiful clean environment and very friendly staff members! The decor in the unit is very contemporary and colors are beautiful! Will love to stay here again but stay in upper floors so you can enjoy better! Families should place in the first floor so they don't disturb their neighbors.

Room Tip: Upper floors are the best more privacy and less noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Royal Palms? Share your experiences!