“Contemporary Fun hotel. Awesome service and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #129 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Contemporary Fun hotel. Awesome service and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were looking for a hotel in the middle of everything off International Drive. We selected the Castle hotel and glad we did. It was really cool. The decorations are modern and crisp with a fun theme. The service was outstanding, especially the bar tenders. Really friendly and suggested an awesome restaurant.

The rooms were clean and comfortable too! Great place, great value, will be back for a longer stay

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Good day jasonf1975,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you had a great stay and our bartenders were memorable. I warmly welcome you back in the future. Sincerely, David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I will have to say that this is a lovely hotel. It is very cozy. I spend so much of my time in hotels and to get a nice place to lay my head is comforting. The hotel seems to be ungoing transformation still and some things are not up to par which would normally make me think twice about staying there. But the staff is absolutely wonderful which completely changed my outlook on the hotel. If you have the opportunity it is a great place to stay, close to everything but if nothing else you need to experiece the EXCEPTIONAL service that the hotel has to offer. One in particular is Carol who everyday brightened my day. She remembered my name and made sure each day she asked how I was doing, or ask me how my day was. She called Vitos for me and asked them if they had Snow crabs because in talking with her I told her that this was my favorite. I could not believe she took the time to remember and went above and beyond just from a simple conversation with her. I have never received such supurb service and I stay at a lot of hotels. For once my business trip was not just me as a number, I was a person. I felt so important. For this reason I would recommend the hotel because we as business or families like to feel like individuals and feel special so thank you to Carol and the Castle Hotel for making my business trip not so ho hum this time. Sincerly, Jessica 80942

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jessica R,
Thank you for writing your outstanding review highlighting Carole, I have shared your review with the team. Our staff prides themselves on providing stellar customer service. I hope your travels bring you to the Orlando area in the future. Take care, David
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here shortly after they opened after a large remodel in October 2013. While billed as a boutique hotel, I would not classify it as such. We confirmed our need for a crib a few days prior to arrival. At check-in, they noted the same on our account and stated that a crib would be ready in our room. (We knew we would have a tired baby due to late check-in.) Our 3rd floor room had a musty smell to start. No crib had been set up. We spoke with the manager who told us she would have go buy a Pack N Play. Yikes! They managed to dig out an ancient crib out of storage after a couple hours. The managers did work to accommodate us and upgraded us to a higher floor suite. Other issues included a dirty pool/hot tub area and lack of access to bottled water (outside of the very pricey bottle in the room.) The decor is very modern, but overall, you can still tell that this is an old hotel that they tried to shine up. We would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jbtraveler_1,
I want to thank you for your review. And I sincerely apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. Please know that your comments have been shared with the staff. I have addressed the shortcomings that you experienced and hope to gain your patronage in the future. Please contact the hotel if you plan on traveling back to Orlando. Sincerely, David
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute to enjoy Universal the next day, we were blown away by the character of this hotel upon check in, my 2 preteens went wild declaring it an excellent place for selfies. It was a very enjoyable, amazing lobby that did involve lots of picture taking. The pool was well maintained and while the front desk mentioned it was heated it felt very cold. I wish we could have gotten food at the pool, but it was after 8pm on a Saturday night, no luck. The bar provided an excellent salad and wine and a Shirley temple for my daughter after our swim. The only ding would be the rooms which seem a little more bland than the rest of the zing of the hotel and this isn't a place for kids, we were the only ones there. Fine by me, I would think kids would like other hotels in the area. The front desk staff was excellent, as were all we encountered during our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello JudiH,
Thank you for your review. I’m so glad your daughters loved the décor, we hope they “checked-in” so we can give it a “like”. I've addressed your concerns about the pool temperature and food hours. I warmly welcome you back anytime. Thank you, David
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I are frequent travelers and found this hotel by chance - it became a Marriott property around mid-October and doesn't seem to be advertised very well. Best kept secret on I-Drive!

It is lovely, quaint, comfortable. Rooms are very nice Marriott quality - it is actually their "Autograph Collection". You earn points and get upgrades if you are a rewards member, but the Marriott branding is very under-the-radar still.

IMPORTANT!
Do not pay attention to any reviews prior to October - this was apparently a Holiday Inn property (and I think something else as well). It has been renovated, redecorated, etc. and those reviews do not apply concerning quality. It went from average Holiday Inn to the fancy high-end Marriott brand so past reviews really don't apply.

The location is awesome - we were at a convention and elected to not rent a car - which was fine because everything you could need (besides theme parks) is at the corner or within a couple short blocks. Small market, large variety of restaurants and bars, all at or around the corner.

Staff was very friendly. Great ambience - very pretty lobby furniture and decor (girly!! Mirrors and pink/purple, silver sofas, cute!!) and even the insides of the elevators were pretty.

The elevators were key-controlled - as a woman, I like this feature. It stops anyone without a room key from getting in the elevator and randomly going upstairs.

The bathrooms are roomy and towels are super soft. Starbucks coffee makers are provided in rooms. Only 4 small pillows for 2 of us - I prefer more but not a big deal. Cozy robes. Windows do not open and there are no balconies - my only real disappointment as I love fresh air and balconies on my rooms when I travel. Also no fridge in the room - though they may offer of you ask - I didn't inquire. Toiletries are even high end and yummy smelling.

We only ate breakfast at the restaurant. Staff was superior as was food quality.

Small pool area but very pretty, even a couple "beds" with shade covers. Large hot tub.

If you are there for business, it's got great desk space, plenty of power outlets next to the bed for charging phones, laptops, etc. It doesn't seem like a great family hotel - more for convention travelers, business people, or couples-getaways - that's my impression.

We had a small issue with opening the safe, and engineering got to our room and fixed it literally within 5 minutes of my call - great customer service.

Overall, wonderful stay, and will certainly choose the Castle next time as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Good day Lindsey514,
Thank you for noting that we are now a Marriott Autograph property and the caliber of service that is offered. Being so close to the convention center is a highlight of the hotel as are our security features. As a Marriott member, if you’ll contact the hotel we’ll update your profile with your preference of extra pillows. Again, thank you for your wonderful review. I hope you have you as our guests again soon. Warmly, David
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Castle Hotel has been newly renovated and is worth visiting. In Orlando particularly close to the convention center it is hard to find a personalized hotel experience. The décor is a bit avant garde but the staff is fantastic. Not a single staff person failed to go out of their way to cater to us and provide helpful information. Perhaps the best bellman I have ever run into is at this hotel. Although not small this hotel has the feel of a small boutique hotel. The restaurants on property are excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Carl J,
Thank you for recognizing our bellman, I've relayed your wonderful comments. We’re delighted you enjoyed Antlers Lounge. I hope you have the opportunity to return soon. Best, David

Been to Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!