“Beautiful Hotel, will stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
RATES FROM $139/NIGHT!
Ranked #157 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Beautiful Hotel, will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a last minute reservation, and the staff was very helpful in securing a room for me and my service animal. I will stay again when visiting Orlando. Excellent hotel. Hot and delicious breakfast, excellent happy hour. The decor is pleasant and peaceful to the eyes. The hotel itself is the best by far, especially the beds. I have a back problem and when I awoke the next day, my back was not hurting at all, and believe me, this is important to me to have a good night sleep without any pain. Will tell all my business friends. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The extras you get with Embassy are always great. Free breakfast, coctail reception. While not the most cutting edge of the Idrive hotels this one sure fits it nicely and is very well taken care of.
This is my go to hotel about 6 times a year and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Upper level floors less noice.
Metamora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night to visit with a family friend on our way through to Key West. The hotel lobby was so gorgeous I couldn't believe it when we walked in! It was by far the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The price was not bad for how nice the place was. The continental was free and had quite a bit to choose from including omelet/egg station, oatmeal, fresh fruit and more! Although we did not use either pool (indoor and out), they looked very nice. We stayed in a double room with a sofabed and we were very comfortable. The only downfall was that the staff was not overly friendly. I am not saying that they were rude, but I just expected a little more from such a nice hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently visited Orlando and had a lovely stay here! Food and drink were lovely, service was great and we saved $10 on our Disney tickets buying them in the hotel. The shuttle was great too and took us straight to Epcot ready for park opening.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and had a great stay! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size, the extra bar area was great to have. The bathroom was a bit small, but not any smaller than other hotel bathrooms I've been in.

Breakfast was very good, the omelets delicious. I just wish breakfast ended at 10 during the week. (Ends at 9:30) pool area was nice. The shuttles to Disney were great. They were there every day on time.

Other than the room being a bit musty this hotel was just what we needed. It was a very good stay! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in room 604 and the room has a lot of things that show it needs some upkeep. It takes a while for the water to get hot. At check in they checked me into a room that was still being cleaned waited outside the room with the bellman for about 10 minutes. They had no info on a trade show that I was attending about shuttle service. Every time I walked by the front desk they had there heads buried in the computer while no guest were there and never acknowledged me. I was very disappointed especially for the price I was paying. There was so much more but you get the idea. I would stay somehere else too many other choices to pick from.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
B_Friedrich, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and appreciate your comments so we can address each issue with our staff. We appreciate that you shared your room number so we could quickly inspect and remedy the hot water problem. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Kind regards,

Bill Friedrich
Pittsburgh PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife had a convention at this hotel in which she was a presenter.
Let me begin with some positive info.....The front desk personnel at this hotel were, without doubt, the best I have experienced in years of hotel stays. Ask them "Where can I.....?" and the answer is "Let us do that for you"

The breakfast is excellent including eggs made to order...a really nice touch.

The accommodations are quite good, however the bathrooms seem a bit dated.

We had a bad experience at this hotel, and had it not happened, I would have given the hotel and "EXCELLENT" score.

The hotel offers free transportation to the theme parks. We thought we would go to a theme park on one of our 3 days at the hotel, the other two days being focused on the conference agenda. We did not realize that the Concierge was not a hotel employee, but rather an outsource that, among other things, sold theme park tickets.

We didn't know we would overpay at the hotel (Just over $200 for two tickets as opposed to $178 at the gate).

Because we were running tight on time for the last hotel provided free bus to the theme parks...and as the Concierge said it would save us time at the "long Lines" (her words) at the ticket booth of the park we had chosen, we bought two tickets from her..

We had been given a schedule which said the last bus to the theme parks was 10:40 am. We were available for the but at 10:32. But there never was a bus.

We tried to return our $200.00+ tickets but we were told, by the Concierge who had given us erroneous info regarding the bus schedule (the schedule was in written form as well), that the tickets we had bought 15 minutes earlier from her were nonrefundable. We brought this to the attention of the front desk, and, to their credit, they, during the day, placed a bottle of wine and some "goodies" in our room....but they could not correct what the concierge had done because the concierge, as I said previously is an outsource.

I brought this to the attention of Embassy Suites customer relations. The reservation was under my wife's name, but I asked them to interact with me, having given them my email and my phone number. They didn't contact me. However, a few days later I received (via email from my wife) a questionnaire (survey) to see how satisfied I was with Embassy Suites Customer Service. It is difficult to properly judge a contact that never happened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Address: 8978 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#99 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#119 Family Hotel in Orlando
#128 Business Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.