“Quick STAY!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach, Florida
“Quick STAY!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice Hotel on the strip of international drive.

Close to all the restaurants and nightlife international drive has to offer.

Clean rooms and nice staff.

Breakfast was a little challenging in the morning.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Jesse L, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. We certainly do appreciate the feedback that you have provided as the satisfaction of our guest is always our highest priority. If you have a chance I would certainly appreciate any additional information in regards to the challenges that you stated you experienced. Any additional information that our guests can give us to help us improve our service will always be welcome.

If you have a moment please feel free to contact me back directly.

Jesse Landin
Front Office Manager
Castle Hotel
D: 407-996-3312
Orlando, FL 32819

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night and had a good first impression upon entering the lobby. The staff we encountered were all friendly and greeted us warmly. Our room was very clean and nicely appointed. The best part of this hotel was the location - my husband and I didn't have to drive anywhere for dinner. A diverse range of restaurants were all within walking distance along International Drive. After dinner, we even walked to the movie theater nearby, and the same area had a few high-end designer shops. By the time we walked back to the hotel, we noticed the parking lot was suddenly full from guests returning from their day adventures. We were glad we didn't have to drive anywhere for the evening and have to deal with finding a parking spot. I saw another review that mentioned a parking debacle, so beware: the parking lot can be empty during the day but packed in the evening when all the guests are returning for the night.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool but the pool area looked nice -- at least from what I could see from the window in our room.

We had Easter brunch the next morning, which was held in the ballroom. The selection was a bit disappointing for $20 a person, so that's the only reason why I took off one star.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Congleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Being a regular and frequent traveler I am very particular about where I stay.

Some years ago I started staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel chain. I used to average a minimum of 280 nights away from home each year, now it's considerably less but I have rather foolishly stayed loyal to the brand when ever possible. I have though also stayed at some of the best hotels in the world including the Peninsular in Hong Kong, Jebel Ali Suites in Dubai, Savoy, London, Regency Hyatt New York to name but a few.

We decided to take a short break and had booked the Holiday Inn and Suites Opposite Universal. Despite booking this some 6 months in advance and being a Platinum Ambassador member of their frequent visitor programme they informed me at the very last moment that the room would not be available and that they had relocated me to an unsuitable sister hotel some 13 miles away. This was Easter Sunday and everywhere was full. I logged on to find an alternative, everywhere was completely booked up and just by chance through an Internet search we found that this hotel had a room.

We booked it and arrived within a matter of moments and then the world of hotel stays changed for the better for me and for ever........the hotel front of staff greeted us with warm smiles, professional service and respect, the hotel and reception area decor were in first class condition, the elevator needed key access to gain access to the rooms so safety and security were in abundance, then we entered the room, again in first class decorative order was pristine and obviously well cared for.

Some of the decor is quite quirky but very good quality if a little avant guard.

The circular pool is fantastic as are the pool and main bar areas

Throuought our stay the staff were very helpful, courteous and engaging.

Then the check out, a very small issue with the cost was resolved to my complete satisfaction and in the blink of an eye and the total cost of staying there for a week was less than half that of comparable hotels through out the world. Quality and service at that price is hard to find but you get it all in abundance at this hotel.

I really don't want to recommend this hotel too highly though as it will then be difficult to ever book a room there again as it will probably always be full!

Oh and by the way there was a large wedding reception on the last Saturday of our stay, at no point were we disturbed as a result so the insulation is first class also

Until I checked I hadnt realised it it was a Marriott Group hotel, I will ensure I become a member of their frequent stayer programme!

Room Tip: Try it I am sure you won't be disappointed and if you can get a pool view room take it.
Mississauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a delightful hotel! This charming hotel is beautifully appointed. From the unique art work in the lobby to the furnishings in the room, this hotel stands apart. The staff was wonderful, answering all my questions and helping out with an international fax. The grounds are lovely - very lush and green, with the pool in the middle of the walkways. Coming from a cold climate it was a nice change to be outside, walking to the bistro for breakfast. Took advantage of the other amenities - the lounge and other restaurants within close walking distance - and was not disappointed. I was staying in Orlando for a convention, and while it is close to the convention centre, I rode the trolley or took a taxi for convenience. I did walk it one morning - it's over a mile, but had too much to carry back with me.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Winter Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Invited my brother, sister, and two daughters to join us in Orlando for a weekend staycation and have always been very fond of Marriott and have stayed at other Autograph Collection hotels. The rooms were nice, clean, and the beds comfortable. The common areas very "bohemian" in decor. Interesting to say the least, but nice. Upon checkin, the calamity of errors began. My husband arrived prior to my sister and myself (each of us separately). When my husband checked in, he requested a mini refrigerator and both TripAdvisor and the hotel's website says are available. He was told there were none...that they are were taken by other guests. This was a concern, because he has necessary medications that must maintain refrigeration (this is why we checked before booking). He's not the type to complain and figured we could just go to a local store and buy a cooler and ice, so he arrived in our 1 of 2 rooms. The A/C was set on 65F but as he described it to me in a text (as my sister and I were still traveling from different locations) "like the surface of the sun." He called the front desk at approximately 4pm. At 6pm, prior to my arrival, he called the front desk again, as no one had come to repair the A/C. He texted me just prior to my arrival to say it had been repaired and was cooling. I arrived at about the same time as my sister. We both drove our vehicles. We circled the lot ($15 self park, $21 valet) and there was not a single spot to be found for either of us. Cars parked at the ends of aisles, very minimal passage-way to get through. I drove up to valet and asked where I should park and was told that they would valet for $21. I questioned this as it seemed very odd. The valet asked "are you a Marriott rewards member?" I responded yes. He immediately said that he would valet my car for free. I then pointed to my sister in her minivan and asked about her. He said only my car. I asked where she would park and he said "I'm not sure, but somewhere else." Well, this honestly didn't sit well with me and I asked him if he believed that a guess should expect to have to worry about if there was enough parking. He told me there was a special event and that "there's just no parking." I repeated my question firmly and asked if he believed that Marriott, Autograph Collection, and Kessler would really treat a guess this way. He immediately obliged and said he would valet my sister's van for free. So, I arrive in the room and my husband mentions what we should do about his medications and keeping them refrigerated. I called the front desk and was told "there are none," again. I asked to speak to a manager and Eddie came on the line and I explained how unhappy I was about the parking situation and the lack of refrigerator....within 15 minutes, Eddie himself brought a refrigerator was at our room. He shook my hand, apologized and said "I have removed parking for both rooms from your bill." I thanked him. I don't mean to be snarky, but if "there are none," then how did the manager find one so quickly. To me, it means the front desk had no interest in helping us. As I settled into the room, I located the safe in order to put my laptop before heading out for dinner. The door to the cabinet between the beds that holds the safe only had one hinge and nearly fell off. I had to prop it back into place to keep it from hanging off onto the floor. Getting unhappier at this moment. LOL!. Then I remembered that I have a binder that I needed to retrieve from my car. I went back down to the valet and asked for my keys so that I could get my binder. No one asked for my valet ticket, just "what kind of car is it." I told them, they opened their cabinet and handed me my keys. I truly didn't mind walking to get my own property (if you see their parking lot, it is not big at all), but I did find it worrisome that they asked for no ID or valet ticket. Anyone could have gotten my keys. So they pointed me to the end of the first aisle of cars and said "yours is on the end." When I got there, it was literally parked in the driveway blocking cars. One lady was trying to back out of a spot and couldn't, because of where my car was parked by valet. Another car (100ft away, trying to pull into the parking lot from the side street) was halted by the lady attempting to back out without hitting my car. She immediately got out of her vehicle and began "telling" me to move my car while the man in the other car trying to enter the parking lot was yelling out his window for me to move my car! I was so frustrated, but I smiled at the lady and told her that I didn't park my car there that valet did and if I moved it, I would have no idea where else to park. I told her I would be happy to walk the couple hundred feet back to the valet booth to tell the attendants. I did, and they immediately came to move help "site" the lady so she could back out. She was not comfortable as it was very tight. Finally, the valet backed my car up so that she could leave and the man in the car to take her parking spot. My car was moved back into the driveway. I walked back in to the lobby and the manager Eddie was behind the desk. I explained what just happened and said that in addition, I was concerned that my car would be hit as it was still in the middle of the parking lot driveway. He said "oh, they are still in the process of finding parking for us and they will move it when they have a spot." Mind you, this was over an hour after I had dropped my car off. I was exhausted and tired. Turned around and went back up to our room. We went for a quick dinner with the family and returned. There were three pillows in our room and we needed a few more. I called the front desk and asked and was told "we don't have any more." I hung up. UHG! This was starting to not be funny anymore. Comfortable bed, but had to call my sister's room to "steal" an extra pillow from her. Next day: we spent the day in the local area touring and enjoying. Returned to the room at find that at 4pm that housekeeping was not there yet. Someone was in the hall and promptly took care of our room. About an hour later, we realized that the ice machine on our floor was not working. Not normally a huge issue because we could just go to another floor and use the machine there. Nope! The room key cards are floor-specific and you have to place your room card into the elevator in order to get to ONLY the floor that you are staying. So...no ice. Called the front desk and was told "very sorry. You can always use the stairwell to get to the next floor for ice." Really? So...again; later that evening, we thought we would try for a few more pillows again. This time they politely said yes. However; it took 2 calls in order for them to deliver. Late in the evening, the children wanted to watch a TV and directional button on our remote did not work. Had to call twice again to have someone come. When they did come, I opened the door...no "hello" or "sorry" just put his hand out with a remote." I know it seems unbelievable but there is one more cherry for the top of this pie. Upon checkout, the parking fees were still on our bill. I will say they were rapidly removed, but for goodness sake...can a guest handle any more?

If you have taken the time to read my extensive (and somewhat emotion-driven) review, the in my heart-of-hearts, I urge you to stay elsewhere. I also plan on contacting Marriott to inform them that in my opinion, Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection truly should be removed from their preferred list. Again...lovely boutique hotel, absolutely the worst service we could have ever expected. Very dissapointed.

Room Tip: Go down the street a block to the Hyatt Regency.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Wayne S, Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear todd_fix,

I was disheartened to read about your experience here at Castle Hotel Orlando, particularly about the parking situation. Several guest comments over the past few months about that very issue has brought us to the point that we are now getting quotes to secure the parking lot with a series of automated gates. Based on what we have observed on busy nights, much of the traffic and parked cars are not guests of the hotel. By restricting access, parking will be dedicated to hotel guests only thus alleviating some of the challenges. I was pleased, however, to read that Eddie was involved with locating a refrigerator for your party as, on busy nights, we can have limited availability.

I am hopeful that you will accept your disappointing experience as the exception I can assure you it was and favor us with your patronage again.

Best regards,
Dearborn, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The property was beautiful, the bed was comfortable, the pool was incredible. It is quite obvious that it is part of the Autograph Collection, every room was unique and intriguing. The service was subpar and inconsistent. The check-in was uninformative, and did not highlight the amenities of the hotel. I have worked at the front desk of an Autograph Collection hotel for over a year now, and expected much more.

I had reoccurring issues with the television in my room, and had to contact the front desk 3-4 times in order to resolve the issue. In the end, I was moved to another room, which then reeked of cigarettes. At that point, I had no motivation to deal with another issue and receive inadequate service in return. I also wanted to send an international package through the front desk, after asking for packaging materials from multiple agents (who all had different responses), I finally got an envelope and slip. I inquired about a different type of slip that was needed for international mail, and was given incorrect information. I also had an issue with lost and found, and had to speak to 3 different people to get the issue resolved. Overall, the service was inconsistent, frustrating, and inadequate.

Again, the property itself and the amenities offered were outstanding. The service that I received was more than disappointing.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Jesse L, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Melissa,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The satisfaction of our guest is always our highest priority and it was truly disappointing to hear that you were not completely satisfied. We certainly do appreciate the feedback that you have provided. Any information that our guests can give us to help us improve our service will always be welcome.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jesse Landin
Front Office Manager
Castle Hotel
8629 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Calhoun, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nice hotel. Eclectic decor. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They have a washer and dryer onsite for families. It is very close to lots of great restaurants. Vito's , cafe tutu tango, don Pablo's , Boston lobster feast and a friendlys for ice cream. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!