“Two Time Visitors” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #218 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Mississauga
“Two Time Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel at the beginning and end of our holiday in Florida. The front desk people were very nice and friendly. The continental hot breakfast was amazing. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the building were very nice, they looked on to a group of trees.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Donald M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. WEuse these comments to improve our service and hospitality.

I am especially thankful for your comments regarding our breakfast. We have invested a lot of time in coming up with different presentations to appeal to ur guests.

Your comments have been shared with our associates and it had a very positive effect on them.

Donald Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saranac Lake, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Chose this hotel due to it being Comfort Suites and between Orlando and Sanford airport. Was very disappointed. Very old and run down. "Suite" was very small. Staff was very nice, but it is in a very bad area. It appears to be home to migrant workers, not travelling families or business people. Air conditioner did not work well. In general not a very comfortable or welcoming hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations especiaaly in areas we do control.

Our mix of guests range from department supervisors, religious groups, contractors and sports teams.

Whie the area appears to be sketchy the reality is this is a safe neighborhood

Than you again for your comments and I will definitelllly share them with our staff.

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My family and I attended a concert in the Orlando area recently and I had enough reward points for this hotel so this is where we decided to stay.
After booking I was a little leary with some things I read on Trip Advisor but we decided to stay anyway and make our own decision.
My opinion is not really good nor bad. If I had paid full price I would not be happy but because it was free it was ok.
The hotel is currently being remodeled and maybe when it's done I would stay again but not right now.
This hotel provides limited breakfast, coffee(lobby & in room), frig/micro, comfortable mattress, flat screen TV, hair dryer, and alarm clock.
When we returned from our concert the parking lot was full and people had even parked in places that stated no parking. The area after dark is a less desirable area and I did not feel comfortable. Traffic was really heavy about 5pm and making a u-turn was the only way to reach the parking area. These things, no amount of remodeling can fix.
The hotel did have an older building musty smell. The staff at check in was nice. The male working the evening shift not rude but not friendly either. During the day the room never got cool even with the a/c running and this was January so I defintely would not be happy during the hot Florida summer months. At night in Florida in winter it does cool down some and a blanket would of been nice on the bed but blankets are not standard and you have to request one. By the time we discovered this we were already in evening attire and it was very late so we just did without though from what I read they do provide a blanket if requested. Only sheets and a bed spread are standard at this hotel and we never use a bed spread in any hotel for personal reasons.
When the remodeling is complete I think this will once again be a nice place to stay but for now I would pick a different location for my family and I.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is clear that we did meet your expectations and for that I sincerely apologize.

Your constructive and detailed comments have been shared with all the hotel associates and many helpful suggestions to correct these issues came out of this.

Than you again for your help and hopefully you give us a second chance at taking care of your hotel accommodations.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here Jan 2013 because this hotel required a minimum amount of points for free stay on choice privileges.

Everything worked out good. The desk attendant was very warm and accomodated my concern of getting me into one of the rooms that doesnt allow pets.

The room, though older-decorated, was extremely clean. A clean room is my number one concern and this hotel met that expectation. Ive had bad experiences at other hotels and I always check underneath bed, headboard area, etc. I did not find any of the 'nasties' you hear about. Everything thing was clean, bug-free, etc.

The only things preventing me from rating it higher is its location is not really walkable to anything (its actually about 3 miles north of winter park) and the older fixtures / dated nature of the hotel.

Also be aware people drive like absolute crap on I-4. Im talking about there's always some jack trying to do 110+ MPH weaving in and out of bumper-to-bumper traffic, passing on the right, using exit/ emergency lanes to pass (when the highways packed and no-one is going anywhere anyways).

That said, I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. Positive reviews such as yours are a valuable traing tool and help us to improve our service.

We know you have many other choices for your traveling needs so having a clean,well run hotel combined with a friendly skilled staf will have you staying with us whenever you return to Orlando.

Bayamon, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights.The room was comfortable, spacious and clean.The hotel offers free buffet breakfast that was very good and the attendant Noelia was very helpfull and friendly.The location was somewhat near of stores, restaurants and malls.It was easy to get around the hotel and the surroundings.The lighting at the parking was very good at night so you feel secure getting out at night.The front desk attendants were always helpful every time we contact them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Donald M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for not responding in a timely fashion. Thank you very much for the complimentary review of our hotel and especially our hard working dedicated staff.

Reviews such as yours are an important tool in our training program. Our staff realize you have numerous lodging choices and we want to remember us in a positive manner.

Our goal is to be the standard by which our guests use to judge other hotels.

Than you again and please consider us your home in Orlando.

Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Well first off the staff was really great.. we were originally staying at this hotel for a concert for one night at the last min we decided to add a extra day, when I called to extend our stay the woman I spoke to was really friendly, she added on the extra day and gave us the same rate that we were already paying for which was nice b/c the room rate actually had gone up about $10/$15. The hotel it’s self is a bit older and rooms could be updated but it was clean and looked like they were in the process of updating the rooms. I’m pretty sure they didn’t have pool. Our room was bigger then most hotels rooms, it was basic bed, bath, flat screen TV and a small desk. No fridge in the room so bring a cooler if you want cold drinks. Also they only had one ice machine on the first floor..They do provide a hot breakfast that consists of Bacon, Eggs, Sausage, Biscuits, Sausage Gravy, muffin’s, waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs ,coffee, juices, and breakfast burrito’s that you can heat in the microwave. So all in all that was a nice surprise, the hotel it about 2 seconds from I-4 which is very convenient, and even though you’re close to the interstate we didn’t hear any of the traffic. We would stay here again if we were in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Your review of our hotel is most appreciated and is an excellant tool in our traing process.

We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we are confident in our ability to accomplish this.

Your commensts regarding our breakfast are especially appreciated as we have invested a lot of time coming up with a series of presentations the give our a guest a wide variety.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night. We were told it was in a less than desirable section of town. However, we were pleasantly surprised. It looked bright, clean, and well- run. It is in the process of renovation so it's hard to get an accurate picture of its actual ambience, but for a short stay where you don't spend much time in the hotel, it was a good value. The rooms were a bit noisy, but maybe largely in part due to the holiday weekend when we stayed. Breakfast was plentiful, and the staff courteous and helpful. I would stay again

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review ur hotel. your positive comments will be shared with the associates.

We counteously strive to improve our service and exceed the expectations of our guests.

Your comments regarding our full hot breakfast are most appreciated and It was my pleasure to share your comments at our weekly staff meeting.

Donald Miller

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area? Share your experiences!