“Our Wedding” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Castle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Castle Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8629 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #160 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We got married here March 2010 and didnt stay at the hotel.

The hotel itself looked a little shabby and odd however our wedding was brilliant and amazing value!!!

We chose to get married on the roof terrace at sunset and organised to have the roof terrace for 2 and a half hours allowing time for drinks and some photos...

The wedding organiser was fabulous she made sure everything was perfect and did her job brilliantly the terrace looked lovely and we had a drinks waiter for the evening. The photographer recommended with the package however was appalling!!! I cannot describe how awful the photos were and not through lack of trying on his part! he spent the whole 2.5 hours following us taking pictures i assumed would be worth the bother.

That was however the only down point of the evening. We didnt eat or stay here but would recommend any one looking for a nice place for a small wedding to have a look around.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
We are thrilled you chose to celebrate your special wedding day at The Castle. We are pleased our coordinator made sure “everything was perfect” for the occasion. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit.

656 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Overall it is a nice hotel and within walking distance to many restaurants on International Blvd. They have movies at the pool every night for the kids. The one "hit" is that room service is very limited - really only cold sandwiches.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
We appreciate the review of your recent stay at The Castle and are pleased you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to serving you on a future visit.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great place, felt like home and Joe gave out a wealth of information.When we arrive I really did not know who mess up our reservation. Either Universal Studios or Castle, they had no room for us I was upset. I just got off a a two hour flight, I had no sleep because I work the late night shift and got only four hours of sleep to catch early flight out. My daughter was stress out and upset she was worried that we had no where to go.I book this package and pay it off four months in advance a birthday present to myself.Universal Studio state that they will call Castle and let them know it was my special day it never happen. The women at check in did not want to help out at first she told me come back later.But after calling Guest Services on my cell phone and put them on speaker. They told me it was Universal fault but Universal state that the paper work was send via fax two weeks ago. The front desk would not accommodate us even though I had my E documents until Universal was on speaker. The hotel shuttle for Disney not so great but Castle is a wonderful place if you rent a car everything is to far.The Universal shuttle only 3 in morning and three in afternoon and last one at 7 30 and Disney shuttle which is a small mini van it's at 9 am only and pick up at Downtown Disney 7 pm only. Cab to Disney is 35 dollars one way and Shuttle for Disney is 10 too 30 dollars depends were you want to be drop-off at Disney . They clean rooms very late in afternoon on my floor, and they had only three luggage carts for 9 floors. I was using the clothes dryer on 9th floor so I decide to go back to my room ,on the * floor well I mistakenly got off one floor above my room. I put key in and light turn green I almost walk into room that was not my. To my horror I realize on plate next to the door it was room*15 not my room number which first number I realize was different. I when to all floor with*15 and all had a green. Wow that is a really big security issues. Great trip last time I will stay here my experience here was good but I will choose wisely next time.

Room Tip: Anywhere on 6th floor and above.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Castle. We do apologize there was a mix-up with your Universal reservation but are pleased that Joe was able to provide outstanding service. Its wonderful that our hotel “felt like home” and we hope you’ll be back to see us again.
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I spent the last two nights here as an escape getaway. The location is wonderful because it is centraly located and you can walk to many restaurants or shopping. Our King Sized room on the 7th floor was great and was very clean and tidy. My only criticism is that some of the linens could use being replaced as they are worn and the walls are a bit thin.

The braekfast downstairs was very good and the staff in the hotel and restaurant aimed to please.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time spent in Orlando. Thank you for sharing a review. We are pleased you enjoyed the location of our hotel and certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels lead you to the Central Florida area.
Helensvale, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Turned up at 10.30 pm, went to check in and they advised me that they had given my room to somebody else, i.e. they had double booked. Apologised and sent me off to some second rate hotel down the road, they took no responsibility whatsoever.

Nice welcome for an overseas visitor after a 19 hour flight from Sydney, Australia.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review your visit to The Castle. Please accept our sincere apology that your experience failed to meet your expectations and was such a disappointment. Your guest experience has been shared with the General Manager in order to improve customer satisfaction.

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband attended a conference in Orlando, so my daughter and I stayed with him at The Holiday Inn Castle in Orlando. This is a beautiful and clean hotel. The "castle" aspects are very nice. The first night we were there, we enjoyed spending time on the rooftop veranda while watching the fireworks from Disney in the distance.

Okay, so Florida is HOT in September! Bring a couple changes of clothes if you plan to do any outside activities because it's so humid.

We spent MANY hours by the pool. It was always clean and never crowded. The people we met were exceptional - all very friendly and kind.

Regarding hotel staff, when we checked in, we were a little overwhelmed with the "script" that the front desk said to us. This was our very first time in Florida, so we knew there was lots to do, but lady at the front desk just jumbled it all together in a long sentence. But, when we got back to our room and went through all the info she had given us, it all started to make sense. She had recommended that we go next door to the Orlando Visitor Information Centre which was amazingly helpful, especially in figuring out the i-trolley and where the shopping outlets were, and what to do in case it rained. Plus, because my husband was attending the conference, we were able to get cheaper tickets for Disney and Seaworld.

There's a guy who works at the hotel, I think his name is Joe - he wears a black suit most of the time - super nice guy! Gave us lots of good tips and coupons and was always very friendly in greeting us and wishing us well on wherever our adventures for the day would take us.

Also, super good to deal with was the cab driver at the hotel, who I think is named Roger. Again, very pleasant and was helpful whenever we asked questions.

The guy at the breakfast buffet was also excellent. We went the first morning and were impressed with the variety of items as well as the value, since the fact that kids were free with a paying adult (which was great!). When we went back the next morning, the guy remembered our order from the day before and asked if we wanted the same - orange juice for me and apple juice for my daughter. Very impressive!

The only downfall to the hotel was the maid service. Although our room was cleaned each day, and we always had lots of fresh towels, etc., the lady who cleaned our room wasn't very friendly. I don't know if she didn't speak english, or just pretended not to. One day she didn't replace the dirty drinking glasses with clean ones. So, when I seen her next, I asked if we could get clean drinking glasses. She looked at me kinda funny, came into our room, took all the dirty glasses, swished water around in them in the bathroom sink, then dried them with a towel (and gave us a clean towel in return). Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought those glasses would have went through a dishwasher or something?? Maybe not, but that's really only the bad thing I can say about "The Castle."

Anyway, the beds were amazingly comfortable. There each have duvets which I loved compared to those awful comforters some hotels have.

The Castle is a bit of a trip from Disney, especially if you plan to take the i-trolley then Lynx metrobus. My recommendation would be to spend the $40 on a cab, instead of wasting nearly 2 hours of travel time by public transit. And, once you come back to the hotel from Disney, take a quick dip in the hotel pool at night, because it's open until 11pm, which is wonderful after a hot, humid day of walking around the park.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for your very positive and detailed review of your recent visit to The Castle. We are thrilled you found the experience so delightful and our staff provided you with excellent service that was both helpful and friendly. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit.
High Wycombe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We first stayed ar this hotel in August 2008, at this time it was a Double Tree Hotel, now it is a Holiday Inn. Not much as changed but it could do with a refurb the decor is a bit worn. The hotel used to have really nice beds with proper high qaulity linen, it now seems to have downgraded a bit, the beds are still really nice but not the same high quality linen. The rooms are not cleaned properly, we found layers of dust on the furniture everyday although the bathrooms are very nice and always properly cleaned.

We have one main complaint; the hotel advertises a shuttle to Disney Parks at a nominal cost. The cost is not nominial if your party is 4 or more it is far cheaper to take any cab off the street. The shuttle service is operated by a local firm and they get very aggresive if you pick up another taxi at the hotel, to avoid conflict you need to walk to the main road to hail a cab. Also the shuttle will onlt take you to Magic Kingdom, you will need to transfer to Disney Transport for the other parks. The Shuttle also only picks up from Magic Kingdom at 4pm or 10pm.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, far better view the carpark facing the other way
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit to The Castle. We apologize your stay failed to meet your expectations and you were disappointed with your experience. We make every effort to provide an outstanding guest experience. Please know your comments have been shared with all of the appropriate departments for improvement.

Guest Experiences Specialist

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!