“Very comfortable villa - a good family resort” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hong Kong, China
“Very comfortable villa - a good family resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The location of this villa is good.. Just next to sea world and discovery cove..and around 10 mins to all Disney attractions.. The resort is also five minutes away from Vineland outlet..

My mom and dad like the resort very much and they both agree it is a good family resort.. With good household facilities and the apartment is spacious..and have a "home" feeling when staying there..

We cook almost everyday for our seven night stay in the resort.. The kitchen has all the kitchenwares and have what you need to cook a full dinner...the only thing my mom complaint about is the vent is too nosy when opened..

My dad said next time he would bring the fishing equipment there as you could do fishing there as well.. Pretty much just at the lawn next to your villa..

And one thing I am appreciated is that I called the resort a month ago prior to my stay to reserve for a lake view recently renovated villa.. And we got what we reserved when check in.. We stayed in building 63 and all the housewares and appliances within the apartment are pretty much brand new..

We may come back for another visit next year.. But will definitely pick the low season like in Novemebrr time..

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been traveling to Orlando for many, many years. I've stayed at Sabal Palms, Grand Vista, Star Island, Vistana Villages, Vistana, Liki Tiki, Hitlon Grand Vacation club, Harbour Lake, Calypso Cay, and Mystic Dunes. However, Cypress Harbour is my absolute favorite and in terms of quality, the standard remains the same each time I visit. Will spend two more weeks there next summer. I don't own at Marriott but trade in through II. This last time, we were given a 2br unit directly next to the activities center. This had to be the absolute best location on property given that I had three teens with me. I could literally see the center from my balcony. The second bonus is that we were on the back side of the building with an excellent view of the lake. So, ask for this building if that all sounds good. There is also a small swimming pool there, but with easy access to the pontoon, so that you can get to the larger pools easily.

The 2 br unit is very spacious, but do keep in mind that the second br has an odd configuration probably due to its size. It's a queen and a sleeper sofa rather than two doubles which would probably be preferable. There is also a sleeper in the living room. Furnishings were all very nice, typical Marriott. Washer and Dryer in the unit which is always nice, full kitchen, etc.

The screened in porch provides a great place to sit and enjoy during the morning with coffee or wine in the evening. On some porches, you can see the Sea World fireworks.

This Marriott is located approx .5 mile from Sea World. It's a very large property with many activities going on. We often don't want to leave to go to any parks. It also has bike and boat rentals. It also has a very good gym for a resort property, with the equipment being fairly new.

All employees on property seem to be very helpful although we don't require much. Check-in is always a breeze. Never had any problems there.

In my opinion, Cypress Harbour presents the best resort for both adults and children to have a good time. Some of the Orlando resorts, like Harbour Lake, have too many kids and some like Grande Vista don't seem kid friendly enough.

As I stated, Cypress Harbour always feels like coming home.

Room Tip: Building near the activities center facing the lake.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Let me start this review by simply stating, our villa truly provided all the comforts of home. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed at this resort.

I checked in to Marriott's Cypress Harbour late at night, but my first impression was very positive. The woman who checked me in, Marie, was cheerful and efficient. But I have to admit, after looking at the map of the resort with directions to my villa, I felt a wave of panic come across me. I have stayed at dozens of large sprawling time-share-style-resorts and I have become too accustomed to wandering aimlessly to my room due to poor or missing signage. However, that did not happen here. The resort was well lit and the abundance of signage was well marked. The 2 bedroom/2 bath villa was a “10” ! Beautiful colors, and excellent lighting throughout. The kitchen was well stocked with better quality cookware and dishes, stainless appliances, granite counters , cook-top stove & dishwasher. The refrigerator was an upgrade from the typical wire rack variety and 3 flat-screen TV’s w/ HD channels! The unit also had a washer & dryer of good quality.
My 4 pet peeves: 1) Cleanliness—there were no dust balls or clumps of hair in corners and the HVAC vents were all clean, in fact, the unit was spotless ; 2) Good Working Order—everything !—light bulbs, appliances, TV’s. Well, almost everything, the batteries in a TV remote control died. My apology to the next inhabitants of my unit b/c I forgot to tell the front desk. Fortunately, the resort had all remotes programmed to work all TV’s. 3) Towels & Soap— 8 bath towels ( for 4 people—yeah!!) of good quality and plenty of soap too and 6 large pool towels. 4) Bed quality. Having spent hundreds of nights in my lifetime on hotel beds, this was by far the best ! Although the bed was on the newer side, it was very firm, very comfortable and of good quality.
There was also an ample supply of pillows, extra blankets and kitchen supplies. Climate controls were good and the ceiling fans in bedrooms were a good alternative during cold evenings ( in the 40’s!) and cool mornings. The screened in deck with table & chairs added to an already very spacious unit.
The resort provided beautifully maintained grounds, nice gardens and a lakes with water fountains. There were an abundance of activities, boats, basketball, shuffleboard, bicycles including scheduled poolside bingo. There was also a golf course. 3 Swimming pools with spas and sauna were all in excellent repair, quiet and peaceful. There was also a Spa and exercise room available.
Location was seconds from S. International Drive. 2 minutes (literally) drive to Seaworld and about 7 minutes on side-roads to the entrance of Disney Parks’ entrance, 3 minutes to Plubix grocery story, gas etc. Universal was about 15 minutes and Orlando airport( MCO) 20 minutes door-to-door.
I found all staff to be friendly, consistently offering a "hello" in passing. Also positive feedback toward the Concierge who made a terrific recommendation for bar-b-que at Bubbalou's.
2 bonuses worth mentioning—1) unlike most resorts that are of the time-share variety, there was no pressure (or request) to view their property or sit through a presentation. 2) You can print boarding passes in the main lobby.

One thing I wasn't pleased with was the bed configuration in the unit (perhaps my own oversight when I booked). For such a spacious 2 bedroom unit; there are only 2 beds. The master bedroom had a king-bed and second bedroom had a twin and a sleep sofa. The living room had a sleep sofa too. Neither of which were comfortable for a week! Lack of 'real' beds was an issue for a party of 4 that included 2 older teens. Sleep sofa of better quality was an obvious over-site by the resort.

Overall, this resort was top-notch!

Room Tip: Request a refurbished unit.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I visited with my parents and our one year old. For a family this was an ideal resort to be staying in. We stayed for a week.

Lots of activities although we hardly availed of any since we were on a busy schedule. My son enjoyed the boat ride to and from the reception area. Lots of play areas and open spaces for him to run around.

Large spacious villa for a good family vacation. Beds were nice and comfortable. The jacuzzi was HUGE. The kitchen was functional. My only issue was that the appliances were a bit dated and loud. The washer and dryer especially were loud. Also, the heater and the boiler in the room were louder then what we are used to at home. The TV's in the bedroom were ancient big boxes, that is somewhat unseen in this day and age but oh well.

The staff was nice and courteous throughout our stay.

Good location if you want to do the Orlando theme parks. The resort is equidistant from the Disney and Universal theme parks and bang next to Seaworld. We did not have a view of the lake but did get a clear view of the Seaworld fireworks every night.

There is a CVS pharmacy next door if you need to run out for milk or bread late at night and its not too far from a couple of big box grocery stores.

Overall, I'd recommend the resort. Great place to stay for a family vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

12 of us flew from Anchorage to here and we split up into two of the two bedroom units. We were in building 62 which gets sun all day long, incl morning sun. We started our day with coffee on the screened porch deck looking over the lake.
Rooms were immaculate and I am SUPER picky and my mom is worse. She could find no fault. Decor beautiful in this building, paint, carpet, furnishings all brand new. Master suite will seriously amaze you.
Granite counters w/white appl. Woukd have been nicer w/ black or stainless but big deal. Floor plan perfect. The staff was nice enough to honor our request for rooms next door to each other.
My four year old grandson LOVED it here. We are right next door to the activity center. They rented a paddle boat today, you can rent these cool bikes, there is a huge playroom for kids with every board game ever made, Legos, blocks, basketball, etc. there are pool tables, air hockey tables, ping pong, basketball court, beautiful swim pools, hot tubs, trails.
Today we all went over and they had an activity scheduled at the hotel for free where we could hold a 4 foot alligator. My grandson will never forget this. My kids in their 20's went to a beer tasting activity here yesterday.
Great little coffee shop and market.
FYI...yesterday we went to Disney World Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is better than Disneyworld hands down for sure.
Anyway we are going on a cruise in two days and will leave here tomorrow but part of me would almost rather stay here I am enjoying it so much.
I think this was the best choice we could have made. Not one of us have one complaint and we are picky and always stay in nice places, real nice places.

• Stayed November 2012
Villa Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the 4th time that we have exchanged here through Interval International and we have never been disappointed. We are here now, love having the condo, 3 TVs, full kitchen and washer and dryer! I always book here because I know what I am getting. I have stayed at other timeshares in the area and this one is the most consistent, and I like my requested lake view with nightly view of Sea World fireworks. We will be back next time we come to Disney!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Words are not enough to describe the vacation I had with my friends, the surrounding is just amazing, our unit had the golf course view which we enjoyed every morning on the balcony while having our morning coffee, the rooms are spacious and very well equipped.
The hotel is near Disney, universal, and many other Orlando's entertainment parks, but of course your need a car to enjoy it all.
Outlets, supermarkets and great restaurants are just a short drive from the resort.
On site you have many activities to enjoy, swimming pools, water activities, and kids area. Restaurants and a grocery store are also available on site.
So just relax and enjoy your vacation in this amazing resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, gives you privacy and a quiet stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott's Cypress Harbour? Share your experiences!