“Great stay overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #129 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Naples
“Great stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I booked a two day stay at the Castle Hotel for a business trip in May 2015, and in general, it was a great experience. The staff is exceptionally friendly, the decor is modern and interesting. Definitely a nice change from other hotels in the area, if not a little over the top. The room was comfortable and clean, and the food was good.

My only words of caution would be that there really isn't much lighting in the rooms - even in the bathroom - and we found it fairly dark. So ladies may want to bring a lighted mirror for makeup, etc. Also, while the hotel in general is pretty quiet and all the guests were being respectful, the rooms aren't exactly sound proof. You can still hear the other guests coming and going from their rooms, and in the bathrooms etc. So light-sleepers may want to ask for a top floor room. They also charge $15/day for "self-parking", which seemed like an unnecessary charge.

But overall, we enjoyed the stay and the location.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at the Castle at the beginning of April 2015, on arrival at 10.30 pm we were informed that there was no record of our booking despite the documents we held to prove the contrary.
This was not a problem and the staff said they would find us a room and call the UK in the morning to confirm the booking. In the meantime however they would require my credit card but would not take any money on the card for the night, I was happy to do this and we were show our room.
The hotel itself is very nice with a contemporary decor which sets it apart from other hotels on I Drive, the facilities are fine and the rooms more than adequate for a two week stay with two kids.The housekeeping however was simply not up to scratch no toilet roll, we had to ask for beds to be changed and were give the sheets ourselves.
I spoke to the staff the next day and was assured that the UK had been contacted and that the problem was resolved, so I went about my holiday.
During our stay due to the issues with the housekeeping a $50 credit was placed on our account. On checking out day a bill showing this credit AND NOTHING ELSE was placed under our room door, we understood the credit was an internal hotel credit that was not redeemable.
We checked out flew home etc etc.
Two weeks later my credit card bill arrived ....... with $1451.82 taken on my card by the Castle Hotel on the day I checked out.
I assumed that there had been some oversight and contacted my travel agent, he made inquiries and informed me that NO CALL TO THE UK HAD BEEN MADE, he was very adamant about this.
So we were faced with the fact the funds had been taken without any bill provided or permission asked on the day we left, the UK end were adamant they were not called at any time and I had paid twice!!
I make no claims or accusations but I certainly have my own opinion and just state the facts as they stand, taking funds without permission or providing a bill/invoice is certainly not the way I expect a company to behave and my credit card company are certainly of the same opinion. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this hotel for this reason, and would be interested in a explanation of this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jesse L, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, yesterday
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. It is certainly regretful that you were not completely satisfied with your stay but we appreciate the feedback you have provided. Unfortunately there was a billing error with your reservation and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that it may have caused. When I was notified of the issue I did immediately call the travel company to get the error corrected.

If you would like to discuss your concerns with me directly please feel free to contact me.

Orlando, FL 32819
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I love the Castle hotel! This was our 9th stay at this hotel and we always have a fantastic visit. We find the decor modern and unique, which is one of the reasons we keep coming back again and again. The customer service is always outstanding --- friendly front desk staff, a smooth check-in and check-out transaction. Joe, the doorman, provided excellent suggestions on what to see and do in the area. The pool is beautiful and includes a sea-life waterfalls in the middle of the pool. There are plenty of soft fluffy towels available at the pool, so you never have to use the towels from your room. The two plush cabanas around the pool are pure heaven --- just great for relaxing! There are several drink specials every Sunday by the pool, which are very reasonably priced and yummy. The hotel has a great location and is within walking distance of plenty of restaurants and the Pointe Orlando mall. The hotel has a spa and other nice features. We love the rooms at this hotel because the castle theme is carried out even in the room itself. This hotel has the most comfortable beds of all of the hotels in Orlando. We drifted off to sleep the minute we hit the pillows. Our room was super clean with a nice assortment of toiletries. We enjoyed our stay so much that we already booked another reservation for the month of June, July, August, September and October! We cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: We always request a room on the 7th or higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is every little girls dream . We loved the fresh baked cookies in a morning . The rooms are lovely my little girl felt like a real princess . The only thing negative is the pool it's a bit small . But overall fantastic hotel and would definitely go back .

Room Tip: High floor have a good view of international drive
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this property earlier this month. Public areas were really unique - not your average hotel. Lots of fun decorative pieces. Location was excellent; plenty of nearby restaurants and easy driving access to theme parks, but still quiet. Supposedly you can see the Universal fireworks from the rooftop (we were not aware of this until someone asked while we were checking out). We really got no explanation of amenities when we checked in, nor were we even alerted to the fact that they had a daily newsletter at the front desk. Only ate breakfast there as it was included in our rate; portions on the small side for the price, but the food was quite good. The rooms were not up to par: peeling paint in bathroom, non-existent bathroom ventilation, no spare roll of toilet paper, toiletries not replenished during stay, no artwork on the walls. And $15 a day for parking?????

Would I stay here again? Maybe - if they up their game. There is so much potential for this property to be a luxury boutique hotel!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jesse L, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. It is certainly regretful that you were not completely satisfied with your stay but we appreciate the feedback you have provided. The satisfaction of our guest is always our highest priority and any information we can receive from our guests that will help us improve our services is always welcomed. If you have a chance I would certainly appreciate any additional information in regards to the challenges that you stated you experienced.

If you have a moment please feel free to contact me back directly.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for 3 nights while working an event at the convention center. The check-in was smooth and the people were friendly and helpful. Uniique decor in the lobby and rooms. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Excellent hot tub to relax in after a long days at OCCC. The location is fabulous as it is close to all of the major activities in I-Drive.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice Hotel on the strip of international drive.

Close to all the restaurants and nightlife international drive has to offer.

Clean rooms and nice staff.

Breakfast was a little challenging in the morning.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jesse L, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. We certainly do appreciate the feedback that you have provided as the satisfaction of our guest is always our highest priority. If you have a chance I would certainly appreciate any additional information in regards to the challenges that you stated you experienced. Any additional information that our guests can give us to help us improve our service will always be welcome.

If you have a moment please feel free to contact me back directly.

Orlando, FL 32819

Been to Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!