“Simply Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New Bedford,Ma
“Simply Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

I would recommend this property to anyone traveling/staying in the Orlando area. Our unit was perfect for 4 (2 adults/2 older kids). Plenty of space for everyone. Enjoyed the jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Also enjoyed the choice of 3 pools. Staff was very good at fulfilling my request (newly refurbed unit near the pool(s).
Grounds were very well kept,pools were very clean. Can't say enough good things about the resort. I would definitely stay there again if/when I return to Orlando.

• Liked — cleanliness and size of the 2 bedroom unit
  • Disliked — bed pillows (too soft)
  • Tips/Secrets — request a refurbished unit near the pools
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Placentia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

I have been doing the timeshare thing for quite some time and if it wasn't for the fact Floridas trade value isn't that good I would definately buy at Marriotts Cypress Harbour Resort. My family and I just returened last night and had such a good time there that on several days we opted to stay at the resort and use the facilities instead of going to the amusement parks we had prepaid days at.

First of all when we got there at 10:00 AM since our flight was a red eye our first inpression was how great the place looked it has a tropical theme with a key west feel in the building architecture. When we went to check in knowing that check in time was around 4:00 PM we figured they would let us know when our room was ready and page us. Instead they told us they had a room and let us check in at 10:00 AM with no extra charge. I also asked for a renovated room and that is what they gave us.

The grounds are large and there is plenty of parking. The two pools are great the only complaint is there is not bar on the island pool for drinks and food, you have to go to the main pool.

The rooms were fantastic. extrememly clean and well maintained. The theme in the rooms is nautical and I read in some reviews that it was outdated but I didn't thinks so because if you have ever stayed at Disneylands Paradise Pier Hotel the rooms look the same as far as theme goes.

This is a great place for families and is in the perfect location for theme park access. The staff is incredibly helpful and responsive to your needs. I would stay here again and recomend it to anyone.

Marriotts Cypress Harbour made up for our trip to Orlando last year where we unfortunately stayed in the Westgate Lakes Resort (which is a dump by any standards and can't even compare on a 1-10 scale with Cypress Harbour its a -25). I would just like to say thank you to Marriott Cypress Harbour and all your staff for making our vacation this year one we will never forget.

I felt there were not enough posted pictures of the resort so I took quite a few so everyone could see for themselves.

• Liked — The facility and decour
  • Disliked — Needs a pool bar at the island pool
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a renovated room try to get a lake view or closer to the pools
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
aberdeen, scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

We stayed at his resort in May of this year and it is the best place I have ever been. My husband and I went along with my son, my father, his wife and two children and we had a ball. The staff were very kind and the resort was immaculate. I could not fault a thing. In fact the staff were that kind and caring that when my dad fell ill on our last night they did noe hesitate in calling a local doctor and giving as more time to check out the next day to make sure he was alright. 1st class service from everyone.

Our rooms were amazing and the resort itself was clean and well maintained. The pools were excellent for both adults and children and the miami vice cocktails went down a treat for us ladies.....nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

The resort itself was centre to everything...and many a night we would stand outside on our balcony and watch Seaworld firewors at night.

We got home on a saturday and on the monday back at work I had booked two weeks off for next October hoping to go back to this resort.....well the following week we found out how good the miami vice cocktails were......I am now 3 months pregnant (how is marriott for a name!!!!!!!). We have now decided that we will have to go back in October 2008 and my husband and I have decided we will not stay anywhere other than this resort on that trip and future trips to orlando (we try and go every 2 years).

Roll on 2008, great rooms, cocktails, entertainment and most of all kind, caring and very proffessional staff.

A+++++++

• Liked — The amount of space for 2 families was perfect and of course the bubble bath in the main bedroom
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

Our family spent a week at Marriott Cypress Harbour in May and we think it is by far the best resort for families with babies and/or toddlers we have ever stayed at. Great (large) rooms, full kitchens, washer and dryer, etc. A screened-in patio with a great view. For those seeking a quiet room, stay in the farthest rooms (off the gold course rather than near the pools)...very tranquil for the little ones at nap time/bed time. The food at the pool-side grill was great (simple sandwishes and burgers but very, very good). All staff was friendly and helpful and guests were great too. This resort is close to Disney, Sea World, Animal Kingdom, etc...convenient. Also, shop at the Publix grocery store nearby (ask front desk for directions). We ADORED our time at this resort and would absolutely go back. By far the best resort for young families. Ask for a remodelled room (some rooms are newer than others in terms of decor). Elevators in all buildings makes stoller access effortless. I would not look any further if you want a family vacation near Disney!!!

• Liked — pool & location
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not shop on site - go to Publix for everything you need -- much cheaper!
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2006

My Family and I stayed at the Marriott Cypress Harbour, and we loved it!! It was very, very clean and very accomodating. The people at the front desk did everything to fit our needs. We called a few days before our vacation to make sure we got a newly renovated room, they told us they would try to get us one and when we got there it was perfect. Everything was nice and in place, and clean. The one pool we saw was great. It has a volleyball net and sometimes they would have people playing music. They also had down by the pool, a lady who did airbrush tatoos, hair braiding, and hair wraps. At the end of our vacation we took family pictures. We were scheduled for 10:45 they took us at 10:15 because someone had cancelled! They were all very pleasant and no one gave you a hard time. They showed you where everything in the hotel was. They have an activity center. But they have certain times for everything. To get to the other side of the lake they have a boat with leather seats and it was so relaxing!! I would definitely go back again!!

• Liked — How nice the staff were!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Call in advanced for a renovated room
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

I was a little nervous about our stay before arriving after reading some less than flattering reviews by some members. I must say, however, that we LOVED THE RESORT. My family really had a blast, and my kids especially loved the pools. Our unit was very clean and extremely spacious. We really liked how conveniently located it was too. We were less than 2 miles from Sea World and no more than 10 miles from any Disney Park. I also found the staff to be very friendly and courteous. The desk staff was even kind enough to print out our flight boarding passes for our early morning flight. We would most definitely stay at Cyprus Harbour again.

• Liked — The size of the units
  • Disliked — There weren't many food options on site
  • Tips/Secrets — Take advantage of the pools and on-site ammenities to take a break from the parks at least one day
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

Just got back from Cypress Harbour and loved it! It has about 500+ units so it's not as enormous as many timeshares. Was able to check in 4 hours early and had a recently renovated unit w/lake view. The truth is there are no bad buildings, you'll either have a lake or golf course view. Units are HUGE (over 1300 sq ft) really a home away from home. Very clean w/everything a family needs. Convenient to Disney parks, we watched fireworks from Seaworld from our sreened in porch. Many activities for children and 3 great pools. The only potential negative (we didn't care) is there are limited eating out options on sight. GREAT place, our choice for future visits to Orlando!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Marriott's Cypress Harbour? Share your experiences!