“Excellent accomodations and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court

You added Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FL Residents - $25 Credit
Ranked #148 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent accomodations and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We keep coming back to this hotel on our business trips because of the people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here with my wife and toddler over a weekend. I've stayed at MANY Embassy Suites and prefer them to most hotels, so I'm very familiar with them. This one was the worst Embassy, by far.

It's not that this is a bad hotel, it's not, but it is subpar for Embassy. The atrium seems to have been renovated at some point, parts of it just doesn't flow - it's very open with little vegetation. It does have a nice, decent sized round bar for the happy hour and plenty of space, but it just seems too open and empty.

The pool is quite small. We went swimming, and there were only a few other people in the pool, but it seemed like we were all getting in each other's way. There is also no chance for shade at the outside portion of the pool, other than a couple of umbrellas. The inside portion of the pool is also small. It's a neat concept to have the pool be an inside and outside pool at the same time, but just not big enough.

The room itself DEFINITELY was in need of updating. The carpet was very worn and stained. The furniture was quite modern - if you live in the 1980's. It just seemed like they haven't done much with the rooms to update them compared to other Embassy Suites.

I would definitely NOT recommend this Embassy. I would suggest to try the one down approx .5 miles or so south closer to the convention center as it's much nicer.

However, if you are just looking for a decent hotel with nothing fancy and don't care too much about updated rooms and really aren't going to hang out at the pool, then this hotel would be okay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I took a chance with this place after reading some of the recent reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, some of the decor and furniture is dated and in need of upgrade, but this hotel was very clean and the service was great. The road noise was minimal and had a great sleep every night. The complimentary made to order breakfast was delicious, but be sure to get there early because the line gets long. If you find a good deal on this hotel, go for it.

• Stayed August 2011
Peterhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed there for 2 weeks, family of 4. After reading some reports here I was very pleasantly surprised - brand new carpeting everywhere, staff could not have been more helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The complimentary breakfast was great, my kids wanted to go to Ponderosa one morning but it was not as nice as the hotel breakfasts. We had room service a few evenings due to being late back from the waterparks and again, really good tasting food. The complimentary bar every evening for 2 hours was perfect - 5.30pm to 7.30pm - none of your cheap holiday brands either and the staff would mix up almost any cocktail you would ask for, again so helpful and friendly. The staff who clean up after you especially the glass collector were some of the most friendly people I have had the pleasure to meet. None of us wanted to come home!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Riverside, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at Embassy Suites in other cities and I must say this one was my least favorite. I stayed for 4 nights and each day after the rooms were cleaned I had to call to get additional towels for my family of 4 as I was given only 1 set of towels. The pool area was dirty. I think they must only clean it up once at night. The hot tub smelled like mildew. Our pull out sofa bed was broken. We did not get all the tv channels on one of the tvs. It was alot of little things that annoyed me. I generally don't complain but since Orlando has so many hotels in which you can stay this is one I would not recommend. I did enjoy the breakfast and the Manager's reception.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
TeamEmbassy8250, Manager at Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
While it is always difficult to read our guest's concern and complaints, it gives us an opportunity to learn and improve. Direct feedback is often the most reliable and we welcome the information, even when it is not complimentary. We apologize for the inconvience.
New York CIty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Unfortunately stayed here while the was a very large tour group of teenagers from Brazil. Kids will be kids but hotel did little (after complaining) to handle noise after midnight. This hotel also needs renovations. On the positive note, staff was very friendly and beds were clean. Breakfast was run well too. With the numerous options in Orlando, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I just returned home on Friday, July 9, 2011, we stayed here for 6 nights. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. We stayed in room 702, and we looked out to the freeway. The benefit of that, each night we saw the fireworks from Sea World from our room. I read where the noise was overbearing from the highway, not the case for us.

The breakfast buffet and the manager's reception were GREAT!!!!! The hotel had fresh fruits, muffins, oatmeal, cold cereal, juices,muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, corned beef hash, omelettes (maid to order), pancakes/french toast, grits, coffee, and soda. If that's not a variety, I don't know what was expected! As far as the cafeteria style someone commented about, I loved that. It made me feel a lil safer about eating buffet style, because people that like to use their hands instead of tongs, or people that send children up to serve themselves with dirty lil hands, are not touching everything.

Someone also commented on the pool being dirty. The pool is an inside/outside pool, with trees surrounding the outside. My husband and I spent time in the pool, and it was clean, towels were fully stocked, and yes it was not a heated pool.

The room is a small room if its being booked for more than 2 to 3 people. When you enter the room, there is a small living room with pull out sofa, a chair, dinette set, sink with small frig and microwave. You have a small bathroom and then you go through another door and there is the bed with dresser, two night stands and tv. It was just great for my husband and I. It would be okay with small kids, as you can shut the bedroom door as well as the separate door for the living area with pull out bed.

The maid came into our room everyday and made our bed. One thing I didn't like, some days we got enough towels, hand towels, and wash cloths, some days we got what they had left over I assume. I asked for a replacement liner for the ice bucket, the maid stated that she would get me one, later that day as we were leaving out for dinner, she advised that she didn't have anymore. How do they not have anymore?

The bar staff was GREAT and FRIENDLY!!! Someone stated that they were rude. We came in contact with 3 of the bartenders and they were anything but rude. We conversed with them every night from 5:30 to 7:30 during the manager's reception. We would get refills of our drinks without even asking. We were a little hesitant about going down for the free drinks because of the comment about rudeness at the bar.

Now speaking of rudeness. Rick at the tickets/shuttle desk, he was rude. I called him on the phone to find out what time the shuttle left for Universal. He gave me the first time, I asked for the next time, I could tell he wasn't about to give me the third time or answer anymore questions over the phone. I figured he had a line of people, so I thought let me just go downstairs. I go downstairs, nobody is there. I walk up to sign up for the shuttle, as I'm speaking to him, he puts up the "Gone To Break" sign. I continue to ask my questions, because I hate rude people, and then I go into the business center. I come out, and I see Rick at the front desk chit chatting about the occupancy. I thought he was the ticket shuttle person, but maybe he was multi-tasking.

Lastly, Valerie at the front desk is the best. Always greeting you with a smile and ready to help.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court

Address: 8250 Jamaican Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#87 Business Hotel in Orlando
#92 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#153 Family Hotel in Orlando
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court 3.5*
Welcome to the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel, steps from International Drive shopping and dining, and near world-famous theme parks. We're less than two miles from Orange County Convention Center, and 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Take the I-Ride Trolley to the convention center or the complimentary shuttle to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando and Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark. This hotel near International Drive is an all-suite hotel providing convenient access to local attractions. Stretch out in a spacious two-room suite on the sofa bed in the living area or in the private bedroom. Keep drinks and snacks cool in the refrigerator. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and beverages and light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Unwind after a convention center meeting, a day at the theme parks, or shopping along International Drive. Take in the beauty of our open-air atrium by the indoor waterfalls. Host your function at the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel. Our Executive Boardroom provides meeting space near the convention center and Orlando businesses. Relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our modern fitness center, and enjoy complimentary WiFi. * Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Highlights All-suite hotel near International Drive and Orange County Convention Center Complimentary scheduled theme park transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Wet 'n Wild(R), & Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark International Drive hotel steps from shopping, dining, and entertainment Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception* Complimentary WiFi, outdoor pool, and modern fitness center Perfect Orlando event venue for business meetings, weddings, & more for up to 300 guests What to do around here Our Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel is a proud Universal Orlando(R) Partner Hotel providing complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a complimentary Evening Reception*. Drive less than 8 miles to visit Walt Disney World(R) Resort, including: Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Epcot(R), Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios(R). Discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment steps from our International Drive hotel. In addition, ride the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando's famous outlet malls and the Orange County Convention Center. Other notable attractions include the Mall at Millenia, The Holy Land Experience, and the Amway Arena. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites
Embassy Suite Orlando Jamaican Court

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive / Jamaican Court, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.