“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saginaw, MI
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Marriott provides a relaxing experience in a peaceful setting. This resort is more "homelike" than many. There are children's playgrounds,picnic tables, and pool toys provided for use, as well as shuffleboard, basketball, etc. The kitchen is large enough for 3 cooperating adults to work at once, and the round glass dining table is spacious. The balconies are open on 2 sides and look out on the golf course.

One drawback is the second bedroom has one queen size bed and not a lot of extra floor space. The second bathroom is somewhat small but does have storage shelves behind the door that ease the crunch.

The staff is friendly, but activities are virtually non existent, primarily because there are few participants in this smaller resort.

We were in a recently remodeled unit and the decorations are attractive as well as functional. There is one 3 seat sofa and three chairs in the living room, which seats more than some of the other Marriott timeshares.

If you want a "quiet" vacation, this is the place for you. If you want lots of children's activities, try Marriott Harbour Lake.

One difficulty for us was the lack on parking close to building 43,and the need to walk to the lobby to get the free shuttle to the hotel facilities, which are included in the privileges.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel.. Our unit were large newly renovated and clean, older units on the outside. the bed was comfortable, LCD tvs in all rooms.
Only complaint I have is that on our last day, at 8am they sent someone (maid) to check on the room, we were getting ready to leave, she knock on door, then she opened. I told her that we were getting ready to leave, then she hang out around the unit waiting for us to leave... We were loading the car in the parking lot, then she went to check on the room, I still had luggage in the room... it was only 9:30am.
If they want to have the room ready early in the day, why the make you wait until almost 5pm.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated and top floor unit.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just returned home from a week's stay at Marriott's Royal Plams. This is an older resort, but they just renoved most of the units. The units looked very nice .. expecially the kitchen. But, I can't understand why Marriott doesn't do quality work on these upgrades. The kitchen cabinets looked like they were covered in contact paper looking like wood. But the granite countertops were nice. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows felt like rocks. I should have requested a feather pillow, but didn't .. my fault:) All the staff we encountered were very nice. The weather was cool when we were there, so we didn't have the sliding glass doors open very much. If we had, it would have been noisy from traffic going by. If I return, I would request a top floor unit in the building closest to the hotel. We had a problem with our dryer the first day, and it was immediately replaced. The maintenance response was immediate and we appreciated that. The grounds are very nice and having full usage of the hotel facilities was a bonus. The golf course was very nice and you could get a 5 day package for $500 plus tax. They are doing construction at the hotel (renovating the balconies on the hotel rooms and putting in a new pool slide area and playground) so it does get noisy. However, you cannot hear this noise in the villas. We were only a few miles from Disney World and a very short drive to Sea World as well. There was a huge outlet mall only 5 minutes away. The only tough part for us was that my husband had tee times at 7 am and the shuttle didn't start running until 7 am, so I would have to get up to drive him to the clubhouse. There is no free parking over at the clubhouse. And you have to take the shuttle if you want to go to the hotel. Most times the shuttle came right away, but a few times we had to wait for 20 min or so. One other thing .. if you have the time, you should definitely check out the Gaylord Hotel. It's incredible inside! Very nice restaurants as well. We ate at their steakhouse .. very good! You have to take a ticket to park, but if you make a purchase there, even if it's only a drink, they will stamp your card for free parking. And Gaylord is part of the Marriott group now. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit on the 4th floor in the building closest to the hotel (ask if it is a renovated unit...
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just back from Florida and a week long stay at the Marriott Sabal Palms in a two bedroom, 2 bath villa. Just minutes away from all the Disney areas without having to get on the Interstate was convenient.
The buildings we were in were just recently renovated (reopened 2 weeks ago) and the villa was immaculate. New rugs, furniture and countertops. The refrigerator was not new and made some loud noise, but that was minor. Service for 8 with 3 counter stools and a large table for 6 was glass top as was the screened patio's table top that could seat 4. The third floor patio overlooked the golf course for good visual entertainment.
My daughter, son in law and granddaughter (17 months) stayed with us and it was very comfortable. The baby loved the large jetted tub in the master bedroom for her baths, plenty of room to splash around.
The gym nearby was convenient, open 24/7 with your room key. The pool outside the check in was heated and very comfortable with plenty of lounges and chairs. The check in also had a small store for essential items.
The WalMart and Publix were the nearest supermarkets, the WalMart being the closest. The airport was about a 30 minute drive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Royal Palms was exactly as we hoped. We got a very large 2 bedroom suite that had all the amenities that would be needed for an extended family's vacation. The master bedroom was huge, the quest room had a nice extra "bed space", the living room was accomodating and the three season porch was great for the evening.

They also had a very nice pool area including a cigar deck right on the pond (utilized!). The staff was friendly and our stay was made very comfortable.

This place was spotless from the check-in area all the way to our suite. The grounds were beautiful and I had absolutely no complaints.

The hotel itself is just a short 5 min drive to the Magic Kindom (no hwy travel at all). Simply take International Drive to your desired park and it's a very quick ride home after a long day.

I will stay here again and I will recommend this Hotel to anyone and everyone that asks. In addition, you get access to all the amenities offered by the Marriott World Center.

Room Tip: I think they are updating rooms, ours was just done (beautiful). Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Xiamen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'd traded my week in Puket for several locations but I have to say this was my best trade so far.
The location is excellent, near all attractions and the staff is super helpful.
Rooms are well furnished, all in prefect working condition, heated swimming pool and tennis courts are available for guest.
I've not done any golf as I was travelling with four kids but the grounds look impeccable from my balcony.

Room Tip: Take time to meet the staff at the reception for tips on shopping and parks discounts. All the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Deptford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice older resort. We visited 12/23-12/29/12. The resort was quiet and the grounds were well maintained. It is connected to the Marriott World Center. The World Center had a very nice Christmas display. They even had Santa with complimentary pics. Nice touch.
The Royal Palms staff is top notch, very friendly and helpful.

The units were nicely equipped. The bed was super comfy!! Loved the colors. The second bedroom was tiny. It had a queen size bed and a small lounge chair that converted to a single bed. The bathrooms were also small. Overall, the look and feel of the furnishing was nice. The covered patio was spacious.

Now, there were a few things I think need improvement. The quality of the refurb left a lot to be desired. The cabinets had been refaced and the film was peeling. The water pressure in the hall bath was minimal.

Although they have a variety of restaurants at the World Center, It would have been nice to have one at the Palms. The Market Place was also limited. I also did not like the gym that was in the main lobby. It was a glass box with a few machines. Since I was traveling with children, I was also disappointed in the lack of a game room/ activity center.

It was a very relaxing location. Very close to Disney and shopping. I just expected more from a Marriott. Compared to a hotel it was great. But, compared to the Marriott I own it was just okay. The Marriott resorts I have stayed at are Lakeshore Reserve, Harbor Lake and Grande Vista. I own at Cypress Harbour.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor to get a good view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Royal Palms? Share your experiences!