“Great convenience for cruise or flight next day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9300 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #25 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Toronto, Ontario
“Great convenience for cruise or flight next day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel was a great option for myself and my 4yr old, flying in for Disney cruise next day. We had a particularly turbulent flight and it was nice to just be able to walk across the terminal to our hotel and not have to hop on a shuttle with luggage. So big points for location. Kiosk express check in for pregistered guests eliminated line ups. King suite was large, clean and upscale. The infinity pool and deck is nicely laid-out, elegant yet family friendly. The bottom of the pool felt like the spongy lining was lifting, though I'm not certain as it was night time. Quality of room service and food very good. General customer service professional and attentive. Modern, spacious attractive and conveniently located hotel. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Acornart:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Often, we hear enthusiastic feedback with regards to our convenient location. Having our location in the airport, makes it easy for guests to be in the airport and not worry about rushing to catch a flight. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Orlando!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

1,384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Cobham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

You access this hotel directly from the airport terminal by simply stepping onto the escalator. it whisks you up to another tranquil world. The rooms are big and lovely but to be fair some of the accessories could do with updating - like replacing the tarnished soap dishes. Terrific service form the receptionists and especially the bell boys who next morning took our numerous suitcases all the way directly to our car at the car rental (we walked over first, did all the paperwork, chose a car then came back for the cases). Shame about the bar though. We remembered it from our last trip as an oasis of tranquillity to get over the long flight but they have refurbished it and it is now effectively a sports bar with loads of screens with sound on showing different programmes so the sound of each conflict with all the others. ghastly. no longer relaxing. restaurant on site is only so-so - we were just about to walk out because our food took so long to come but they raced after us and it magically appeared. very average though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear merionvw:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We take pride with your comments with regards to the great customer service provided by our associates. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Orlando.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Airport hotels are very convenient but this one is special because of the service offered by the staff. From check-in, dinner, and most especially the bell service at check-out where they cheerfully took our luggage to Delta for check-in, the staff went out of their way to assist. Kudos to Hyatt for hiring great staff.

• Stayed February 2013
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hello Pib1014,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such great comments concerning our hotel and more importantly, our staff. It is so great to hear when we leave such an impact on our guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff, and especially our bell staff, so that they can be recognized for their great service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The employees that attended to my needs were very pleasant and helpful, except for one. (He may have been having a bad morning.) Since some of the elite rooms were vacant, for a few dollars per night, I got an upgrade to one of their better rooms. Even though the airport was basically all you could see from the patio, it was quite lovely especially at night.

There is a train off the lobby that takes you close to your departure gate. Be careful to pay attention to the gate number of your flight before hopping on the train. These trains go in opposite directions. If your dashing to be on time for your flight, you could miss your flight by getting on the wrong train.

The bathroom had a mirror with a light around it, and one side was magnified. That way you'd look beautiful/handsome as you go out into the world. The one objection I had about that elite bathroom was the odor that permeated the room. I was too tired to be bothered when I first arrived. I just opened the patio door, and went to sleep believing the room would air out. The desk clerk reported it to housekeeping, and they did all they could to solve the problem. The smell must have been in the pipes, because there was nothing visible that would point to the cause. The desk clerk offered me another room, but I was only going to be there one more night. It would have employed too much time and energy on my part. I was there for a conference, and I was only in the room to sleep. I solved the problem by closing the door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bffy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave valuable feedback regarding your stay. I would also like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I would like to apologize with regards to the odor that was in your guestroom. I can assure you that your comments were brought to the attention of our Housekeeping Department so that this was addressed immediately.

I hope that this instance does not deter you from staying with us in the future as we would love to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,
Albuquerque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is located in the airport with great access. Employee's all do a great job and the room was nice. But whatever they use for mattress covers causes the bet to become very warm where you are laying. I finally had to sleep on my pillows to avoid laying in the hot spot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alyssa C, Customer Service at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello LBtravelernm,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful convenience to the airport. I want to apologize for the discomfort you felt while sleeping. I will be sure to pass along this comment to our Executive Housekeeper so that it can be addressed accordingly.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rooms are getting a bit old and will need an upgrade in a few years, but they are still well maintained for a decent stay The location is perfect for catching morning flights as it was right in the airport. No free wifi in rooms but odd in today's age, but you could go down into the terminal. We didn't eat at the hotel as there are food options in the terminal a bit more family friendly

• Stayed February 2013
Hello KGG22,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our convenience. I will be sure to take your comments to the appropriate departments so that we can address these matters prompty. I can tell you that currently we are working on a major internet connectivity update that was started back in September 2012. With a scheduled completetion date of March 2013, all of our guestrooms will have access to both hardwired and wireless high-speed internet.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to Orlando, you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are over 800 reviews of this hotel so far so I won't waste space here reiterating that it's a nice and convenient property. Instead, here are some of the things that I would have liked to have known before our stay and hopefully it may help someone else.

Pros: The hotel is at one end of the shopping/food court area and you enter before going through security, your room key is needed to activate the elevator access to your floor. If you are driving in, see the hotel's website for very good valet and parking directions and costs. Early check-in request was honored (got in to our room at noon on a busy Saturday) and appreciated. TV in room displayed flight gates and status, which was very helpful when getting ready in the hurry for an am flight. Refrigerator was a nice touch (it had 2 expensive waters in it, not a stocked minibar). Service at the McCoy sports-type bar was very good and I highly recommend the $12 Mojito, pricey but worth it.

Cons: Outdoor pool was warm but no hot tub. The pool area was not well-maintained. Wet towels were left on abandoned chairs for hours. It wasn't until about 8 pm that someone came around to clean the pool area.
I made my reservation with AAA free breakfast promotion, however, breakfast service is sit down and starts at 630 am. I advised the front desk that we had a 730 flight so what would they suggest. The woman just shrugged her shoulders and said "you'll can't make it to breakfast then". The 'oh-well' attitude didn't sit well with me. I know it's a AAA promo but could they give even one bagel or muffin to go, or $10 off early room service or some token? So we lost out on that promo.
If you reserve a room with 2 double beds, you will NOT be allowed a rollaway. Even though on my reservation I asked for a rollaway, called and confirmed, and then confirmed a second time with the 'oh-well' lady at the check in desk, it wasn't until I called at 6 at night asking where the roll-away was that I was told they will only put a rollaway in the king size rooms. (Keep in mind this is after the front desk lady said it would be there 'shortly')

Overall, a pleasant stay, and I will be back, hoping some elements of service improve.

Hello KikisDeliveryService,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back in the future. However, I am disappointed that you ran into a few issues. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my apologies. With regards to your breakfast options, I will be sure to follow up with the Front Desk Manager to ensure that our associates are properly trained and willing to assist. Unfortunately, rooms with double beds cannot have rollaways in them as it presents a fire hazard. This too is another opportunity where we can retrain and make sure that proper information is getting to our guests.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations as we look forward to welcoming you back!

Alyssa C.

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!