“Literally inside the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

You added Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9300 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Literally inside the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is literally inside the airport. I flew in very late at night on a business trip, so it was very convenient to get my luggage from baggage claim and take an elevator up to the hotel. I didn't even have to step outside. In the morning, I took the elevator back down to the airport terminal and got my rental car. So I got to save a day on the rental car expense since I was staying literally in the airport. All super convenient. The hotel itself was very nice and I was happy with the room/service/room service. The front desk staff were super friendly. I had worried about airport noise/plane noise but I heard nothing from inside my room, so I was pleasantly surprised about how quite my room was.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked the Hyatt Regency for the first night of our Orlando trip on the basis that after flying from for 17+ hours, the closer our bed for the night, the better. When our flight was then delayed by several hours, we were so relieved to find that the hotel was just a short walk from the baggage carousel, actually within the terminal.

Check-in, though after midnight, was swift and efficient. The room was pleasant and clean, though not exactly spacious for a 2 bed room and quiet. We had booked a basic room on the basis that we were unlikely to do much but sleep, shower and dress in it and we turned out to be right. I'm afraid I don't remember very much about the room except how pleased I was to be getting into shower (bathroom very clean) and the bed (also spotless). On checking out, the receptionist kindly gave us the bottle of water we had taken from the mini-bar as a comp. She also arranged for a hotel porter to show us to the car rental office and take care of our luggage. We really appreciated not having to lug cases halfway across an unfamiliar airport.

Being able to get some decent sleep really helped get us back on our feet after the horrendously long flight and make good progress overcoming our jet lag. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone with an early flight out or late flight in to Orlando.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last month and after a red-eye flight from the west coast, we found the location to be PERFECT--you could literally walk from your arrival gate to the front desk to your room...all in about 10 minutes or so. I appreciated the fact that they did have a room available for us even though it was before noon. When we arrived at our room, the maid was just finishing up the cleaning. The room itself was well-appointed, comfortable, and clean (except for the bucket of empty liquor bottles that was left on the floor). If you enjoy people watching there was a nice balcony that looked out over the inside of the airport terminal. We both enjoyed the ability to quickly grab food from the airport food court downstairs. The rooftop pool area was a nice place to sit, have lunch, and cool off during a swim....how often can you go swimming in the middle of a busy airport?? :)

Although I am a Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum member, there seemed to be little to no recognition of elite status at this hotel so don't expect a room upgrade if you are an elite member (we received a standard room on one of the lower floors). I know this is the fault of the Gold Passport program, not this particular hotel, but I have always thought it was strange that Hyatt does not provide elite members with at least a complimentary continental breakfast like they do for Hilton Gold elites at Hilton hotels.

Over-all, this hotel met our needs perfectly and we do plan to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you enjoy watching airplanes, ask for an outside facing room (which is what we are going to do ne...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently stayed here using Hyatt points following our WDW vacation. We had a 7am flight, so we decided to spend the last night at the airport. The hotel is beautiful. We didn't see much except for the lobby and our room, but the the room was very luxurious and comfortable. It was a welcome sense of normalcy after 10 days surrounded by Disney. In the morning, we literally took the elevator down and walked right to security. Couldn't have been easier!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience at our property. It’s great to hear that we were able to make for a relaxing stay before your early morning flight. I’m pleased that you found your room to be very luxurious and comfortable. We want our guests to have a positive experience. I hope that we can welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Montague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just completed a 3 night stay for business. Initially, I was disappointed that I was booked at an airport hotel, but I am now so pleased with this excellent choice of accommodation. The staff at all encounters were welcoming, gracious and helpful, even by telephone. A small conference room was perfect for our business needs. The restaurant menu, flood and service were excellent. The view of the sun rising over the airport runway was lovely. It was not at all noisy with the patio doors closed, despite planes landing and taking off constantly. The pool was the perfect temperature and the atmosphere poolside was very relaxing. My colleagues enjoyed the fitness room. I would definitely return to this hotel and seek this brand in another city.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the airport runways. Take time to enjoy the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Markey2:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the room accommodations and service provided by our employees. We pride ourselves with the fantastic customer service and our associates will be recognized for the great service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back with us again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Aylesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived at the hotel after a long flight and found the staff extremely efficient and welcoming. The room was of a good standard and comfortable. We ate at McCoys and were really impressed by both the staff and the food. We only stayed one night, but it really was a good way to get our trip off to a great start and get some relaxation before picking up our hire car and moving on to the rest of our vacation. If we ever visit Orlando again, we'd do the same thing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It is fantastic to read that you had a great start to your vacation at our property. I’m glad that from the moment you arrived from your flight you found the staff to be extremely efficient and welcoming. It sounds like you really enjoyed your room. It’s great to hear that you were able to experience our restaurant McCoy’s. They have great service along with delicious food options. I look forward to your return on your next visit to Orlando!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had a business conference at the Orlando Airport in Setember 2012. Based on location, I chose the Hyatt Regency located in the airport terminal. I couldn't have been happier; nice rooms, friendly staff and very convenient. I would definitely stay here again if the situation allows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport? Share your experiences!