“Horrible End of a Long Drive” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6603 International Drive, I-4 exit 74A, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #264 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Richmond
“Horrible End of a Long Drive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were twice told to pay a pet fee for our service dog who is clearly marked at all times. Not only is this offensive, it is completely illegal. The rooms were dingy, damaged and dirty. The bottom of my three year old's feet were black just from crossing the room. The bedding had holes in it, the tile was grimy and the walls had scratches and dings. The people next door tried continuously to open the lock adjoining door even after being told to stop. The first gentleman we spoke with was very nice, even though he claimed we had not paid for our reservation and we had to show him email confirmation to make him believe us. The second person was rude, condescending and incredibly difficult. A letter will be sent to headquarters about this situation.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Shamir P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
My name is Laurent Manager at the hotel
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team
I am certainly disapointed that your stay was not all that it could have been

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The rugs and curtains where dirty and the room smelled very nasty. Also when you turn on the water on the shower it came out brown.The ice machine in the building I stay was out of order. The price is good, but the condition is horrible!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shamir P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvnience
We did have some renovations done in your building for the water,
that may be why the water was not really clear at this time but now everything is better
if you feel you would like to give us another chance please contact me at the hotel.
My name is Laurent, Manager at the hotel
thank you and have a nice day.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Never again I will stay there, first of all it smelled nasty in that room nasty curtains don't even close all the way you could hear everything outside, when I turn the water on to shower and the water was brown and nasty, the pillows were extremely horrible pricing is good but is not worth staying in a nasty hotel like that this is the 2nd time I stay there and I have learn my lesson never again. NASTY HOTEL DON'T RECOMMEND IT FOR NO ONE

• Stayed February 2013
Shamir P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest
I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team
Limburgerhof
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

a clean motel in a good location with quiet rooms.Staff recommended easy and cheep
bus connection to Seaworld (Seniors only 25 ct)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback
Willemstad, Curacao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here last week (feb 2013). it was clean, located centraly and a lot of parking space.
you have to get you own breakfast, it was tea-coffee-juice-bread-jam-cheese -oatmeal-orange.
I could stay again!

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback
MEMPHIS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The room we stayed in was so gross that I would have rather slept in my car. We only stayed in the room for about 6 hours (2am to 8am) bc our vacation condo wasnt ready for check in until the next day but if we had've stayed here longer I would've demanded a refund. The room was filthy, the pillows were LUMPY! (Think sleeping on a cushioned egg carton). The tub was black and brown with caked on dirt. Luckily we only paid $40 for this room but that's $39 too much if you ask me. (they charged my card at midnight the day of check-in too- didnt even wait for us to get there) However, the front desk guy was SO nice! I didn't catch his name but he was so friendly and informative and super nice. Definitely won't be coming back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shamir P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel
I would like to apologize for your stay
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel really needs some fixing up, chunks missing out of some of the carpets in the hall, some of the stones with room numbers are cracked and missing. Doesn't seem as though the room was cleaned very well at all, there were tiny dead bugs all over the carpet by the air conditioner and around the bottom of the bed, the baseboards in the bathroom haven't been cleaned in a while and the floor around the toilet had hair all over it. The night club is extremely loud! If it weren't for the fact that my husband, myself and two small children had been driving for an extended period of time, coupled with there being no vacancies at any of the surrounding accommodations we would NOT have stayed here!

Room Tip: You won't find a good one here.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shamir P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest
I would like to apologize for your stay was not why you expect
if you like to give us a another chance i be happy to give you a discount

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!