“Good hotel; service can be improved.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive

You added Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9956 Hawaiian Court, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Howard Johnson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #242 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good hotel; service can be improved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Clarion from May 31st thru June 8th. As a hotelier (I am a front office manager at a large hotel) I would like to share my views from this perspective.

The hotel itself has an EXCELLENT location, and is well kept. The rooms are well maintained, and I would like to compliment the housekeeper who made my room during my week stay - it was very well done.

Some things turned me down about this hotel, and some are simply comments:

- I came from Brazil for a week long trip to Orlando, and my parents and sister who live in Cincinnati checked in on the day after me to spend the week along. At check-in I asked this gentleman if he could place a gift I got for my parents inside their guest room before arrival. He told me to look for him the next day. I did, but there was a woman at the desk instead. She said it'd be hard because the hotel was full, and it would be unpredictable if they could do this. Well, the hotel can be full... but this is not something HUGE or anything so hard to do... I even told her the time they were checking in, approximately. Anyway, she at least took the gift to give it to them at check-in (she did, thank you), but the surprise was not as big as I wanted it to be. Could've gone an extra mile for a guest.

- The gentleman who is the night auditor is efficient, but could loosen up a little bit. I was a little scared to speak to him... very harsh looking. I passed the desk several times, never looked up to say good evening (I tried to though...).

- I saw this front office person smoking outside. What??? Yes I did. Sorry, you can have your cigarette break, but please, do it away from customers. Not professional AT ALL. Along with that, I saw this woman chewing gum. Again, this is a Clarion. Not an Econolodge.

- Breakfast and bar people were AWESOME - this black lady and this indian gentleman. Complimentary breakfast was OK, and the price for the American buffet as well.

- The pool is well kept. Good job.

- Wifi connection is OKAY, depending on where you are in the hotel. If your room is in the back aisles, you are done. The signal is weak. Using an iPad or iPhone is almost impossible.

Overall, I like the hotel and would definetely come back. I hope the management takes these comments as positive with room for improvement, and compliments the right people.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the front desk. Wifi signal is better.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tuscany - Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stay here 10 days for a conference. It's ideally near to the OCCC (Orange County Convention Center). We reach the convention by 3 minutes walking.
Every shuttle connection for ALL the Orlando park stop just outside the hotel.
The room are large and confortable. Clean. The air conditioned is lightly noisy.
In my opinion it have an high value per price compared to other hotel in the same zone.

Room Tip: They have normal room or suite, the suite have a small microwave and fridge. plus a separate room wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here last summer with my husband and daughter and was pleasantly surprised!this is not a five star luxury hotel and the room rates reflect that!like us if you are a family on a budget this is the place for you!free wifi breakfast and shuttle buses to Disney and universal there is a pool it's relatively clean rooms a reasonable size and located right beside a bus stop on international drive!if you are coming here to explore the parks and go shopping then all you need is a basic hotel and this is it!we where only ever here to sleep cool off in the pool at night and get some simple breakfast.if you want a bigger breakfast there is an ihop and McDonald's close by.yes the shuttle buses are always full but it's free and better than finding your own way!good for people who are having their first stay in Orlando!perfect for us but if you are wanting something fancy or are planning on spending alot of time in your hotel then this is not for you

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roundfort, Mayo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here 2wks ago with my 13yr old son and it was like a breath of fresh air. The room was great, really spacious and clean the houskeeping was second to none.They even folded my sons clothes and put them on the end of his bed.. The location is great, 2 minutes to shops and resturantes. I-Ride trolly stop is 100 yrds from hotel, which will take you up and down international drive, seaworld, aquatica and shopping malls. There shuttle services that the hotel provides is great. picks you up at the door and even gives you a choice of times to be collected.(ask at reception for shuttle schedule.) The continental breakfast is free, so no complaints there either. The staff were amazing. great fun, friendly and so helpful.. So a big thank you to you all for making our holiday so amazing... when in florida wouldnt stay anywere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights in this hotel at a cost of €55 per night and I am rating my experience based upon this.

The location is a ten min drive to both Universal's and Wet and Wild. They also offer a free shuttle, however it departs at 11.30am and meanders through about six hotels on the way. If you can drive I would recommend it.

The rooms are great and offer a nice TV and large double beds. Staff are polite and attentive. The breakfast is free if you want sliced apple, muffins, cereal and a drink. If you would like cooked food you can charge it to your room. The pool is nice and quite quiet. There's free parking and plenty of space. The gym has a number of cardio machines and some very basic weight machines.

Bottom line? If you're hitting the theme parks, looking for a great location and on a budget this is the place for you. If you have more expensive tastes then there's a Hilton right across the road.

Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The room was dingy looking, they need to improve the quality of furniture. Continental Breakfast, was poor. Not much to choose from and if you wanted eggs, bacon etc, OJ or any juice you had to pay. Pool always had leaves in it, not inviting. Would not recommend. And yes, no elevators for 2nd floor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here last month.
Our room was on the second floor.....had to lug the cases upstairs as I never did find an elevator.
The carpets in the hallways to the rooms were stained.
As we reached our room the housekeepers cart was at the door of the opposite room. On the cart was a note pad that listed "Rooms with mildew" and "Rooms that smell of mold". While on the one hand I was relieved not to find our room listed it hardly gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Nothing really felt clean after that.

Convenient for the Convention Center and The Pointe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites At International Drive? Share your experiences!