You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #158 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Cold Spring, United States
“Embassy Suites”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel needs to be update, dirty old furniture in rooms, walls were dirty bathroom has mold around tub and 20 coats of paint. Looking out my window was a wall could see nothing but the wall. Need more security lights in the back parking lot. need to pick up the trash on the ground around the building. Hotel has a great location but needs some care and cleaning

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nice hotel. Not the best, but much nicer than the average hotel in the Orlando area. The main difference I noted is the attentiveness of the staff. They were great and quickly worked to resolve any problems encountered.

Lecanto, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great place to stay while in Orlando. Relaxing hotel with many accomodations. We will definetly be back to stay there. The location is perfect with so much to do around the hotel for kids and adults. Made it easy to buy tickets for attractions right in the lobby.

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I can't say enough positive things about this hotel. Stayed here hoping for a good night's sleep before taking the auto train. Room was extremely spacious and up to what we expect from Embassy Suites. There was even a dressing-room area sink in the bedroom area, which was a nice touch (this in addition to the sink in the bathroom). Room was spotless, bed was very comfortable. Best part was we could walk to shops across the street - was nice not to have to get in the car and drive someplace, that we could go for a walk and relax. I would HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel!

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Like Maria R, we too had booked another hotel, but had to check out immediately and find another hotel. As it was very late on a Sunday night (with jet lag, children and tears!) we drove round I'Drive and chose this one to try. From the minute we walked in, the experience was flawless. The lady on reception let me view the room before deciding as she realised our previous hotel had upset us so much. The room was lovely - separate bedroom with King size bed, and lounge with sofa bed for our son. There was a useful fridge and microwave and a desk for working. There was also an extra sink/vanity area in the main bedroom. The whole place was spotlessly clean and well laid out, with a lovely atrium design in the centre which doubled as the restaurant, with lots of plants and water features. The room was serviced well with some maids even leaving "swans" (towels) on our beds each day. The Reception staff were attentive and friendly every time we needed their help or advice. The complimentary buffet breakfast was above the usual standard we had had previous in Orlando, with certain foods cooked to order. There was also a Managers Reception each day (5.30-7.30pm) with free drinks and snacks. The valets/door men were available 24 hours with a smile and helpful advice on directions etc - and even finding tools to fix my son's skateboard! As another traveller says - for a large chain hotel, we were treated as if it was a small friendly resort, with extra attention to detail. If I had to be totally honest over minor niggles - and they are very minor - I agree with another review about the 'avocado' soap not being the best smelling; we would have loved a kettle in the room and not a coffee machine (but this has been the same niggle in every American hotel!!), and we would have loved the bar to have served Starbucks coffee prior to 11am! I would also have loved to have had some firmer pillows. As I say - these are extremely minor niggles and in no way affected our overall excellent experience. We will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the front (main road) with no view - it was behind the flags/portico that you see on...
Charlevoix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Nothing terribly wrong with this place, just nothing exceptional either. Elevators are quite slow and granted, I'm not very patient! Breakfast didn't include oatmeal the first day and no one seemed to find that a problem. Toilet seat would barely stay on the toilet in my room. The bathroom had only one switch that controlled the light and a very loud fan. Luckily there was a sink in the sleeping room so I could shave and get ready without the annoying fan rolling all the time. I was here on business but I don't think my family would have enjoyed the pool very much- mainly because its not very large and enclosed on the side of the building and didn't get Florida sun late in the day. All in all there was just nothing remarkable to me about the accommodations.

Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My new husband and I were in Orlando for our honeymoon and we had booked a room at another hotel. The experience there was so horrible that we had to check out and find another place to stay. After driving International Drive for several hours we happened up on the Embassy Suites. We went in and we were greeted by Danielle at the front desk. I explained to her in tears the situation we were in and asked her if they had any rooms available. She told me there were several and we were given a king size room. She was very pleasant, very helpful and she made things much easier. When we checked in the room was amazing and the view, even though it was of I-4 was gorgoeus as there was a lake and trees and being that we were on the 8th floor it was stunning. We left to have some lunch and look around and try and relax from the previous nightmare we had experienced. When we came back into the room we found a handwritten note from Danielle with a chilled bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries. I can't tell you the meaning behind that simple gesture. Just that she took the time to do that and take that extra step was so wonderful. It made the trip worth it and made us want to come back. Everything about the hotel was amazing from the room. to the service to the managers cocktail hour to the breakfast. Thank you for turning a horrible honeymoon into an amazing night.

Room Tip: Even though they tell you the room is facing I-4 you can barely hear the noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Address: 8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#100 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#113 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.