I stayed at the Clarion from May 31st thru June 8th. As a hotelier (I am a front office manager at a large hotel) I would like to share my views from this perspective.
The hotel itself has an EXCELLENT location, and is well kept. The rooms are well maintained, and I would like to compliment the housekeeper who made my room during my week stay - it was very well done.
Some things turned me down about this hotel, and some are simply comments:
- I came from Brazil for a week long trip to Orlando, and my parents and sister who live in Cincinnati checked in on the day after me to spend the week along. At check-in I asked this gentleman if he could place a gift I got for my parents inside their guest room before arrival. He told me to look for him the next day. I did, but there was a woman at the desk instead. She said it'd be hard because the hotel was full, and it would be unpredictable if they could do this. Well, the hotel can be full... but this is not something HUGE or anything so hard to do... I even told her the time they were checking in, approximately. Anyway, she at least took the gift to give it to them at check-in (she did, thank you), but the surprise was not as big as I wanted it to be. Could've gone an extra mile for a guest.
- The gentleman who is the night auditor is efficient, but could loosen up a little bit. I was a little scared to speak to him... very harsh looking. I passed the desk several times, never looked up to say good evening (I tried to though...).
- I saw this front office person smoking outside. What??? Yes I did. Sorry, you can have your cigarette break, but please, do it away from customers. Not professional AT ALL. Along with that, I saw this woman chewing gum. Again, this is a Clarion. Not an Econolodge.
- Breakfast and bar people were AWESOME - this black lady and this indian gentleman. Complimentary breakfast was OK, and the price for the American buffet as well.
- The pool is well kept. Good job.
- Wifi connection is OKAY, depending on where you are in the hotel. If your room is in the back aisles, you are done. The signal is weak. Using an iPad or iPhone is almost impossible.
Overall, I like the hotel and would definetely come back. I hope the management takes these comments as positive with room for improvement, and compliments the right people.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Clarion Inn And Suites At International Drive
- Clarion At International Drive
- Clarion Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Howard Johnson