“Better than I expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
RATES FROM $139/NIGHT!
Ranked #158 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
San Francisco, California
“Better than I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was nervous about staying here after reading many reviews ahead of our visit but I was pleasantly surprised! Here are my pros/cons:

Pros:
-Beautiful lobby/atrium which was a great place to sit in between meals, etc.
-We were allowed to check-in 2 hours early without any hassle
-The suites are very spacious, comfortable, and VERY clean
-Nice view from our room, which faced I-drive
-Small amount of noise from bars that are way across a 4-lane street (I-drive); not bothersome at all and I'm a light sleeper
-Wonderful, plush beds
-Housekeeping cleaned our room early every day and did an excellent job
-Nice having a separate living area from the bedroom for family members to spread out
-Sink and vanity in every room
-Fridge and microwave saved money on food (we were able to eat restaurant leftovers, etc)
-EXCELLENT and generous breakfast included every morning! We LOVED it!
-Free cocktails and snacks every evening in the lobby
-4 fast elevators; never waited more than a minute for an elevator
-Lobby renovations were being completed the day we checked in so it's obvious they're in the process of updating their décor
-Indoor and outdoor pools were so much fun and very clean; kids and adults really enjoyed!
-Store in the lobby has everything! And, they're open from 7 am-midnight every day
-I-trolley shuttle stop is right outside the hotel and very convenient to ride
-Excellent location along I-drive with every restaurant imaginable within walking distance
-Every single staff member was courteous, friendly, and helpful. We really felt welcome.

Cons:
-Room décor is outdated and the couch is not comfortable (but who cares, we weren't signing a lease)

-No airport shuttle; you could take the bus(es), I guess, but we chose a taxicab for convenience and it was $50 each way

-It was a little awkward to have those windows in the front of the room where people could see into each other's rooms while walking by

Overall, I am so glad we stayed here. I would DEFINITELY stay here again! We did not have any issues with hot water, waiting for elevators, or excessive noise as several other reviews mention. We all had very hot water immediately for showers and our stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: Highly recommend ROOM 635. It faces I-Drive and it's in the corner away from vending machines an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although the hotel is currently being refurbished (the lobby was completed while we were there), the rooms, while obviously needing an overhaul, are spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff are without exception friendly and helpful and the facilities such as the indoor and outdoor pools ensure kids can amuse themselves quite happily while taking a break from the theme parks. When not dining out, a perfectly good meal (and drink) can be had at the Fisheye Grill, in addition to the Manager's Reception when free drinks and nibbles are served each evening from 5:30 to 7:30. There are also free shuttles to all of the local theme parks, including Disney. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Topeka, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The staff was very courteous and competent. I was late for breakfast one morning and they re-opened the kitchen to serve me. Any problems I had with the room were taken care of promptly. Maid service was thorough. Concierge was knowledgeable and helpful. However- the room had definitely been around the block a few times. There was a leak in the building, and the hot water kept being shut off (and then not turned back on). My room smelled a bit stale. The hotel is in walking distance of tons of great restaurants, bars, and shopping. You can walk to the conference center, or take a short bus ride there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a convention and traveling with the family. I have stayed here before. You can't beat the location on I Drive, many restaurants and attractions are walkable. Lobby renovation was completed during my visit, looked very nice. This is the older style Embassy with the large interior courtyard in the center. I love the look of it, very old Florida style, Typical breakfast and managers reception, which was greatly appreciated. The rooms are very spacious and slept my family of five easily. Housekeeping was very friendly and accommodate my wife request to makeup the room early so the baby could nap.
The ticket/concierge desk is a great convenience and offered great recommendations and coupons.
A few negatives... The AC doesn't push enough air to the bedroom when doors are closed. Wi-Fi is not free, which is ridiculous now a days. We requested help with bags and he never showed up. The in hotel restaurant is very slow and rather expensive.
Room furniture is fine and clean. No issues there.
Overall we had a fine stay. If you get this place at a good rate, go for it. You can't beat the location. However if the rate is high there are other nearby hotels that may be a bit nicer. I

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Estero, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Love embassy suites. I prefer to stay at any embassy suites hotel, because of their free cooked to order breakfast, and evening reception. Ive stayed in other hilton hotels and Embassy is far the best out of all of them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Bempton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This has always been my favourite hotel to stay over the years but this time it has gone down hill. The lobby entrance is undergoing a facelift, I don't why it was one thing I liked about it when you walked in. I booked a premier suite nothing special about it other than a better coffee maker access to unlimited snacks and free wi fi. which I had to ask for the code as it was not given to me at the time of check in. Very noisy room by the road. One of the staff did advise me the rooms are going to be upgraded next year. Breakfast was average. Its centrally located on International drive and convenient for restaurants, mini golf, shopping etc

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Walnut Creek, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hotel was ok at best. Very outdated for an embassy suites. I have always been happy staying at the embassy, but this time it was just average. I recommend staying at the embassy down the street which seems much newer. Not worth the price we paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Address: 8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#98 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#118 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.