“This property should have been condemned 10 years ago” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save With AAA Rates!
Ranked #172 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
McKinney, Texas
“This property should have been condemned 10 years ago”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is one of the oldest and nastiest properties i have stayed at. The rooms are musty, worn carpets, furniture from the 70's and only 1 of 4 elevators functioning during spring break. The breakfast is most probably the best part of this property. My suggestion is to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: To get a choose a good room go to The Westin instead
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
B_Friedrich, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking this opportunity to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the issues you experienced. While one of the elevators was out of service as part of a planned modernization project, there was a day in which we had 2 more elevators out of service due to technical difficulties. I am happy to say that the challenges were resolved and we have not had a reoccurrence. In regards to the condition of your guest room, I can assure you that the description and pictures you posted are not indicative of the majority of our rooms. I have asked the team to try and find your room based on the picture of the carpet with a small tear. It is clear that we need to sand and stain the bathroom shelving and also replace the carpet in that room. If you are willing, I would love to speak more to you about your stay and I may be reached via phone at (407) 581-4301 or via email at william.friedrich@hilton.com.

Bill Friedrich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ok, I'll make a compliment sandwich here.

The staff was really nice. The location was superb.

The rooms were seriously ghetto. There was a random pipe leaking cold water directly on my head my during my shower! I'm pretty sure it was clean, but...honestly.
Most importantly, the blinds in the room do not close all the way. Do you like to walk around in the buff while getting ready in the morning? Share that with everybody that walks by your room! My husband had the good sense to use some duct tape he brought to tape the blinds closed.
There were some stains on the furniture.
When we left,2 out of the 4 elevators did not work. The only stairs took us out of the building. We waited quite long to go down 1 level.

Breakfast was seriously excellent, but keep in mind the rush is right before they close at 930 am. The beds were clean and very comfy.

• Stayed April 2013
Harpenden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife, myself, and 4 of our family arranged a stay in Orlando. We chose the Embassy Suites because the Virgin brochure stated clearly that the hotel had recently been refurbished to an excellent standard. This most definitely not true. Our rooms, 534 and 535, were "tired" and dog-eared. The decor, fitting for a 1 or 2 star hotel, was gloomy and the carpet had seen better days. The bathroom (with shower over the bath) was minuscule, measuring 1.8m (the length of the bath) x 1.8m, a veritable square box. This is a pity because being next to a large lounge/kitchenette 1.0 metres could have been taken from the lounge and added to make a far better bath/shower room. The 4 lifts are inadequate during busy weeks and to make matters worse one of them on our side of the hotel was out of order. All in all, if you expect to get what the Virgin brochure puts out then you will be disappointed. This is, after all, a hotel totally occupied by Virgin customers (or so they say).

Room Tip: Get a room facing International Drive. The rooms facing Interstate 4 can be noisy 24 hours a day.
Ashburn, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of the 4 elevator was broken for a week. No convinient stair case. You have to wait for 15 minutes to go one floor. Bathroom was leaking water. I asked for a non-smoking room but got a smoking room. Complimentary breakfast is crowded and closed as soon as they could irrespective of the line and the back-up.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Really nice property. Great sized suites and it includes free parking and a great breakfast spread... not to mention they have a manager's happy hour reception for 2 hours which includes free cocktails and snacks.. You can't beat it.. Plus it is SMACK in the middle of everything.. Howl at the Moon and Bahama Breeze are steps aawy.. cross the street and you are there.. or go right next door and Olive Garden is there. They also have a REALLY nice indoor pool. The staff was really friendly and accomodating. A special thanks to William who helps during breakfast.. a gem of a person!

Room Tip: we stayed right by I-4 and didn't hear anything. we stayed in a 2 room King suite top floor and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to split our trip to Orlando between the Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando and the Embassy Suites International Drive/ Convention Center because we were going to SeaWorld. We arrived way too early to check-in, but we knew that going in. We decided on this hotel because of it's proximity to the parks, and complimentary i-Ride passes. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a nice young man with a smile, who asked for my last name. He then said "We have you in a King Non-Smoking room for one night, the room isn't ready yet, but I'll give you the key packet so you can get on the shuttle." The key packet had room 511 on it. We came back from a wonderful day at the park, to a grumpy, impolite man who informed us that they became oversold and we were moved to a smoking room. While I was extremely frustrated, I sighed and just asked to check in. He then asked us if we wanted to go see the room first. I said no, because we had no other reservations and just wanted to rest. He then informed me if I checked in and didn't like the room, the money would be returned to my card for over a week. I got the distinct feeling he wanted us to leave, because they had oversold the hotel. We stayed anyway. We asked if they had a machine to take some of the smoke out of the room. We had to leave the room for for 2 hours while it was on, but no one came to retrieve it that night or the next morning.

Other than being moved from our confirmed room type (reservation, e-mail proof, original clerk at check-in) into a debatably torturous room (dank, dark, deplorable), the bartender at the reception was rude and multiple elevators were out of order.

I'd rather drive 45 minutes from downtown and stay at a fabulous hotel for the exact same rate (same amenities, too--reception, breakfast) full of helpful people than have my entire suitcase reek

Room Tip: Doesn't matter what you book, hope for the best!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
So Ponte Vedra Bch
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Before you decide to book at this hotel, understand that the staff at the front desk will NOT take care of you. The Complimentary breakfast is more like a bad scene from MASH. Elevators dont always work, so be prepared to hike up the stairs.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Sides that have elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Address: 8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#74 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#147 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.