“Best place to stay after a long flight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9300 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #18 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay after a long flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Flew in from U.K. after a 9 hour flight with 4 tired children and the hotel was heaven-sent! It is actually part of the airport - so convenient. The king size bed is the best hotel bed I have slept in from all my globe trotting. The children had two very large double beds in their one room. Very clean and comfortable. Staff very welcoming. Car rental companies also located in the same complex and so is a Food Court and shopping centre. We all had a very good rest before continuing our journey...

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, ask for a room next to theirs rather than across from them as t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable beds. It's always great to hear you were able to take advantage of our excellent location inside the airport. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chrissi B.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Ulster County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hyatt after a late flight. Everything about our stay was great. There was a line at check-in, but several self-service kiosks were available; I inputed our confirmation number, swiped the credit card and the machine gave us keys WITH clear diections to find our room. Total check-in time, maybe 3 minutes. We brought our luggage up to our room and headed down to McCoy's Bar and Grille, where we were promptly seated, waited on and served. The food choices were good for a late night bar menu, with burgers, pizzas, sandwiches and a vegetarian lentil chili among the choices. I had the vegeterian chili, my husband had a burger, and we were both pleased with our meal. Next, up to our room for a comfortable, quiet and restful sleep. The room was up to Hyatt standards, and we enjoyed our balcony overlooking airport shops and the Christmas tree. In the morning we had an enjoyable breakfast in the Hemisphere Restaurant. The coffee was excellent, and the large carafe left on our table so we could enjoy an extra cup at our leisure. The staff was friendly but not intrusive. Some reviewers have mentioned the proximity to the food court, and in fact the Hyatt is just steps away from the standard fast food restaurants. However, when traveling we try to have as many good and reasonably healthy meals as possible, and the Hyatt's restaurant choices made it easy to do so. Check-out was a snap, then it was a short walk to pick up our rental car.

We fly into Orlando and stay a night three or four times a year, bid on Priceline for our rooms, and have stayed at several of the airport hotels over the past few years. The Hyatt is hands-down our favorite. Although we did get a great rate via Priceline, if we were to book an airport hotel in Orlando in the usual way, the location and convenience of this Hyatt is so good that this is the hotel we would choose.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms. We're pleased to hear you found our McCoy's restaurant offerings delicious. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night to catch an early morning flight. Very nice room. Can't beat the location. From room to gate in about 15-20 mins. Only complaint would be no savings on parking. You pay normal MCO rates....

• Stayed December 2012
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed staying in our comfortable rooms. It's great to hear you were able to take advantage of our great location. We do offer discounted rates on parking while you are staying at our hotel. In order to get the discount you must charge it to your hotel room. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Hotel is such a comfortable and convenient hotel! I will never lose sleep for an early flight again! My room was classy, view was amazing, and my overall stay was exceptional. The grounds of the hotel are very clean and comfortable. From the moment I checked in until checking out the next morning, every staff member I spoke with was kind and friendly. The restaurant has some pretty delicious pizzas. While inquiring as to things to see, the host at the restaurant recommended that I walk out to the parking garage, take the elevator up to the rooftop helicopter landing pad and check out the view of the surrounding airport. It was awesome! I just stood there watching the planes taking off and landing. The pool was clean, and the workout room was as well; it was also well-equipped with an assortment of machines and weights. I hit the jackpot when I booked a "Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel" hours before traveling to Orlando and found out I was actually staying at the airport! I'll definitely stay here again and recommend it to all of my friends!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to provide such a wonderful review. It’s always a pleasure to read when our guests have a terrific experience. I’m glad that you found the service to be excellent and your room to be very comfortable. I’ll be sure to share your kind words with our staff letting them know you found their service to be very friendly and helpful. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property on your next visit to Orlando!

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I planned to stay at another hotel because it was cheaper, let's just say we got really cheap service as well. So we cancelled that reservation and walked up to Hyatt to see if any rooms were available. We had excellent service at the front desk, they were very friendly and quick! They gave us a beautiful room (with a great view of the runway) at a wonderful price! I would highly recommend staying here and we plan to stay there again next time we are in Orlando!!
There was no continental breakfast at Hyatt, (there was a breakfast at our previously reserved hotel) but we paid for the buffet and it is worth it, very good and again, great service!!
Hyatt was clean and convenient!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our property. I’m delighted that you and your husband had a great stay at our property. It sounds like from the moment you arrived you were greeted by our friendly and helpful staff. We want to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I look forward to your return in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here after a flight from England. It is wonderful to be able to collect ones luggage and walk straight to the hotel. The staff were helpful and the room, overlooking the airport, was clean, comfortable and well equipped. We had a welcome drink at the bar looking at the beautiful Christmas tree on the airport concourse. We collected our hire car the following morning before driving to northern Florida. The only minor criticism I have is the WIFI situation,mentioned by previous reviewers. It is not a big issue for us as we are not business travellers, but it is good to be able to contact family. Hotels we stayed in of a similar standard, in Asia and Australia have hotel WIFI with a password provided when you check in. That having been said, we'll be back next year.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I’m thrilled that we were able to welcome you back to our property for a third time! I appreciate your feedback regarding the service. It’s great to read that the staff you encountered was very friendly and helpful. Your continued loyalty is our biggest compliment. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future!

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a wonderful property to stay at Pre Flight for long flights to the west and east. Living nearby in Ocala, FL we always come down and stay the night before. This time was no different. As a Travel Agent who visits Hawaii 1-2 times a year we utilize the Hyatt to be at the airport for our early morning departures for Seattle. The rooms and staff are great, my issue with Hyatt is the loyalty program. I am loyal to hotels based on their loyalty program and in this instance I didn't get credit for the 1 night stay because I booked a Travel Agent rate and not a full rack rate through Hyatt. Only needing 2 stays to become Platinum I was willing to stay at a Hyatt before the end of the year had they given me credit. But Hyatt Passport said NO I get no credit for the money spent or for the stay.

Marriott where I'm staying at now in Seattle on a misconnect gives me credit no matter what rate I am booked under and so does Hilton, Sheraton and other hotels. I have never heard of such a thing not getting credit for a stay because I booked an ineligible rate.

So this is a warning to travelers who value getting credit for your stays don't use Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity or even a wholesaler because you won't get credit for your stay towards your loyalty level. Hyatt should rethink this particularly odd policy. As this policy has caused me to now book with Marriott in 2013 since I am already a high level reward member I don't have to jump through hoops like I do with Hyatt.

Otherwise the hotel and staff are great just not getting credit which is valuable to me is the reason I won't be back to the Hyatt. I'll stay at the Marriott off property and utilize their park and fly service instead of staying inside the airport.

Room Tip: Set up your luggage assistance online or call ahead and make sure they have your airline information...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear OCALAFLORIDATRAVELER:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed being directly inside the airport. Our location makes guest travel very convenient.

We understand your frustration with regards to your Hyatt Gold Passport Tier qualification. We will be happy to speak with you directly about this. Feel free to contact me directly, as I'm happy to assist you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!