“Fairy Tale Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fairy Tale Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My stay at Castle Hotel was an amazing experience that was a pleasure to my senses. When I first arrived I felt like I was a kid again walking into a Cinderella movie. The hotel first wowed me from the true white Castle look on the outside. However, my breath was taken away from the themed purple decor throughout the lobby and in the guest rooms. My favorite part of my stay was the smell of their passion fruit candle that greets you as soon as you walk in the lobby and as you go to your room. The hotel was quiet, the rooms carry the castle/Cinderella theme and the beds are very comfortable. Overall, I will recommend this hotel if you plan to visit Orlando.

The only negative I would point out is that they charge $15 to park in the open parking lot and it was hard to find parking on Saturday night, but I guess that is what valet is for. Other than that this is a 5 star hotel all the way!

Room Tip: Weekend parking is limited
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your great review! We’re delighted that we immersed your senses in our art and culture. We hope you will return when your travels bring you to Orlando in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface by saying, we are from Orlando and stay in a local hotel without our kids for our anniversary every year for the last 19 years, so we've stayed at many including Gaylord Palms, Portofino, and Grand Bohemian. We love that when we stay at these places, they make us feel pampered and special.

Now on to our stay at the Castle Hotel. We checked in at 1:30 and headed to our room on the second floor. The rooms are small, it used to be a Holiday inn. The first thing we encountered was hair on the sheets, not one or two, the sheets were covered in hairs, gross!! The housekeeping manager did come quickly and verify. He sent up someone to change the sheets immediately. That was fine. Meanwhile we noticed it was cold, so we turned up the thermostat, turned it up again and again. It was at 80 and cold air was still blowing. We called again and they sent the maintenance engineer to look at it. He said he needed to put it back down to 74, then sit there 30-45 min to see if it warms up. We explained we already did that, but he insisted. It was 60 degrees in our room, 45 minutes later we called down again. This time my husband said, "look, should we go find another hotel, we've been trying to get ready for dinner for hours as it was now 5 o'clock." The receptionist said she would move us to another room. So we packed our things and moved. The room was much warmer. The bathtub was dirty, it had hair in it and some soap or suds still dried on the tiles. I really couldn't be bothered, I washed it myself.

We are people who complain. We've never had to move rooms before. We aren't picky people. I felt strange having to continue calling. Oh, that's because the first time I had to call, was not because of the hairs on the bed, it was the TV not working. It displayed a message that said call the front desk, when I did, the receptionist said, "oh yeah, we've been having trouble with the on demand movies, sorry you won't be able to watch movies in your room."

In the end, the bed and pillows were uncomfortable and I woke with a sore neck:/

• Stayed January 2014
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Feedback like yours allows us to continue to improve with the goal of providing a flawless guest experience for each person that comes through our doors. I apologize that the comfort level of the rooms wasn't up to your standards. I hope in the future you’ll revisit the hotel and we’ll be able to provide a more comfortable stay for you and your family.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for something special in Orlando, at a reasonable price this is the place to stay.

I have been coming to Orlando for a couple decades. The Castle was recommended to me. Very friendly, very clean and great food and drink.

A keeper.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope you’ll revisit the Castle Hotel the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. But the hotel is hard to find. It's address is I-drive, but it's really off Austrian Row. It was hard to find considering we were looking for the wrong address. The hotel room was spacious with a work desk and ample lighting, which a lot of hotel rooms are missing. However, the rooms on the second floor are near the fitness center, and above the restaurant on the first floor. The room had the odors of the food from below. Breakfast was not included, but you can pay for breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I wanted to thank you for your review. While I’m glad you enjoyed your stay I apologize for the issue you experienced. We hope you’ll return as we strive to ensure each guest has a flawless stay.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel itself was very pretty. Cool decor and nicely appointed rooms. Main lobby area is very small with only the check in area and a nice little bar. They do offer food in the bar but it's more of a lounge. Beds are nice and ac worked well.
Misses. The only vending machine is on 9, bar closed at 11pm, room service was soon to follow. Pool area is small with no services nor an easy way to get in and out of the bar area. At it's price point it's great for a romantic weekend but the kids will lose interest quickly. Compared to other autograph hotels we have stayed at this hotel falls short.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. It is our goal to provide an extraordinary product and services. Your feedback will allow us to improve our services and I hope you will give us another chance to be our guests again.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with 2 of my girlfriends for a birthday weekend. We paid close to $200 for a room, which is pricey in this area filled with theme park hotels. This hotel was recently remodeled. The remodel was amazing, and reminded all of us of the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas but at a smaller level. The location is great in relation to Universal, you can literally just take Universal Blvd straight down and arrive at the parking garage in less than 5 minutes. Check in was ok, the desk receptionist wasn't overly friendly but it wasn't a big deal. We had a Tower guest room and found it to be well equipped and very clean, but the windows were a little awkward and small in this room. The beds were very very very comfortable and the hotel was very quiet at night. The problem we had is that one of my girlfriends, for some reason, likes to sleep with a stuffed animal. The next morning, it got bunched up with the extensive bedding and she forgot it. Literally a couple of hours after check out, she called the hotel to alert them that she left her stuffed animal and they COULDN'T find our reservation anywhere under my name or our room number. How does that happen? She called back after double checking the reservation name with me and they said that they had found our reservation and were looking for her item but it wasn't located yet and they would call her back after checking with housekeeping. She called repeatedly for updates and never received a call back, and it wasn't until her fiance called and left a message that HE received a call back. After several messages left over several days with the front desk and NO CALLS back they have given up hope. This hotels service does NOT meet Marriott's or Kessler's hotel service policies. Make sure you don't forget anything if you stay at this hotel or consider it lost forever.

Room Tip: Tower rooms have small windows, the other rooms don't appear to have the same windows.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review your previous stay. I apologize that we were unable to locate the missing item. I understand your concern and I can assure we take these matters very seriously. We will contact you directly in the event that we have new information for you. Please contact me directly if you have any other questions.
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

The castle was great and really only had a couple of points that could have been improved.

Good points:
Staff lovely and polite
Great shuttle service
Beautiful Gardens
Great roof terrace
Comfortable rooms - huge beds which you need after the walking of the theme parks
Arcade was cute and great for kids
Nice size pool could be bigger but with the waterparks do you really need a massive swimming pool?!
Free ice tea - exactly what is needed after a long theme park day out!!
The BEST restaurant attached to it out the back Cafe TuTu Tango - returned to Florida again for this restaurant!!!
Free Parking
Great Location middle of I drive and close to Universal and not far from Disney

Slight disappointments:
Bar was a bit rubbish small and shut early
No on site restaurant to get food late or at set times so after long days if you fancied something on site you will meet the vending machine on many occasion!!
Breakfast expensive for what it is $20 not great

Defo would stay again!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stay. I’m glad you enjoyed the roof top terrace and our staff was memorable. We have since completed our multi-million dollar renovation and hope you visit the Castle Hotel for your next trip to Orlando.

Been to Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!