“Excellent as always” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 327 hotels in Orlando
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in November and were pleased to find the good standard of accommodation had been maintained. This was our sixth visit to the resort and it never fails to please us. The newly refurbished units are hard to fault and the reception is always friendly and helpful. We exchange through Interval International and Cypress Harbour is always our first choice and will visit again in April. Overall it's a great resort.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Warwick, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were very surprised at the size of the 2 bedroom apartments. We are a family of five and there was room to spare. Everything was clean and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The girls from the recreational area were especially kind and helpful. Every night there is some sort of activity for families/kids to do. The resort was very close to all of the theme parks~ 2 minutes to Sea World and maybe 10-15 minutes at most to any of the Disney resorts. The only complaints we had was that the room had a stale smell every time we came back from a long day out. The other, we had to run the water in the bathrooms a few minutes before initially using them b/c it was rusty. Overall, it's a lovely resort and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We just got bck from a week at Cypress Harbour ad hve sa what a beautiful resort. W had the top floor in building 50 overlooking the lake. We had a short walk to th pool which was not a problem. Our suite was beautiful with a screened balcony. I would concider going there again.
We loved the place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in one of the newly renovated 2 bedroom apartments and was very impressed with the size and decor of it. The apartment was large, well appointed and clean and had everything a family of four needed.

I recommend this resort to any family and liked it a lot.

However a couple of minor flaws knocked it down from a 5 star for me. The first was finding a cockroach in the apartment, this did not reflect the cleanliness of the resort as it was spotless and it is Florida, so I guess I let that one go.

The second was that the washing machine did not work and had to be replaced, but this was done quickly the next day.

Overall I would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The location of this villa is good.. Just next to sea world and discovery cove..and around 10 mins to all Disney attractions.. The resort is also five minutes away from Vineland outlet..

My mom and dad like the resort very much and they both agree it is a good family resort.. With good household facilities and the apartment is spacious..and have a "home" feeling when staying there..

We cook almost everyday for our seven night stay in the resort.. The kitchen has all the kitchenwares and have what you need to cook a full dinner...the only thing my mom complaint about is the vent is too nosy when opened..

My dad said next time he would bring the fishing equipment there as you could do fishing there as well.. Pretty much just at the lawn next to your villa..

And one thing I am appreciated is that I called the resort a month ago prior to my stay to reserve for a lake view recently renovated villa.. And we got what we reserved when check in.. We stayed in building 63 and all the housewares and appliances within the apartment are pretty much brand new..

We may come back for another visit next year.. But will definitely pick the low season like in Novemebrr time..

• Stayed November 2012
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been traveling to Orlando for many, many years. I've stayed at Sabal Palms, Grand Vista, Star Island, Vistana Villages, Vistana, Liki Tiki, Hitlon Grand Vacation club, Harbour Lake, Calypso Cay, and Mystic Dunes. However, Cypress Harbour is my absolute favorite and in terms of quality, the standard remains the same each time I visit. Will spend two more weeks there next summer. I don't own at Marriott but trade in through II. This last time, we were given a 2br unit directly next to the activities center. This had to be the absolute best location on property given that I had three teens with me. I could literally see the center from my balcony. The second bonus is that we were on the back side of the building with an excellent view of the lake. So, ask for this building if that all sounds good. There is also a small swimming pool there, but with easy access to the pontoon, so that you can get to the larger pools easily.

The 2 br unit is very spacious, but do keep in mind that the second br has an odd configuration probably due to its size. It's a queen and a sleeper sofa rather than two doubles which would probably be preferable. There is also a sleeper in the living room. Furnishings were all very nice, typical Marriott. Washer and Dryer in the unit which is always nice, full kitchen, etc.

The screened in porch provides a great place to sit and enjoy during the morning with coffee or wine in the evening. On some porches, you can see the Sea World fireworks.

This Marriott is located approx .5 mile from Sea World. It's a very large property with many activities going on. We often don't want to leave to go to any parks. It also has bike and boat rentals. It also has a very good gym for a resort property, with the equipment being fairly new.

All employees on property seem to be very helpful although we don't require much. Check-in is always a breeze. Never had any problems there.

In my opinion, Cypress Harbour presents the best resort for both adults and children to have a good time. Some of the Orlando resorts, like Harbour Lake, have too many kids and some like Grande Vista don't seem kid friendly enough.

As I stated, Cypress Harbour always feels like coming home.

Room Tip: Building near the activities center facing the lake.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Let me start this review by simply stating, our villa truly provided all the comforts of home. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed at this resort.

I checked in to Marriott's Cypress Harbour late at night, but my first impression was very positive. The woman who checked me in, Marie, was cheerful and efficient. But I have to admit, after looking at the map of the resort with directions to my villa, I felt a wave of panic come across me. I have stayed at dozens of large sprawling time-share-style-resorts and I have become too accustomed to wandering aimlessly to my room due to poor or missing signage. However, that did not happen here. The resort was well lit and the abundance of signage was well marked. The 2 bedroom/2 bath villa was a “10” ! Beautiful colors, and excellent lighting throughout. The kitchen was well stocked with better quality cookware and dishes, stainless appliances, granite counters , cook-top stove & dishwasher. The refrigerator was an upgrade from the typical wire rack variety and 3 flat-screen TV’s w/ HD channels! The unit also had a washer & dryer of good quality.
My 4 pet peeves: 1) Cleanliness—there were no dust balls or clumps of hair in corners and the HVAC vents were all clean, in fact, the unit was spotless ; 2) Good Working Order—everything !—light bulbs, appliances, TV’s. Well, almost everything, the batteries in a TV remote control died. My apology to the next inhabitants of my unit b/c I forgot to tell the front desk. Fortunately, the resort had all remotes programmed to work all TV’s. 3) Towels & Soap— 8 bath towels ( for 4 people—yeah!!) of good quality and plenty of soap too and 6 large pool towels. 4) Bed quality. Having spent hundreds of nights in my lifetime on hotel beds, this was by far the best ! Although the bed was on the newer side, it was very firm, very comfortable and of good quality.
There was also an ample supply of pillows, extra blankets and kitchen supplies. Climate controls were good and the ceiling fans in bedrooms were a good alternative during cold evenings ( in the 40’s!) and cool mornings. The screened in deck with table & chairs added to an already very spacious unit.
The resort provided beautifully maintained grounds, nice gardens and a lakes with water fountains. There were an abundance of activities, boats, basketball, shuffleboard, bicycles including scheduled poolside bingo. There was also a golf course. 3 Swimming pools with spas and sauna were all in excellent repair, quiet and peaceful. There was also a Spa and exercise room available.
Location was seconds from S. International Drive. 2 minutes (literally) drive to Seaworld and about 7 minutes on side-roads to the entrance of Disney Parks’ entrance, 3 minutes to Plubix grocery story, gas etc. Universal was about 15 minutes and Orlando airport( MCO) 20 minutes door-to-door.
I found all staff to be friendly, consistently offering a "hello" in passing. Also positive feedback toward the Concierge who made a terrific recommendation for bar-b-que at Bubbalou's.
2 bonuses worth mentioning—1) unlike most resorts that are of the time-share variety, there was no pressure (or request) to view their property or sit through a presentation. 2) You can print boarding passes in the main lobby.

One thing I wasn't pleased with was the bed configuration in the unit (perhaps my own oversight when I booked). For such a spacious 2 bedroom unit; there are only 2 beds. The master bedroom had a king-bed and second bedroom had a twin and a sleep sofa. The living room had a sleep sofa too. Neither of which were comfortable for a week! Lack of 'real' beds was an issue for a party of 4 that included 2 older teens. Sleep sofa of better quality was an obvious over-site by the resort.

Overall, this resort was top-notch!

Room Tip: Request a refurbished unit.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Cypress Harbour? Share your experiences!