“Terrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Wauconda, Illinois
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I spent a week at this resort and had nothing but poor service. Unreliable internet service, lights that don.t work, and a customer service group that says they will deal with things and then do nothing.
This is the worst Customer Service I have ever experienced in my life at any level hotel or resort. Comments to the GM went unanswered, In fact I have yet to hear back from the "customer lack of service email" on the Marriott web site.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We are coming off a wonderful vacation at this resort. I knew Marriott would be nice but it was better than expected.

First, the location is great. Its off international drive and onto Westwood which is not a busy street. Across the street is the Marriott Harbour Lake which is where my next vacation will be.

Very nice staff coming through the gate. Once in the lobby, we checked in with Joao. He was very courteous and accomodating for the things I requested. I asked for a high floor (noisey stairs), near a grill, and most importantly, a remodeled room. All that was given. Thanks again Joao.

The resort is beautiful and so was the room. Spacious and colorful. Granite countertops and stainless steel. Huge jacuzzi in master bedroom. 2nd bedroom is a little crowded if using the pull out but worked for my guest.

This was a bday gift for my husband and I through a dinner party with all family and friends for two days. I was so happy that the staff was so accomodating to all the guests that came through the gate. The grill was next to our building and they had charcoal and gas grills. I watched the kids on the playground while grilling.

Amenities were great. Game room, activity center, pizza hut, happy hour, exercise room and on on. All awesome!

I will definitely come back!

• Stayed September 2012
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

While this isn't our favorite Marriott timeshare in Orlando it still is pretty great. The location isn't as favorable as those around the World Center, as it's a little further out. However, the lake is massive and great for relaxing strolls. The pools are definitely up to Marriott standards and absolutely wonderful! Haven't been here in years but can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have just spent 2 weeks at Cypress Harbour and enjoyed every minute. The resort is very peaceful, perfect for a relaxing holiday, but it also offers lots of daily activities for anyone wishing to join in. There are 3 good swimming pools, we used the 'island pool' daily for straight lane swimming, there are plenty of sunbeds available at all of the pools, as well as hot tubs. Our villa was spacious and very clean, exactly as described on the web page. The on site Cypress Spa offered a wide range of treatments for reasonable prices and looked lovely, although i didn't use it myself on this visit. The staff at the resort were all friendly and always on hand to make our holiday extra special, even leaving us a bottle of sparking wine and chocolates in our room when I mentioned that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary on checking in! The resort is well placed for visiting Sea World and the attractions on International Drive, and is on the 'trolley' bus route for those who do not wish to hire a car. Fantastic resort, loved every minute and we'll certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms overlooking the lake have a lovely view and are really peaceful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are on our way home from a 7 night stay at the Marriott Cypress Harbor. I guess in many ways I can be considered a "Disney Snob" because I much prefer to stay in the parks. Disney was offering free dining and once we rented a car, paid for park tickets and our meals there we should have just stayed in the Disney hotels anyway. This hotel was very nice if you weren't visiting Disney but we spent all of our days at the parks so it was a pain for us. The second bedroom was very small once we pulled out the bed for our little ones and the tub (in the master) grossed me out. I am not one to let my kids even sit in public bathtubs but that one especially bothered me with the jets. Overall it was inexpensive to stay there compared to the Grand Floridian that we stayed in last time but we still managed to drop thousands to eat, park, get into the parks and rent a car. It would have only been about 800 more for the convenience of Disney.

• Stayed September 2012
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just spent a week at Cypress Harbour for the sole purpose of a spa week. I have to saw that it was amazing. All my treatments were outstanding and I enjoyed every minute of my relaxing week. The relaxation room and the gardens with private hot tub make this the perfect spa experience. Even had lunch brought to me while relaxing in the Serenity Gardens. Doesn't get much better!!! The activities department at Cypress have done it again. With the addition of a Mixology class, Beer Tasting and Wine tasting and the musical entertainment there was never a dull moment. Cudo's to the General Manager Pam Folliett and her staff for making this resort such a top notch place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a group of girls and try a spa week or weekend here. All rooms are 2 bed/2 bath so plenty of roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DeSoto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Before planning a vacation to this place, I read thro many reviews and thought this was the best place that met our desires. I wasn't disappointed we just got back yesterday, we drove from Dallas area so we left out Thursday afternoon, stayed overnight in Alabama and arrived home Friday afternoon. We thought the resort was very nice and stocked with all necessities, the staff friendly, most of the room was just as the web-page stated. Absolutely no problems at all and queit I'm usually not a person to write a review, but I thought it would hopefully help someone searching like I did for reliable review.

Room Tip: we went at a time right after school was in, so it was quieter. Also we requested a 4th floor instea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Cypress Harbour? Share your experiences!