“Very nice hotel, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #115 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very nice hotel, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a trip to disney, but this hotel is off the beaten path of the regular "Disney Resorts," which I somewhat liked. There was no touristy families here. It was pretty quiet, though there was a wedding that happened during my stay, which resulted in a drunk guest pulling the fire alarm and getting arrested at 2 AM one night.

The room was pretty nice, not huge, but it was clean, and that is a big plus for me. The staff was pretty friendly, and there was a slight billing issue, but that was taken care of in just a moment when I checked out.

We ordered room service for breakfast two mornings, the food and coffee were both very good, and the food arrived promptly at the time we arranged.

Be aware, my hotel cost was around $350 and they cleared my card for double that at check in, not really an issue as it will be refunded, but just something to be aware of.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again, and I would love to try out the other Kessler hotels in the area (The Grand Bohemian, and Bohemian Celebration).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Ok, here goes , arrival was easy , valet was very courteous but we had no help with the bags . Front desk staff was bright and very friendly . Room and total Hotel absolutely Kessler elegance . Suzette at the antler room bar was simply lovely and wonderful at her position. Like I said the rooms were over the top , beds comfy and all was very clean and pristine . Now my only gripe and it was huge for me on the morning of Dec 7th was the rude , consistence tapping on our door and other doors all up and down the hall telling / asking ( house keeping , are you there ? ) . This shattered our sleep . We hate being rushed and if I was staying there for more than just that nite I would have made a scene and just threw everything together and went to the lobby with just my shorts and would have kicked my bags out the door . If I'm not wanted I will leave and it sure seemed as if we were wanted out asap. I called the front desk morning crew and was told ( oh they do that to people who are checking out in the morning ) . Really , omg . We are so put off by this , we have stayed at other Kessler properties in Savannah , ect and never had an issue before . So just beware on the morning of your checkout be prepared at this Orlando disturbed by anxious staff that want you out at least two hours before checkout . Seems it's this properties policy to do so by the morning front desk staff . Very unhappy , William

Room Tip: No help here
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Trondheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is our second stay here. It shows that it has been considerably renovated. The hotel costs a little more than a three star hotel, but it is worth it. The rugs are newer and kept quite clean. The bathroom fixtures all work as is not always the case if you go for budget accomodations. The reason I think is clear. The hotel has invested in high quality staff at all levels that are courteous and competent. Add the location close to great restauranter in walking distance then you have a recipe for a good stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good looking. Tower Room smaller than appeared online. All areas really clean. Pool heated and very warm hot tub. We were the only two people there.
Did'nt try bars or restaurant.
Hotel more suited to couples and business travellers not really for kids.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

joy the young lady at the desk was very nice the hold trip love the 9th floor desk the room was great .....enjoyed the bar ..my view was the best the location was great maid service was very good very helpful with thing to do around the hotel

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Wellington, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am a Marriott loyalist and particularly favor the Autograph collection hotels. This one falls in line with the others re: trendy decor and boutique setting. However, it's clearly geared towards the business traveler/younger crowd and is not recommended for the family of four traveling to Orlando for a Disney vacation. Here's a perfect example to drive the point home. After traveling 20 minutes from Disney and navigating through the traffic on International Drive to arrive back at the hotel with both my wife and I carrying two sleeping kids in our arms, we were greeted at the front lobby door not by an employee, but rather a drunken 40+ year old guy with spiky hair and a drink in his hand who was encouraging his friends to get off the couch in the lobby and head out to the nearby nightlife on International Drive with him. Normally I wouldn't notice or care, but I've got two sleeping kids from a full day at the park and didn't want to deal with that kind of scene when I returned to my hotel. Even worse, we also had partiers staying in the room next to ours arrive back around 2:00 AM and they carried on until at least 5:00 AM. I don't fault the Castle hotel for any of this because they don't market themselves as a Disney/family type of hotel. I am just sending this review out to anyone who might consider making the same mistake I did in booking a trendy spot to take their family for a Disney trip. In hindsight, I really should have stayed closer to the park and/or at a Disney hotel. My wife even commented the next day that you simply don't have to worry about late night partiers at a Disney hotel like you would at a spot located on International Drive. Lesson learned on my end and caveat emptor to the rest of you.

As it relates to the hotel itself, it does show as nicely as the pictures demonstrate and my 7 and 5 year old girls (and my wife as well) were really excited with the place when we first walked in. However, I couldn't help but notice that while everything looks pretty nice and trendy on first glance (it even smells fabulous in the lobby) there's a couple things missing, as if the hotel was arranged by a rookie designer who had the vision but couldn't fully execute. For example, there are no pictures or artwork or anything on the walls in the hotel room. Instead, it's just bare walls with an odd popcorn like texture on them. That sounds weird to mention, but I can't think of another example where I've stayed in a hotel room that has completely bare walls. It was just cheap looking quite frankly. Even a Motel 6 has framed artwork of a prairie or something. Also, the sheer curtains were ripped and the paint on the walls and doors looked kind of sloppy. My 7 year old noticed the ripped curtains and I kept telling her they were supposed to look like that because I was embarrassed and didn't want her to think I booked us in some cheap run down shanty. Maybe I'm nitpicking a bit, but most other Autograph collection hotels I stay at are flawless in their decor...no excuse for torn curtains guys!

Ultimately, if you're young and/or single and looking for a cool hotel to stay at and party nearby, this is the perfect spot with plenty of options within walking distance. If you're a semi-cool Dad with a family going to Disney for the weekend, don't be a fool...pay the extra couple bucks to stay at or near the parks....you're going to need all the sleep you can get anyway.

• Stayed November 2014
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Castle Hotel. I truly apologize that we did not meet your expectations with comfort and condition. I appreciate your comments and please know that your families experience is important to us. I still hope you will allow us in the future a second opportunity to regain your confidence and demonstrate to you that a restful night sleep can be enjoyed here at the Castle.

Again, thank you for sharing your experiences.
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ok, overall this is a decent property, but if you are staying here expecting a grand experience (especially one you would expect from a Marriott Autograph/Kessler property) don't. This is pretty much a fancied up Holiday Inn. It opened more than a decade ago as a DoubleTree (a brand famous for inconsistencies) and has since become a Marriott affiliate (along with many of the other Kessler Properties). Kessler made his money by dumping the hotel brand Days Inn and decided to go from operating 1 star hotels to 4 stars, apparently this needs work. The rooms are basic with artistic touches, the common areas are fun and if you are lucky enough to get a 9th floor room, the roof top patios are nice to check out. There is a full spa and nice pool and meeting space as well. Parking is close, well lit and plentiful. If you are Marriott elite, no benefits here so don't bother asking. Area is safe, with plenty of restaurants nearby, warning the too attached restaurants (Vitos and Cafe Tu Tu Tango) don't get the best Health Department reviews. So why such a poor rating, well we stayed three average nights and added a forth. The last time I did that at a Kessler property they screwed it up. So I spoke to the front desk before leaving for the day and asked if could make sure that housekeeping was aware I was not checking out and would be back. Despite this effort, no luck, as I arrived back at the hotel at 130am to find the room a wreck (photos attached). The bed was undressed, linens were on the floor, bathroom was dirty and no towels were left. The floor was dirty and they "stole" items left in the room. Overall this was a dissapointing stay and I will likely not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with us concerning your stay. I have sent you a private message through TripAdvisor to assure you that your comments will be addressed and help us succeed in providing excellent service in the future. I hope you enjoyed the rest of our amenities and all that Orlando has to offer.

Again thank you for your review.

Kindest regards,

Been to Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!