“Was OK” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate to your Saves list
Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5827 Caravan Court, Orlando, FL 32819   |
Ranked #276 of 326 Hotels in Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Washington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights.
This was a business trip set up only to finance a personal trip for my wife to meet our youngest son's first stated serious girlfriend. Mom's, you know what a priority this was.
I am a professional hot-shot truck driver using a 4 door diesel dually and a 30 foot trailer. We had safe & secure parking options, including a trailer-drop area that I was feeling good about. BIG+ for me.
Pets allowed, BIGGER plus for me and my 13 year companion... minor fee (10-20) in the area where we paid $65/night last December for pet deposit with so few motels allowing any pets.
Room? Loved it! Asked for a ground floor, got it with no hassle or extra charges.
Really liked the tile floors, my puppy liked them too. I put down one of my towels for her in case it got too chilly for her.
Comfy, clean bed,
clean bathroom with nice shower & plenty of uninterrupted hot water.
A/C worked perfect, maybe thanks to the guy I will mention later.
Mini-fridge worked great, ditto for (I think) microwave but I can only guess at that because my wife would have been the one to use it, but my coffee WAS hot..... so.....
Housekeeping was always obviously available, but respectful of privacy requests.
Walking areas well lit and seemed safe.
STAFF EVERYWHERE!!!!! I saw staff 6 am to midnight! Real people of all ages, ethnicities etc.... all sincerely friendly and service oriented.
In 2 days, never saw even one that was NOT WORKING! Even in the HEAT of the day, I saw the a/c repair room guy working on a unit, but he didn't have a working a/c to cool himself. Even he smiled and waved when he saw me looking.
This, to me, is an example of Top-notch management with an eye for long-term success.
I'm going to do whatever it takes to stay here when I return to Orlando, which I feel is going to be often.

Room Tip: Has Bus Truck/trailer parking with secure, well-lit areas for pet walking.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have researched cheap motels in the Orlando area because we like to make it a spur of the moment trip for a week-end. Our room was tiled, clean, quiet and convenient and very cheap. We stayed 2 nights for $90.00, all taxes and fees included. It was very close to Universal Studios and to International Drive. The pool was nicer than many more expensive places we have stayed. Reading these other comments makes me wonder why our room was so nice, but it was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Terrible hotel. Rooms smelled like they haven't been cleaned for months. All furniture surfaces were sticky. Bathroom walls were cracked and in desperate need of maintenance. Carpet was stained, sticky and smelled bad. AC worthless. The place was one step above a crack house.

• Stayed June 2014
Jupiter, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had great Indian Food at the restaurant on site last evening and woke up this am with bed bug bites! Yuck! Also got woke up several times in the night by people talking outside. Breakfast was not free and not good either. I just wanted to hurry up and leave.

Room Tip: Don't go here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate

Address: 5827 Caravan Court, Orlando, FL 32819
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #276 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate Hotel Orlando
Orlando Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Orlando Universal Maingate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.