“Great location if you want to see Mickey Mouse.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12799 Apopka Vineland Rd, (also known as SR 535), Orlando, FL 32836 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #56 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location if you want to see Mickey Mouse.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night. I did not go to Disney but it is a great location near lots of restaurants and stores. Convenient because Sonys restaurant was practically in the parking lot of hotel perfect for breakfast. Bed was not great it was a bed by numbers bed and it was not comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Turkish first
FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First, the Good Points: The location is great as far as proximity to Downtown Disney and plenty of shopping & good restaurants. It is immediately off Route 4, next to a large but somewhat "iffy" looking gift shop, right on Route 535. Parking was free and easily available. The room was large and clean as well as the common areas. We rarely interacted with any staff but when we did, they were friendly.
Now, the less-than-great: The Sleep Number beds folks rave about are nothing more than glorified air mattresses. We planned on a 3-night stay, but left after 2 nights to go home and straight to our chiropractor! The beds are lumpy and uneven -- hubby's side slowly deflated & had to be loudly adjusted several times each night. I couldn't get comfortable, tossing & turning each night. To each his own, I guess...
The water in the shower did get very hot. The bathroom sinks look beautifully modern but are the worst in terms of function. You have two options: turn it on slowly, which barely makes the water hit the bowl and thus, spills out onto the back of the counter; or turn it on full blast and soak yourself with the overspray. And did I mention how hot it gets? Careful, kids...
That being said, we've literally stayed in perhaps 40-50 hotels in Orlando over the past 15+ years. This did not measure up to the 3.5 star rating I've seen everywhere else. I would say more like 2.5-3 stars, or else you may be disillusioned as we were. And it is overpriced for a 2.5-3 star Orlando hotel, so maybe the star level is elevated to align more with the price? I wanted to rate this closer to a "2" on tripadvisor, but there were some good points with cleanliness, space & location. Just take it from a local and do your homework -- there are TONS of great deals in Orlando. This place isn't one of them.
The pool area is quite small with few lounge chairs. And not very relaxing -- since directly behind it is an extremely busy main road with traffic jams all day and night. The fitness center is small but decent enough. I did not visit the restaurant nor the small bar area directly inside the lobby, so I cannot comment on those areas. They do have a form of free breakfast (if you can call it that) which consists of coffee, water, fruit and pre-packaged "grab & go" cereal bars. But get up early because it's only available from 5:00 am - 6:30 am. Ninety minutes -- first come, first -- oops, too late!

Room Tip: Do your homework, there are plenty of really good rooms nearby. This isn't awful if nothing els...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is closed to everything. We love the free wifi and no resort fee. Love their friendly staffs. The only thing I think they need improvement was the swimming pool. It was very small. After all it was a pleasant 8 days stay.

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We all had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Staff was excellent. Our room was nice. We will stay there the next time we are in that area. Anything we requested, such as extra towels, coffee, etc. was provided with a pleasant attitude. We have no complaints.

Room Tip: I doubt if any rooms would be bad.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stay for 2 nights... AC is very strong - in common area and in room. Though the room was somewhat smaller in width - the depth compensated for it with a suite area (with a sofa) both my kids enjoyed. My wife and I were very pleased with the condition & and how clean the room was upon arrival. The room had all the amenities for a family - small fridge, microwave...complimentary coffee with to-go cups that were actually good (cuisinart coffee maker). Though I didn't make any purchase of Disney tickets on sight - nice that there was some well presented literature for the guests. The bathroom was very clean - a bit tight (door bangs toilet if seat is down) - but the condition and toiletries provided were good quality (and always replenished the next day). The towels were very thick and comfy (and always extra around). Housekeeping did a great job making the our room (she even left a card to tell us who she was and how she can make further accommodations). Love how we came back to the hotel room with a towel folded elephant - something you commonly find on cruise ships). Bed was comfy... though my sleep number bed wasn't responsive - the bed and pillow was very comfy. Loved how wi-fi was free and fast! Loved how there was 3 channels of HBO free. FREE parking - I arrived at 1:00AM on my 1st night...and found no trouble finding a spot. Only negative about driving to this hotel and if you are on the other side of 535 route - it takes some time to u-turn and come back to the hotel during peak hours. People complain about the view - highway..and a gift shop....but I'm from NYC - so I've seen worse. The windows are well insulated - so you can bearing hear anything. I was pleased to find that vending machines were easily accessible on our floor - and cost was more than reasonable. 20 oz bottle of soda for 1.50. I've been to places that charge 2.00 for a 12 oz can. My family and I had breakfast buffet in the rest -reasonable priced - service was nice - variety of food was good - cook to order eggs and fresh pancakes. Toast could have been better. Coffee (starbucks brewed) was nice. Kids ate for free. Though we didn't get to use the pool - it looked nice and clean. Overall - very pleased with the price we paid for - and love how we were able to enjoy all the amenities without being nickel and dime for those "resort fee" most other places charge and fail to deliver. Definitely gonna stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator corridor probably better - my room was 2 doors away from elevator and I hea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at the hotel and the staff who's working at the restaurant have weird attitude and not friendly. I get that there is a sign to wait to be seated but then the tables are empty and they state at you and keep you waiting and want you to set only on specific tables so they don't have to clean the rest and prepare them for lunch time. Also they don't check if you need coffee or be around when you ask for the check

Roma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson with my family to go to the Disney and Universal parks. Hotel is in a good location close to the parks, quite nice and clean.
Anyway, I was really disappointed for the poor customer care: back in the hotel at 22:30 I found that nobody cleaned up and mantained my room. Asked the reception desk about the reason for that they sent somebody one hour later while we were sleeping. The day after, once again, I made a complaint to the reception but nobody apologized for the really poor service.
Usually, in this case, I'd expect formal excuses by some supervisor, maybe with a complimentary drink....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear 'alemator': Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do indeed appreciate your compliments on our hotel and are happy that you found our location to be ideal. We do wish to apologize as it seems that our renown customer service was not fully executed in the isolated issue you shared. On behalf of The Radisson Hotel Orlando – Lake Buena Vista, we commit to ensure that your claim is fully investigated and immediately corrected. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and hope that you will return to us again in the future- when we can demonstrate resolution in this area. To discuss your visit further, please contact the hotel directly and ask for our General Manager.

Warmest regards to you,
The Radisson Hotel-Orlando Lake Buena Management Team

Been to Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!