My family stayed at this motel recently, and it was overall a bad experience. The staff that interacted with us was friendly and helpful, but that wasn't enough to counteract the copious amounts of clotted and crusted blood that stained the box spring and floor. Room 236 looks as if someone had been stabbed to death! You could easily see where the blood poured off the side of the bed onto the carpet.. you could also see where they unsuccessfully tried to rug doctor it away. There were black lines all over the floor where blood has been sorta vacuumed away, but the box spring hadn't even been cleaned. There were actual clots of blood hanging off of the sheets that wrapped the box spring. The same box spring that was held in place by a folded up paper bag..
We paid for the deluxe smoking room, they tried to give us non-smoking, we paid for deluxe, and I'm not sure what made this room deluxe because it didn't have anything more than 2 beds, a broken tv, a phone, and a clock. We expected perhaps a minifridge or microwave, but no go. There were very tiny small bugs all over the bathroom floor, too tiny to be ants,. probably mites of some kind. The door key didn't work..the elevator was broken(we expected it would be fixed, having read a review from over a month earlier where they said the elevator was broken). One of the elevators that worked had no ceiling tile over the fan. The door key didn't work and were told that the batteries in the door lock may have died..
The cleaning staff were only smiling when they were on break, they looked like they worked part time cleaning the prison next door. The hotel had timeshare people that were trying to talk us into going to a presentation within a minute of walking into the hotel...
The only redeeming quality was the front desk lady that let us check in early, thank you nice lady, you were the only thing positive about this stay.
This wasn't the type of hotel where you'd want to take a shower... we were all looking forward to a nice shower, but decided against it when we saw all the bugs and blood. This wasn't the type of hotel where you'd want to take your clothes off... we all slept in our clothes.
This place, because of the blood, and the broken everything, should be condemned until they can do some major major maintenance.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Orlando Universal Studios North Hotel
- Days Inn Orlando Universal Studios North Hotel Orlando
- Days Inn Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Universal North is located at the intersection of Interstate 4 and John Young Boulevard, Exit 79, just minutes from all major attractions and downtown Orlando. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn Orlando Universal Studios North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.