“Reivew of Hotel accommodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court

You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
AAA Members Save!
Ranked #168 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Merritt Island, United States
“Reivew of Hotel accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was a great value for lodging in Orlando considering that you get a suite with Breakfast and Evening cocktails. We enjoyed the hot breakfast and the evening reception. It is a great location. Check in and check out was seamless. All hotel staff had positive attitudes and were ready to help. We liked that it was so close to a multitude of restaurants and entertainment possibilities. We will try to stay at the hotel the next time that we need lodging in Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My adult kids and I spent a couple of nights here when we moved one of them to Orlando for an internship. It is like many Embassy Suites where I have stayed in other cities. I would guess that it was probably built in the 1970's and this location has not been updated in a while. The living area of our room was kind of dark. The room itself was clean and comfortable. A cooked to order breakfast was provided as well as an evening manager's reception. The staff was very professional and helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed with my family at this hotel from May 23 to 26 and I was very disappointed. I like brief messages so I will be brief, positives and negatives:
+ breakfast is generous
+ price was good (I think we had a group rate though)
+ open bar in the afternoons is descent
+ well located (many places to eat - have fun at walking distance)
+ pillows are great
- rooms are VERY old: my carpet was stained, hot and cold water was irregular in some faucets
- some staff (not all) seriously need to be reminded of what "customer service" means in its most basic sense
- TVs at eating-bar area did not turn on or remote control was never found
- The AC did not properly reach 2nd room by window in "suites" so at entrance was very cold and main room very hot. Myself and other guests in my group complained without much to be done
- If you decide to stay in hotel ask for rooms that do not face highway, it was very noisy (for my taste) at peak hours

Summary: the hotel needs major improvements to be competitive, unless price is very low, case in which I guess it's worth the trouble.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
JRiquezes,
Thank you for your candid feed back, I have brought review to the attention of all our department heads. I truly appologize we did not meet your expectations and we will use this review to better prepare our staff so this does not happen again.
Tamap, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is relatively nice. It is rather out dated and the rooms aren't much to be desired because of how dated they are, especially for the price. There are several other hotels in the area that have nicer rooms and amenities but don't include the happy hour and breakfast. The room could have been a bit cleaner and the linens provided were very rough. If you take advantage of the drinks and breakfast it might be worth it, otherwise I wouldn't highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hannibal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We booked this room on SW airlines "Jackpot Deals". Jackpot assured us we could get 2 QUEEN beds here- don't believe them, they are doubles, like many in Orlando! Our 1st night was noisy d/t car noise from nearby highway- I strongly recommend you get rooms NOT facing the highway. We had our room changed to one of those for the 2nd through 5th nights, and these were MUCH quieter!!! THe hotel staff was attentive, the free breakfasts each morning very good,and the daily managers reception(a free "happy hour" with beverages & snacks from 5-7:30 pm) a nice touch. The rooms are somewhat dated, but will be undergoing renovation soon. All in all, a good value for your $$ spent,and close to most of the theme parks, with a free shuttle,so convenient,too.

Room Tip: Get the rooms AWAY from the highway!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Location was awesome, no traffic going to and coming back from theme parks. Although it is a bit outdated, we didn’t spend enough time in our room to make it an issue. Breakfast was good and had just enough variety to last us the 5 days we spent there. The hotel is also within walking distance from a few restaurants and bars. Overall a good experience during our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I didn't think the rooms were too bad. My only problem was at check in I ask for a room that didn't face I4 and I guess the person misunderstood because we were facing I4 and the traffic during the week was awful. I didn't ask for a change in room...actually bought ear plugs and I was fine. The house keeping staff was either slow or they didn't have enough because we got back from the parks at 4 two days in a row and they were just cleaning our rooms. The breakfast was very good no complaints at all. The happy 2 hours was great but when it got busy they just about gave you a half a shot per drink and they were limited on the type of drinks available. I asked for peach schops and they didn't have any. The last day the lady bartender didn't want to make Shirley Temples for the kids anymore but agreed after we complained. If they had a piano player or some type of music the bar would have stayed busy after the happy 2 hours. And we did tip well! My worst complain is the pool and the hot tub. THE HOT TUB IS DIGUSTING! They let the little kids play in it and the bottom is disgusting. I think it should be for adults only and supervisor. I like the idea that the pool is inside and outside and they cater to the handicapp with a lift but overall it needs to be upgraded. The concrete at one corner of the pool deck is all cracked. Someone is going to get hurt. Overall, our stay was worth the money considering the cooked to order breakfast and drinks but if I have little children I would not stay here. I didn't consider this a child friendly hotel. No playground or anything other than the pool for the children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the windows do not face interstate 4.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court

Address: 8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#98 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#103 Business Hotel in Orlando
#163 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court 3.5*
Welcome to the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel, steps from International Drive shopping and dining, and near world-famous theme parks. We're less than two miles from Orange County Convention Center, and 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Take the I-Ride Trolley to the convention center or the complimentary shuttle to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando and Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark. This hotel near International Drive is an all-suite hotel providing convenient access to local attractions. Stretch out in a spacious two-room suite on the sofa bed in the living area or in the private bedroom. Keep drinks and snacks cool in the refrigerator. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and beverages and light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Unwind after a convention center meeting, a day at the theme parks, or shopping along International Drive. Take in the beauty of our open-air atrium by the indoor waterfalls. Host your function at the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel. Our Executive Boardroom provides meeting space near the convention center and Orlando businesses. Relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our modern fitness center, and enjoy complimentary WiFi. * Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Highlights All-suite hotel near International Drive and Orange County Convention Center Complimentary scheduled theme park transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Wet 'n Wild(R), & Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark International Drive hotel steps from shopping, dining, and entertainment Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception* Complimentary WiFi, outdoor pool, and modern fitness center Perfect Orlando event venue for business meetings, weddings, & more for up to 300 guests What to do around here Our Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel is a proud Universal Orlando(R) Partner Hotel providing complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a complimentary Evening Reception*. Drive less than 8 miles to visit Walt Disney World(R) Resort, including: Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Epcot(R), Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios(R). Discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment steps from our International Drive hotel. In addition, ride the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando's famous outlet malls and the Orange County Convention Center. Other notable attractions include the Mall at Millenia, The Holy Land Experience, and the Amway Arena. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites
Embassy Suite Orlando Jamaican Court

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.