“A wonderful stay, FREE SHUTTLE TO DISNEY & UNIVERSAL” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

You added Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12799 Apopka Vineland Rd, (also known as SR 535), Orlando, FL 32836 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #56 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“A wonderful stay, FREE SHUTTLE TO DISNEY & UNIVERSAL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed here for 6 days to see Disney and Universal.
The FREE SHUTTLE was such a huge bonus as we flew in and didn't plan on renting a car.

The only thing that I must complain about is the wireless internet is terrible. While I was at the front desk notifying them, several other guests were complaining about the same issue.
Their resolution was to have their maintenance guy come and reset the router which worked for a few hours.
The router is located behind the television and by the second day I was unplugging and re plugging in the router myself to get it to work. Terribly obnoxious though.

Other than that though...my stay was wonderful.
The staff is GREAT! They really will do whatever it takes to make your stay as carefree as possible.
The room was impeccably CLEAN.
The hotel seems NEW.
Not a fan of the sleep number beds, but I guess they were comfortable enough.

The bar does take out breakfast sandwiches in the morning for $4 which was great right before getting on the shuttle to Disney or Universal.

We didn't rent a car and missed the shuttle the first day so out cab to EPCOT was $35.
Also, a cab to Downtown Disney was about $8.
Definitely go with Platinum taxis because Mears takes FOREVER!
Have the front desk call them and then they can just call your room when they arrive.

We used eat24.com to get food from a local Thai place called Thai Thani which was very good.

OVERALL a great stay, will definitely stay here again for my next Disney excursion.
Definitely RECOMMEND

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Turkish first
Grahamsville, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

After reading all the positive reviews of the staff, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with check-in. The service I received at the front desk was minimal at best. I was asked for my various identification cards (ID, AAA, credit card), and was then presented my room keys. My request for a room not facing I-4 was honored.
The young lady at the front desk did not mention anything about the onsite restaurant. I was not told about the wireless Internet, even though I was carrying a laptop case. I was unable to connect to the hotel's wireless Internet with my laptop. The hotel staff did provide me with an Ethernet cable, however.
Our room was very clean. Bedding and towels were clean and adequate. However, the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion) were not very good. I don't usually expect much from hotel/motel toiletries, but these were among the worst I have used.
The size of the room was very comfortable. The bathroom was quite small, though. When closing the bathroom door, it just barely missed hitting the front of the toilet seat.
The location of the hotel is close to Disney and Universal. There are plenty of dining choices nearby, some within walking distance. Overall, this hotel was a good value for this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face I-4.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear 'MaryJane18'...Thank you for taking the time to compose a review with us about your recent visit! We are very grateful you chose to stay with us and hope to have you with us again! Thank you for sharing some very helpful tips with us---on behalf of the Staff, I apologize you were not fully informed of all the features and services we provide (complimentary)...Please know, that with your input, we are reminded and will work even harder to communicate each and every detail possible! Thank you for all that you shared and please, when you are visiting Orlando again, contact us and ask fro a Manager (or myself) and we will personally tailor your reservation as best as we can to ensure satisfaction! Thank you! Angela on behalf of the Mngmt Team at Radisson LBV
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The other reviews pretty much sum this place up but I will put my quick two cents in….First, this was a quick weekend trip for my husband and I, and we didn’t book a hotel till the Monday before. Being a holiday weekend, we were having trouble finding good rates. I looked at several hotels online, and I had several criteria I wanted in a hotel 1) no resort fees 2) free parking 3) free shuttle to Disney 4) free breakfast 5) clean rooms with fairly updated décor (this can be very important in Orlando where many of the older area hotels feature Golden Girls style wicker furniture, flowered bedspreads that were purchased in 1990, and probably not washed since then either, and outdated bathrooms, carpet, etc). This hotel fit the bill for the lowest price. The only thing it didn’t offer was the free breakfast, but that was ok, it did have a microwave and fridge. Since we were just driving up from Miami, we brought our own food and just made breakfast in the room every morning. Even if you can’t bring your own food, there are tons of restaurants in the area, and even a Waffle House that is actually in the same parking lot as the hotel. The free shuttle actually goes to Disney about 3 times in the morning and comes back several times in the afternoon and it also goes to Universal and the shopping outlets once a day (the schedule is on the hotel’s website). The times can be limiting, so we actually had to drive to the park one day, but we took the shuttle the next day and it worked out fine. The only thing I would say that could make this limited shuttle better would be if they provided an earlier shuttle to Disney’s Tickets and Transportation Center. The earliest one goes at 9:50 from the hotel and you have to stop and pick up guests at another resort. By the time you get to the TTC and then take transportation to the park, you won’t be getting there till at least 10:30-11:00 and the parks open at 9:00. The only other complaint was that the free WiFi didn’t work in our room. It did work in the lobby, however, so maybe if you try getting a room closer to the lobby the WiFi may work. The customer service was very good, and the room was updated and clean and quiet. The size of the room was adequate for two people, maybe even four, but I would think it would be a little cramped to put more than that in there. We would definitely stay here again if visiting Disney.

Room Tip: If you want WiFi in your room, try to get one closer to the lobby
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 'DiveGirl26'...Thank you for your very detailed and honest review- we appreciate your input! Your suggestions will definitely be reviewed for consideration! We do apologize as we had a system outage while you were visiting that interrupted our WIFI services- it has since been repaired and we thank you for your understanding!

Even though the famous, Betty White did just celebrate her 90th birthday and we are a fan of hers, we agree with you-we are NOT fans of 1990 'Golden Girl' furniture'...WELL SAID!
We are so glad you enjoyed our decor!

Thank you once again and we certainly hope to have you return to us again in the future! Wishing you and yours the best!

-Angela on behalf of the Radisson LBV Family
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This hotel is in very good condition; neat, tidy, clean; helpful staff, good room.
I won't bother uploading any pictures because those currently (2012) provided by the owners are indeed a fair representation.
Good spacious room on the 7th floor with an outlook over the adjacent shops and restaurants etc on the Crossroads development (mostly restaurants and bars (very wide choice of each), 24 hour Goodings supermarket, nicely landscaped, quiet and unobtrusive).
Being to the side of the hotel, there was no road noise.
Free wifi in the room, free shuttles to the walt disney atractions, two free to use pc's in the lobby with free internet access, free local calls, the list goes on.
Staff were unfailingly helpful and pleasant - especially in the hotel's bar !
I think this hotel is a better choice than being on the disney resorts - which I think are rather isolated and self contained. It's more attractively priced, is minutes walk (walk !) from a range of good bars and restaurants (e.g. Johhny's hideaway (see separate review))
The hotel sits across the street from the start of the disney estate; It's about a 20 minute stroll to downtown disney (shops, bars, restaurants) from where you can catch a free bus to epcot, magic kingdom etc.
The all you can eat breakfast buffet is pretty good (bacon, eggs, sausage links, toast, corned beef hash, fruits, cakes, etc with coffee) and very reasonably priced ($10 I seem to recall) although there is a much greater choice at the nearby Golden Corrall buffet on Vineland - less than 10 minutes walk away (for which I intend to write a review (but as an aside, we went there three times)).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I spent six nights at the Radisson while I was attending a nearby conference.

The room was large with two beds and a sitting area. A microwave and refrigerator were provided. It was decorated well and clean. The beds were adjustable beds, and I had no problem finding the setting that was comfortable to me.

The bathroom was modern and well designed. Plenty of towels were there, and they were good quality and not worn and thin.

The location was great for me, since it was very close to where my conference was. The hotel is also close to Disney, and not very far from Sea World, so it's well located. It is right of I-4, so it is easy to find.

The staff was also very helpful and guest-oriented.

There is a restaurant at the Radisson, but I didn't eat there, so I cannot comment on it.

The only negative thing I could say was that I could hear kids running in the hallway or upstairs from time to time. But this was an occasional, minor annoyance.

A great place to stay, and I will be staying there next year when I am back in Orlando for the same conference.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Clean rooms. Those corners you are always worried to look at in hotel rooms were actually clean. Great housekeeping, we often saw a Supervisor checking over rooms and staff steam cleaning the carpets. Lobby was clean. Never ate at the restaraunt so we cannot comment. We thought the location was very convenient. Plenty of places to eat, grocery store nearby. Short drive to the parks and International Drive. Pool was too cool for us to use so we cannot comment but there were a few brave souls swimming. Our only issue was the internet connection. We never could connect any of our devices from our room. We notified the front desk and someone was sent to restart the router. Had no effect. If we did connect it was for a few seconds at most. Notified the desk a few days later that it still was not working and was told how strange because only one other person had said the same. Meanwhile, the lobby was fulll of people on phones, tablets and laptops. You could see people start checking their device as soon as they got off the elevator. There were a few tv stations that did not come in well either, so it seems to be some sort of connection problem somewhere. Otherwise a very pleasant stay and we would do so again!

Glasgow, Scotland, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

After reading really positive reviews I was expecting more from this hotel than it delivered! We normally stay at the Marriott village opposite but thought we would try out this hotel due to the reviews.

On arriving I was offered a jacuzzi suite for an upgraded price. I accepted this offer not fully realising that as well as losing a whole double bed this also meant no bath tub in the bathroom and just a shower. As we were travelling with a baby a bath tub was needed and bathing a baby in a jacuzzi didn't prove to be that easy! The crib we had requested was great but finding a space for it was also a challenge due to the jacuzzi and the room being actually no larger than a standard room.

The jacuzzi rooms I was told were at the front of the hotel and I should have took that as a warning because the noise from the motorway was very intrusive actually waking me during the night at times. As we had several cases and baby items and shopping etc we decided to bear the noise rather than have the hassle of switching rooms and re packing.

The beds were adjustable but mine seemed to have a low battery and I would set it before going to sleep and woke up with it either as solid as a brick or so soft that I was lying on the floor. The combination of the bed and the noise all contributed to poor sleep.

My final gripe was the supposed high speed internet. This would not connect several times and when it did connect I kept being kicked out every few minutes. I called reception who sent up the technical guy who commented that their Internet doesn't work very well with apple devices. I commented on leaving the hotel that with the iPad 2 and iPhone being the best sellers in their categories, the Internet not working well with apple was a serious flaw. Reception assured me that they were just having technical problems with the wifi.

On the plus sides the hotel location is fantastic, it is very clean and well presented And staff were very helpful. I did not use the pool as I heard it was un heated so decided against using it.

I have rated this hotel as good purely because the staff at the end of my stay were sympathetic when I mentioned my issues and did sincerely apologise and to me that goes a long way!

It looks like we were just unlucky with our stay at this hotel as other people seem to rave about it but for us, sadly it failed to deliver.

Room Tip: Avoid jacuzzi suites as they sit virtually on the motorway. Go for a standard room at the back
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir- I had the pleasure of speaking with you at check out...I am so happy we were able to discuss your stay and work towards a solution together! I appreciate your feedback!

Again, I do so apologize that you were not fully satisfied. I hope that you will consider returning to us in the future and whenever that is, please ask to speak with myself and I will be happy to assist you personally! We value your business and input greatly!

Best wishes to you and yours,
Angela- On behalf of the Radisson LBV Family

Been to Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!