“Very Clean and Very Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #4 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Lake Wales, Florida, United States
“Very Clean and Very Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am a Travel Agent and was able to stay at this location. We were placed in a newly renovated 2 bedroom villa. The room was exceptionally clean. There was not anything out of place.

The staff was a pleasure to work with. Any need we had was taken care of right away.

The onside restaurant was very good. They don't have a sit down restaurant but a pool side restaurant.

The pool was clean. I recommend the pool next to "The Lakehouse". It is a quiet pool as all the families with children are at the main two pools near the main office.

We spend one day at SeaWorld. The only issue was they don't have transportation to area parks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Highland Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hi it is me Robert, I'm still nine, but anyways I have a review. The room was very spacious, well same with the kitchen. I stayed with my family, it had 2 beds and 2 pullouts. We went to 2 of 3 pools. Sadly we didn't do anything with the activities, but the pools each once because we didn't have enough time. Basicly I loved this hotel :]

Holtsville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We and a two bedroom unit in February (2012 & 2013). The unit is beautiful, clean and spacious. The bedrooms sleep two each but then the second bedroom also has a pullout couch. There is also a pullout in the living room.

The recreation center is wonderful. My 11 year old twins boys loved "hanging out" with the 20-something's that work there. One of them took out a super soaker and tarted a war with them. They had a blast!

The boat and bike rentals are awesome, there is a stock car race track and activities in the rec center each day. My boys' favorite was the daily ice cream social. My personal favorite was the camp fire sing along and s'mores party by the lake.

I would absolutely recommend cypress harbour!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean, staff friendly. Family loved the meatball pizza. We stayed in the renovated 5335, near the pool. Would go again. Nothing bad to say. It's Marriott. Suite was awesome. Close to everything. Concierge was very helpful.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wanted to give this hotel a four star but I had to be honest about this place. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and 2 bath unit the last week of June in building 52 overseeing the lake and very close to the pool next to the office. My husband had a convention to attend and our family decided to tagalong and meet my sister and her family who also stayed in this resort, too.

Our positive experience: The staff is wonderful and although we (family of five) arrived here early, we didn't get our room till 4pm but that was alright since my sister who checked in a day early was next door to us. I had called few days early and they were able to fulfill our request to stay close to one another. So we were happy. The housekeeper did her best although I believe we had someone different each day.
We use the pool one day and the pizza hut was convenient and the entire place which was gated made us feel safe.

This is where I had to give a 3-star. Apparently, this building is suppose to be renovated and I can see that the appliances, the cabinets, tv, were new but there was this musty smell that I could not take and I was a little bit worried since my son had outdoor and indoor allergies but he did fine. I think it was the carpet and the couches that seem a little bit old...but despite this, it was alright. The other problem we had was the sugar ant issue in the kitchen. The first evening, I noticed these tiny ants crawling on the counter in the kitchen and in the pantry. We had just bought groceries and I ended up putting almost all of the stuff in the refrigerator and on the dining room table away from the kitchen. I called front desk and by 10pm, they sent someone to spray the kitchen. Since this was Sunday, they informed me that tomorrow the Pest control will come and treat the area. The guy did inform me that they were sugar ants, very small but common in warm areas. The next day, while we were at Disney, I think someone did come because I didn't see a whole lot of them..just a few...3 or so each day. I did not cook much in my kitchen and ended up eating at my sister's room next door. They did not have any problems so it looked like maybe it was just our room.
Well, the last 2 days, I saw more but I wasn't going to let it bother me or dampen our vacation since this has happened to me in another resort in Turks and Caicos.
When I did check out, I did inform the front desk that the problem continued and suggested in a friendly way that they call the pest service once again.

Overall, other than the ant issue, the resort was good and the rooms were average....my sister and I did agree that maybe the carpet and the sofa needed replacement as well. There was something about this place that just seem average.

Since the Disney area has so many accommodations, I think we will try another place if we were to come down here again.

Naples, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom time share for a week and had a great time. The place is clean and has been recently renovated. Everything worked and we would definitely go back to this property - the only down side was when we wanted to book golf, they seemed a bit pushy to want us to have heard the marketing pitch - we refused and just booked our own golf.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am a Starwood vacation owner and picked up a week at the Marriott Cypress Harbor through Interval International's "Getaway" site. I chose Cypress Harbor based on its proximity to SeaWorld, the Marriott brand name, and its high TripAdvisor rating. Suffice it to say, Cypress Harbor not only met my expectations, but completely exceeded them.

From check in to check out, my family and I never felt we were treated differently than Marriott owners. We received the same high level of service, and our condo location and view were exactly what we had requested (water view, quiet location - and we were even given a corner unit). We were never pressured by anyone to attend any presentations or pitches - in fact, at no point during our 7-night stay was anything related to sales even broached with us. This might seem like an insignificant thing, but having rented at other timeshare properties (Hyatt), the zero-pressure approach really earned high marks in our book for enhancing our overall experience.

The property itself is gorgeous. Lakes and ponds, perfectly landscaped and surrounded by meandering paths and bridges, all very well maintained. Each day I would heat out for an early morning walk, and would see staff doing maintenance rounds, verifying things such as barbecue grills and lighters were in working order. The overall feel of the place is very peaceful and quiet, and even at the busiest times at the pool, it was easy to relocate to a quieter, calmer spot.

The room itself was among the best condos we've rented. Spacious, open, and bright and CLEAN with ample living space for my family of three to settle in without every tripping over each other. The two bedrooms are on opposite sides of the condo. The master is in the back, overlooking the water, while the second bedroom is in front, proximate to the kitchen. The second bedroom is spacious, with a queen size bed and sofa, and directly adjoining the main hall bathroom. The master has its own large en suite master bath, with a fantastic glass shower and separate jacuzzi tub big enough to swim in (no really, it must be double the size of the typical bathroom jacuzzi tub).

The kitchen was modern, with granite countertops and stainless appliances. We like to cook A LOT on vacation, and we found ourselves right at home with plenty of space. Our first day, we went grocery shopping at the Publix five minutes down the road, and I was able to make two different casserole dishes for the week using dishes and equipment from the kitchen. Eggs and coffee every morning were straightforward (basket filters included in the room!). There is a breakfast bar with stools in the kitchen, and a dining room table, but more often than not, we ate breakfast and dinner out on our screened in porch overlooking the lake. Perfect.

When not out and about enjoying Orlando, we spent a fair bit of time one of the three pools on the property, typically at the large Clubhouse pool. Our 10-year old never had a problem finding other kids to play with, and the pool deck has ample lounge chairs in both sunny and shaded areas for relaxing.

The only drawback I will say about Cypress Harbor is that you are on your own regarding transportation. There are no shuttles to any of the local attractions, so you will need to figure out your own ride. We drove from DC to Orlando, and fully intended to drive and park at our destinations each day (Sea World, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove are around the corner; Disney is about 15 minutes down the road).

Overall, our stay at Cypress Harbor was exceptional. Every time we walked through our condo door after a busy Orlando day, it felt like returning to an oasis of calm, helping to restore us for another day. We will absolutely be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Cypress Harbour? Share your experiences!